Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrBear09

Jul 29, 2019
AE setup for boilers, everything is hidden under nether brick facades.
uvpLQ59.png

full in/out on gregtech machines and thermal expansion machines
NjmZXjk.png

sawmills on the other side
dFhj13c.png

warded AE setup, everythings in that room, quarries feed into it, 3 me drive bays with 28 drives so far. and they are all being used to some degree.
69fCj24.jpg

Assembly Room, circle of lasers, and assembly tables outputting into tesseracts automatically into ae
kMLtbk3.png

matter fab and portal gun room
gnZQdUw.png

partial automation on big machines, gonna move these upstairs with full ae setup.
F1BIW0R.png

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Waaaait... so the MAC can put together processed bits, but Interfaces need their own patterns installed to process the bits for the MAC?

Yes, please, regarding access to your tutorial :)

(for the record, I've watched Direwolf's AE video a couple of times... but i'm still a bit fuzzy on the MAC and other more advanced parts of the process.)

It's not an all inclusive quide or spotlight, more a how to get a bare bones setup in a survival setting but might help:

part 1:

part 2:

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why people dump the cobble and dirt from their quarry into their AE drives. Mine goes into a couple of upgraded factorization barrels. Simple diamond pipes (which are very good at this simple task and are cheap to make) push dirt and cobble into their respective barrels. The barrels are hooked up to the AE network through storage busses. You could do the same with the deep storage units if you have that mod installed (think it's MFR).

Inserting stuff into the system and then exporting it again costs energy. Seems kinda pointless to me. And you never ever need that much cobble to begin with.

I have pretty much everything in my system and I'm using 3 64k drives simply because of the number of different items. The drives aren't full at all.

I have item tesseracts that lead into my AE system. It goes Tesseract > diamond pipe that filters out cobble/dirt > ME interface. Any cobble/dirt that doesn't fit into the barrel gets voided.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo, anyone able to get the ME Interface to work with a Rolling Machine?
Yup. Put one set of the resources into the rolling machine first. Then set the Interface on top, and format the blank to the correct input and output. Plug and play![DOUBLEPOST=1367548024][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try an export bus with the items you are using in the rolling machine as the filters.

IMarv
That will use all of your resources in your system to craft. I'd rather not turn all my ingots into mixed metals.

Reactions: AlanEsh

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Put one set of the resources into the rolling machine first. Then set the Interface on top, and format the blank to the correct input and output. Plug and play![DOUBLEPOST=1367548024][/DOUBLEPOST]
That will use all of your resources in your system to craft. I'd rather not turn all my ingots into mixed metals.
Place a level emitter pointed at the export bus. Set the export bus to only export when it has a redstone signal. Set the level emitter to send a signal when you have less than 10 (pick your own number) mixed metal ingots. If you are immediately using them, pick that result instead.

IMarv

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Place a level emitter pointed at the export bus. Set the export bus to only export when it has a redstone signal. Set the level emitter to send a signal when you have less than 10 (pick your own number) mixed metal ingots. If you are immediately using them, pick that result instead.

IMarv
Unless they have changed it this is a poor option. Export busses will export as much of they can of the 1st item before even trying the 2nd item. That means for any recipe with multiple components (say MMI) it is going to keep stacks of 64 of each item besides the last in the rolling machine. Interfaces really are the way to go. Export busses and level emitters work great in some cases so you dont have to wait for craft times, but in this case there are some pretty huge downsides. (you could get the upswing of the export bus/level emitter by having the export bus in craft mode pointing right back into an interface though, which is a handy workaround if a bit expensive on materials)

