Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@OniyaMCD In Twitch there is an option to create a custom profile. Click on that then on the 2nd line there is an import link above all of the boxes to be filled out. Click that link then locate the zip files (no need to unzip) that you downloaded from the curse website. It should install the pack that way.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Its only my SSP world anyway, so I will actually cheat in the needed seeds and end stone for the test, and get back to you with the results tomorrow!

Ok, so I didn't get round to testing this, however I did discover that despite being under greenhouse glass, which makes most things have green sparkles (although not the Ender Lilly), the Lilly DID still grow, which suggests that it may be either not a bonemeal action, or the EL is an exception to the glass - so it has no effect either way!

So the things to test when I do check it are:
• Lilly on endstone by itself
• Lilly on endstone with greenhouse glass
• Lilly in cloche without bonemeal
• Lilly in cloche with bonemeal

That should help answer some questions I think.

M

MikW

How do you add new mods to an already existing FTB pack (DW20 1.10) from the Twitch Launcher?

Last time I tried doing this I don't know why the launcher made a new profile that overwrites my old one, erasing all the data so I had to use a backup save file.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
As a workaround, I did set up a patch of 13 Red Orchids (all the Redstone Ore I had on hand) before walking away last night. I have an AA Farmer aimed at it, but I didn't stick around long enough to see if it would harvest them for me. Here's hoping.

At this point, my level of tech is laughably simplistic. I was inspired to build a bridge after I settled down, and frankly it's eaten most of my playing time (which is much smaller than I would like it to be). All the materials for the project have been hand collected by myself, and I have no automated resource gathering except a Tier IV Woot Factory and some charcoal farming. But that's changing now...

I've decided to grow what resources I can with AgriCraft (Iron, Gold, Nether Quartz, Lapis, Glowstone, Redstone, Diamonds, and Emeralds), and I have 10'd seeds of each growing in front of Mechanical Users for automation. The problem then is Copper and Tin (a few others too, but mostly those for now). My solution is Reliquary's Tome of Alkahest. It can dupe a great many things, but it costs Redstone/Glowstone to recharge. Well, I'm going to begin autocrafting with it, so I'll require a metric shitton of Redstone/Glowstone to keep up.

My fall back plan is to push through enough Botania to get the Conjuration Catalyst and a steady supply of Mana. Then I can use that to produce my recharge stock while I redirect all the misguided farming attempts on to ImmEng power generation (mostly because I love the aesthetics of the mod).

That is, unless Sprout releases and I jump ship...
How did this go by the way? How did you find the red orchids for production? I've had a set of 8 under Greenhouse Glass with mechanical users and a vacuum hopper dealie, and I've actually been getting a really nice, steady stream of redstone - plus a LOAD more orchids. I'm actually considering grabbing some more redstone ore, and planting a bunch of these in their own greenhouse. I think with, say, 32 on the go (two double-strips of 8 with MechUsers on either side) I'll be netting a very tidy amount! I may need to get my IE Excavator up and running on that lapis vein sooner rather than later though...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Uhhh I hope the mechanical users are on the side of the orchids, greenhouse glass needs direct view to the plant for the effect
Of course! :) I have two rows of 4 next to each other, with the 2x4 greenhouse glass a block or two above the orchids, and a row of 4 Mechanical Users on either side, adjacent to the orchids.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do you add new mods to an already existing FTB pack (DW20 1.10) from the Twitch Launcher?

Last time I tried doing this I don't know why the launcher made a new profile that overwrites my old one, erasing all the data so I had to use a backup save file.

First, you have to "unlock" the pack.

Do this by right-clicking on the downloaded pack's icon, anywhere except the "Play" button.

Click the "View Profile" selection on the menu. This will bring you to a page showing individual mods in the pack.

Click the "Ellipses" [...] button in the upper right corner and select "Profile Options".

In that page uncheck the "Locked" box to enable the addition/removal of mods.

On this screen you can also uncheck "Memory Settings" if you want to customize your Ram Allocation without it resetting every time you start the launcher. You can also select if you only want to be notified about "Released" versions of the pack or be able to access "Beta" versions as well.

A caveat or two:
1) When you add mods to a pack and then a pack update occurs you will have to manually update the packs you add. On the plus side they won't be deleted.

2) Disable packs if you don't want to load them. Don't delete them because the last time I deleted a mod it was added right back in on the next update... Disabling them does replace them when updating but it marks them as "disabled".

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How did this go by the way? How did you find the red orchids for production? I've had a set of 8 under Greenhouse Glass with mechanical users and a vacuum hopper dealie, and I've actually been getting a really nice, steady stream of redstone - plus a LOAD more orchids. I'm actually considering grabbing some more redstone ore, and planting a bunch of these in their own greenhouse. I think with, say, 32 on the go (two double-strips of 8 with MechUsers on either side) I'll be netting a very tidy amount! I may need to get my IE Excavator up and running on that lapis vein sooner rather than later though...

As to getting red orchids, in the packs I play (Beyond, DW20) you can rarely get them by breaking grass and/or they drop when you mine redstone.

[Edit:] Forget getting the red orchids when mining redstone. I was thinking about the empowered crystals (from XU2 I think?) at the time.

Last edited:
H

hibber22

Does anyone know where I can find the alternate ftb 1.2.5 maps. Direwolf20 showed off some of them in his old series. Slowpoke said he would release them eventually and it's been several years.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I'm finally getting into Immersive Engineering and have enjoyed watching Mischief of Mice's vids, but there seems to be one glaring problem.

I'm trying to start working towards the Diesel Generator, and have made some (SUPER OP) Cloches, and was going to start working on making the Squeezer and Fermenter.
Melons seem to be the item of choice to feed both of these machines (melon slices for one, seeds for the other) but I don't see a way to break the melons using Immersive Engineering.
Cloches produce full melon blocks, that need to be broken down to slices to break down to seeds to use in the Squeezer, and I thought the Assembler could do this, but it can not.
Sadly there isn't even a vanilla recipe to just convert melon blocks into slices.

So I looked around, and saw DW20 use a Sawmill to break down the melon blocks, but I'm trying to go "pure" Immersive Engineering.

Any suggestions?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
So I'm finally getting into Immersive Engineering and have enjoyed watching Mischief of Mice's vids, but there seems to be one glaring problem.

I'm trying to start working towards the Diesel Generator, and have made some (SUPER OP) Cloches, and was going to start working on making the Squeezer and Fermenter.
Melons seem to be the item of choice to feed both of these machines (melon slices for one, seeds for the other) but I don't see a way to break the melons using Immersive Engineering.
Cloches produce full melon blocks, that need to be broken down to slices to break down to seeds to use in the Squeezer, and I thought the Assembler could do this, but it can not.
Sadly there isn't even a vanilla recipe to just convert melon blocks into slices.

So I looked around, and saw DW20 use a Sawmill to break down the melon blocks, but I'm trying to go "pure" Immersive Engineering.

Any suggestions?
Crusher maybe?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope.... Just tried it.

Even JEI shows only the sawmill as a way to break the block down to slices automatically
Perhaps some sort of place/breaker combo? I don't recall off-hand what options exist natively,

I honestly haven't has time to check, What little time I've had to play has been dedicated to a project. I'm proud enough of it already that I'm considering showing it shortly...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can always just place them down, and use a piston with an upper half slab to pop them into slices.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Any suggestions?
I've done the same build and decided to just go sawmill :/ but once I get my build more established, I might create a "decorative" sawmill with C&B and IE conveyor belts, and hide the TE sawmill underneath!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I've done the same build and decided to just go sawmill :/ but once I get my build more established, I might create a "decorative" sawmill with C&B and IE conveyor belts, and hide the TE sawmill underneath!

So, not a solution to my question, but a solution to what to use instead of Melon.

I added 3 more Cloches, and have 3 growing Potatoes, and 3 growing Industrial Hemp. Using Conveyor Belts, and two Item Routers I send them to the correct machines and a Storage Crate with the Void Upgrade to handle excessive Industrial Hemp Fiber.

To be honest, I could probably get away with only 1 Cloche for each crop, as they produce items at insane speeds.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, not a solution to my question, but a solution to what to use instead of Melon.

I added 3 more Cloches, and have 3 growing Potatoes, and 3 growing Industrial Hemp. Using Conveyor Belts, and two Item Routers I send them to the correct machines and a Storage Crate with the Void Upgrade to handle excessive Industrial Hemp Fiber.

To be honest, I could probably get away with only 1 Cloche for each crop, as they produce items at insane speeds.
And how! You don't even need fertiliser for them to get a decent rate. I did four melon cloches, and rather regretted it based on how many I ended up with.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
IMO, either super high up in the air (which can look ugly) or, if you can find a fairly dense underground area not covered in caves.

What I've done in my last couple of games is dug it out underneath my main base. It limits the area where mobs can spawn, particularly during the day because it's buried in all solid rock and it's the only dark area. You can do this with modded minecraft because of things like spikes and mob grinding utils grinder, and the absorption hopper to collect the loot and xp. With fans to push the mobs into the kill zone because water will make endermen teleport away.

I set it at least 30 meters below my main base as early as I can so it collects while I'm doing my thing upstairs.

Reactions: MikW

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Here, the first part of this shows my setup. This is using cursed earth, but it works fine with regular blocks, just slower, obviously.

The glass I use on the to is dark glass. Let's me check in from above without letting sunlight in: