Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So, got some sort-of-simple, possibly complicated questions:

Does AA Greenhouse glass still work the same? And how DOES it work? Does it apply a bonemeal effect? Likewise does the IE cloche apply a bonemeal effect without fertiliser in it? And is it bonemeal-like WITH bonemeal fertiliser in?

I've got an Ender Lilly and some end stone, and I'm trying to decide the best way to use it. I put it in a cloche (now the crash has been fixed) and it seemed to be very slow (which is weird considering I'm sure I've seen it fast on a DW20 video); likewise I've tried it under greenhouse glass and it doesn't appear to be any faster (I didn't give it too long, because if anything it seemed slower), so I'm now just left wondering really!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't know how AA Greenhouse glass used to work or not, but I use it in conjunction with worms and it's raining sparkles on that mo fo. So, yes, it is a bonemeal effect. If your goal there was to get sneaky with those ender lilies. :p

AFAIK, there's nothing you can do to boost the Ender Lily growth. Anything bonemeal-esque will actually reverse a step. I don't think it uses normal plant mechanics at all.

Edit: I have several billion ender pearls if you'd like to borrow some :p My sincere recommendation is to use a mob grinding utils mob grinder like mine, on cursed earth. You'll drown in pearls. Or without the cursed earth, still much faster than Lilies.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
So, got some sort-of-simple, possibly complicated questions:

Does AA Greenhouse glass still work the same? And how DOES it work? Does it apply a bonemeal effect? Likewise does the IE cloche apply a bonemeal effect without fertiliser in it? And is it bonemeal-like WITH bonemeal fertiliser in?

I've got an Ender Lilly and some end stone, and I'm trying to decide the best way to use it. I put it in a cloche (now the crash has been fixed) and it seemed to be very slow (which is weird considering I'm sure I've seen it fast on a DW20 video); likewise I've tried it under greenhouse glass and it doesn't appear to be any faster (I didn't give it too long, because if anything it seemed slower), so I'm now just left wondering really!
The ender lilies work on a timer and aren't tick based so basically there isn't a way to speed up growth. I would recommend melting the seeds down in the magma crucible. And then put the liquid ender into the smeltery and pour it into a pan cast. You get 16 pearls per. Which is far more than youd ever grown.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I would recommend melting the seeds down in the magma crucible. And then put the liquid ender into the smeltery and pour it into a pan cast. You get 16 pearls per. Which is far more than youd ever grown.
not really since there grown on end stone(if not endstone its bad growth rate but the cloche only accepts endstone soil for these) and auto harvested + auto replanted in the cloche . they have a chance at an additional seed drop which does mean it will be spreadable then theres chunkloading the ender lilies ....(thats alot of pearls)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
While the reply to "just make a mob farm" is valid, it still doesn't quite answer the question. Does the Cloche not work on them? I'm with the OP on the question here, because I'm sure I've seen it in the most recent Forgecraft server videos he's done...

If they don't speed up the Lilly, at least it would be a super cheap easy to set up auto-farm for them, but it would be nice if it sped them up too :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't Lillypad of Fertility used to affect Ender Lily Seeds positively? The rationale behind it was the LoF used to add extra growth ticks rather than force a bonemeal event. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but there was a way to do it way back in Monster. Granted, that was way back in 1.6, so things very well may have changed since then.

I usually just try to get as many as I can early, then plant them near my bed or beside a main door (somewhere I see them often, but aren't in the way). This makes it easy to see them as soon as they are ready for harvest. Since they are finicky about what can farm them and how to speed them up, I usually just manually tend them, adding more seeds as they become available.

Definitely worth a science fair project to see what options are available at this stage.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Eek, not so simple a question then! But one worth asking from the sounds of it. Like @Cptqrk, I'm sure I've seen DW20 use the cloche, and it looked super fast then, which suggests that SOMETHING has changed since that time. If I get more than 1 ender lilly, I'll do some parallel experiments and see how it turns out.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Eek, not so simple a question then! But one worth asking from the sounds of it. Like @Cptqrk, I'm sure I've seen DW20 use the cloche, and it looked super fast then, which suggests that SOMETHING has changed since that time. If I get more than 1 ender lilly, I'll do some parallel experiments and see how it turns out.
last i heard ender lilies are an exception by the ie dev for acceleration a cloche

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
last i heard ender lilies are an exception by the ie dev for acceleration a cloche
Ah, that would explain it! The exception was probably added after DW20 showed how OP it was on the Forgecraft server. Damn him ;)

Its only my SSP world anyway, so I will actually cheat in the needed seeds and end stone for the test, and get back to you with the results tomorrow!

Reactions: Henry Link
C

cap.1o

Hello !

I don't understand so much Extra Utilities with wireless battery and transmitters.
I have done on railcraft trees farm and put around wireless battery (extra utilities 2) with above leaf generator (actually additions). Then i place some wireless transmetters (extra utilities 2) on every Ender Io RF Bank on my base.
The farm is 400 blocs from my base.
Do leaf generators (no transmetters are on them) by the wireless battery will give the RF produce to the bank ? Even the long distance ?

I quite confused to transfer the energy of the leaf generator to my base without cables every where.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Didn't Lillypad of Fertility used to affect Ender Lily Seeds positively? The rationale behind it was the LoF used to add extra growth ticks rather than force a bonemeal event. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but there was a way to do it way back in Monster. Granted, that was way back in 1.6, so things very well may have changed since then.

I usually just try to get as many as I can early, then plant them near my bed or beside a main door (somewhere I see them often, but aren't in the way). This makes it easy to see them as soon as they are ready for harvest. Since they are finicky about what can farm them and how to speed them up, I usually just manually tend them, adding more seeds as they become available.

Definitely worth a science fair project to see what options are available at this stage.

Progressive Automation works very nicely for tending Ender Lilies. I set one of those bad boys up in a playthrough of Galactic Science. I don't think it speeds them up any, but you don't have to fuss over harvest, replanting, or getting stuck by pricklies (Pipe them out the bottom/side, and straight into storage.)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello !

I don't understand so much Extra Utilities with wireless battery and transmitters.
I have done on railcraft trees farm and put around wireless battery (extra utilities 2) with above leaf generator (actually additions). Then i place some wireless transmetters (extra utilities 2) on every Ender Io RF Bank on my base.
The farm is 400 blocs from my base.
Do leaf generators (no transmetters are on them) by the wireless battery will give the RF produce to the bank ? Even the long distance ?

I quite confused to transfer the energy of the leaf generator to my base without cables every where.
Basically, yes - as long as the area with the leaf generators is chunkloaded, I believe.

The generators power the wireless battery - note that these need to be connected by, say conduits or IE wires, it won't pull RF wirelessly from the generators; the wireless battery takes in the RF and sends it to the wireless transmitters. I believe you need to right-click each wireless transmitter the first time you put it down to check where it is then sending RF to - it does not need to be attached to the RF users, it has a short range of its own.

You MAY need some ExU2 Grid Power for the system to work, I'm not sure - its been a while since I used it!

C

cap.1o

Basically, yes - as long as the area with the leaf generators is chunkloaded, I believe.

The generators power the wireless battery - note that these need to be connected by, say conduits or IE wires, it won't pull RF wirelessly from the generators; the wireless battery takes in the RF and sends it to the wireless transmitters. I believe you need to right-click each wireless transmitter the first time you put it down to check where it is then sending RF to - it does not need to be attached to the RF users, it has a short range of its own.

You MAY need some ExU2 Grid Power for the system to work, I'm not sure - its been a while since I used it!

I done this systeme : It seems work and fill the energy cell.
I give you screenshot to see more easy.

Leaf Generator with wireless battery : https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=46839720170627171331.png

Transmitters put on energy cell : https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=46839720170627171331.png

I hope i have done it correctly there are no video for that on youtube.

Edit: Ok for the system thank you.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
This one's more for future reference. I went to download a pack on the Twitch app, and for some reason it kept timing out. (I'm blaming the two other computers streaming anime episodes.) I was able to download the file from the Curse website just fine as a zip, but then it wasn't showing up in the Twitch launcher. I went back to the 'Browse all packs' tab, found it again, and it had the option to play. I was able to hit that and get the Minecraft launcher profile thing, but it still wasn't on the Twitch app.

I did eventually just redownload it through the Twitch app once my bandwidth was better (summer vacation, what can you do?), but is there an easier way to get a downloaded zip to be recognized by the Twitch app?