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Unless they have changed it this is a poor option. Export busses will export as much of they can of the 1st item before even trying the 2nd item. That means for any recipe with multiple components (say MMI) it is going to keep stacks of 64 of each item besides the last in the rolling machine. Interfaces really are the way to go. Export busses and level emitters work great in some cases so you dont have to wait for craft times, but in this case there are some pretty huge downsides. (you could get the upswing of the export bus/level emitter by having the export bus in craft mode pointing right back into an interface though, which is a handy workaround if a bit expensive on materials)
I have 2100 tungsten, 3800 aluminum, and 21k copper and 15k tin (for one type of brass/bronze) and 1787 Zinc for the other type of brass. I tend to not worry about waste unless it is Iridium, and that is getting cheaper with each Ultimate Hybrid I get put up. (Uranium is the long pole nearly now, I need more of them bees.)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question: How intuitive about using tools is the crafting network?

Say, the recipes using the quartz knife in it, will it use quartz knives of any damage, or only use undamaged ones? Just for example, but this could also apply to minium stones too

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
Question: How intuitive about using tools is the crafting network?

Say, the recipes using the quartz knife in it, will it use quartz knives of any damage, or only use undamaged ones? Just for example, but this could also apply to minium stones too
AE is way smarter than even I am with crafting. If it sees that you ran out of oak planks it'll use spruce if you've got it. It keeps track of durability just fine.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo, anyone able to get the ME Interface to work with a Rolling Machine?

Rolling machines pull from an adjacent chest as long as you have the machine primed with the recipe. I just have my me interface onto the chest so it drops the correct amount of items in there.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
Rolling machines pull from an adjacent chest as long as you have the machine primed with the recipe. I just have my me interface onto the chest so it drops the correct amount of items in there.
If the recipe is primed in the rolling machine you don't need to use the chest, the Interface is smart enough to evenly distribute the materials to all available slots. I use vacuum-hardened tungsteel ingots and other high end ingots in my rolling machine to make mixed metals. My interface just sits on top of the rolling machine. Remember to put an input bus on the side of the rolling machine regardless so you can get the rolled whatevers into your system automatically.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
If the recipe is primed in the rolling machine you don't need to use the chest, the Interface is smart enough to evenly distribute the materials to all available slots. I use vacuum-hardened tungsteel ingots and other high end ingots in my rolling machine to make mixed metals. My interface just sits on top of the rolling machine. Remember to put an input bus on the side of the rolling machine regardless so you can get the rolled whatevers into your system automatically.

Cool, thought I'd tried that when I set it up but must have had something wrong as it didn't evenly distribute for me, so went with the chest method. I'll get rid of the chest :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, thought I'd tried that when I set it up but must have had something wrong as it didn't evenly distribute for me, so went with the chest method. I'll get rid of the chest :)
Perhaps use the interface to stock 3 of each type of ingot rather than inputting in?
But then you'd have to have a shut off of some sort

EDIT: Disproved by later posts.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
The problem may be that you're telling the interface to stock an amount of items. What you need to do is take one of the ME blank patterns and format it to look like the recipe you want. Be sure to put your output item in the output slot when formatting. Then simply shift click the pattern into your interface.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the thread is asking about storage, so...

Really, my favorite thing about AE is that you can access your network from wherever you decide to put down an access terminal (or is in range of a wireless access point). I haven't finished my system yet, but I plan to have an enormous network with access in every room of my base. All in all that will probably mean hundreds of cables and dozens of blocks, but that's not what was asked. The storage part of my network (which is complete) consists of 2 Drives (I'm future-proofing my system) and 3 Deep Storage Units.
If you want to autocracy any complicated items with it, make sure the entire network is chunkloaded. Any update to the network clears the crafting queue, and as far as I can tell that includes chunks unloading. Certainly when I put in a long cable to a remote location, it stopped being able to craft large items reliably.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Put one set of the resources into the rolling machine first. Then set the Interface on top, and format the blank to the correct input and output. Plug and play!
Awesome, that's the problem i was having... i did not prime the rolling machine with the first set of resources it needed.
I will probably set up 2 or 3 rolling machines with my most used recipe patterns.

Love. This. Mod.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten