Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Searing-Tea

Jul 29, 2019
Don't even jo... Whuaaah?!

They are too! Flippin cold turkey! What.. is .. I.. don't even

Oh

Today I have learned an important piece of information.

ChickenBones chunkloaders can be turned off via a redstone signal.

*facepalm*
So thats why I kept getting wierd chunk resets with my frame tunnel boor where my chunkloader was next to a pulsing redstone tube.

Reactions: dlord

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
Never be afraid of being stuck in a Mystcraft age again :p

did you ever try crafting a mystcraft linking book in an auto crafter? would it link to the place where the player is, or where the autocrafting-system is.

would be neat, if the player can request linking books that link to a certain spot in the base... in the case, that the player really forgot creating one.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
did you ever try crafting a mystcraft linking book in an auto crafter? would it link to the place where the player is, or where the autocrafting-system is.

would be neat, if the player can request linking books that link to a certain spot in the base... in the case, that the player really forgot creating one.
No, linking books will link to where the player held them first, not to where they were crafted. Direwolf20 tried the same trick in his Season 4(?) Let's Play.

sadris

Jul 29, 2019
Another really cool thing you can do with AE involves using Logistics Pipes remote request pipe, a LP remote requester, an ender chest, and an ender Pouch to access your entire ME network from anywhere / any dimension at any time, as long as you have the pouch and the requester tool. The ME interface, when connected to a LP provider pipe, will expose your ME network to your LP network (and your remote request tool). Then you can use your unlimited in range / dimension tool to pull an item from ME to LP and have it sent to the ender chest for remote retrieval. (Similarly, item tesseracts can be used as a ME -> LP -> Tesseract -> distant LP -> distant ME bridge)

Basically: ME network -> Me interface -> LP provider pipe -> LP remote request pipe (linked to your request tool) -> ender chest (linked to your ender pouch). Done (I assume you need the ME network chunks to be loaded, but I have no idea).

Never be afraid of being stuck in a Mystcraft age again :p

What is a "LP Remote Requester"? I've never heard of that item before.

trimagnus

Jul 29, 2019
What is a "LP Remote Requester"? I've never heard of that item before.
A thousand apologies, I meant the Remote Orderer from Logistics Pipes (LP for Logistics Pipes, but you probably figured that out). A bit of a flub.

That would be neat! As someone else said, I don't think it works. But, once you have enough spare books, just reserve some space on your network for a bunch of linking books and you should be golden. Assuming you don't die horribly and lose your orderer / pouch. Then, well... cheat time!

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
30 day necro approved! ;)

Um, so I have good sized AE system going, but zero auto-crafting at this point. It currently uses input and output buses to process ores and such from my quarries. I'd like to switch over to using a Molecular Assembler Chamber, but I need some guidance if you'd all like to help :)

- How big is Big Enough for a moderate miner such as myself? I was thinking of going with a 6x6x6; does it have to be a cube or can it be taller/shorter/rectangular?
- I think this will require 32 framework blocks, 64 vents, and 64 internal blocks... is this just overkill?
- Assuming half the internals are pattern blocks, that's 32x54 patterns (1600+), right? That just seems like a ridiculously huge number of patterns... is it?
- As for CPUs... are more than 3 or 4 or 8 worth bothering with?

I have the materials do make this 6x6x6 MAC (I've already made the frame and vent blocks), but I'm really starting to doubt I will need so much internal space, and power consumption is starting to worry me. Thoughts?

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 5x5x5 in my base, and i've got recipes only filling up one and a half pages. This is with gregtech installed, and I'm using the MAC to assemble complex gregtech machines completely automatically, like ultimate hybrid solar panels, and AESU's. I would say your 6x6x6 is definitely sufficient for your needs, I'd probably make by with just a 4x4x4 using 4 cpu's and 4 recipe holders.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
4 pattern encoders is probably way more than you will need, and 4 cpus will give you very speedy crafting. I personally went with a 5 CPU 3 pattern split and figured I would change to a pattern if I needed (or expand it later, which is easy as long as you leave room, the patterns will stay in as long as you do not break the actual pattern blocks.) I eventually got to 2.5 full pattern blocks, but the rate at which I was adding to it slowed down a lot. I highly doubt you would ever need more than 4. From what I remember you can indeed make rectangles.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I went with the 4x4 as shown on the wiki with 4 pattern/4 cpus and have no complaints, I'm somewhere in page 3 of the available pattern space.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
a picture paints....

page.jpg

Reactions: AlanEsh

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, that all helps greatly.

I wonder if power usage is based solely on the number of internal blocks (CPU and Pattern), or if it also costs power for the vents and frame.[DOUBLEPOST=1367437973][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have a tour of mine in this video:
Nice video, thanks... I have read the wiki for AE and must have missed the part about using a wrench to set priorities. Is that somehting you can set on all AE storage and sorting blocks? (disk arrays, drives, input buses, export buses, etc?)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, sorry, one more functionality question...

So let's say I get this MAC built and want to set up some recipes in it; what else is needed to make, for example, insulated copper cable? Here's my guess, please tell me if I'm on track:
- Recipe to turn Copper Ore into Copper Ingots
- Recipe to turn Resin to Rubber
- Recipe to turn copper and rubber into Insulated Copper Cable
- an ME Interface block sitting on a Pulverizer (for copper)
- an ME Interface block sitting on an Extractor (for rubber)

Is that it? Does it need the ME Crafting terminal already attached to the system, or does the MAC do the actual "crafting" involved in, for example, my last step to assemble the cables?

Thanks!

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, that all helps greatly.

I wonder if power usage is based solely on the number of internal blocks (CPU and Pattern), or if it also costs power for the vents and frame.[DOUBLEPOST=1367437973][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice video, thanks... I have read the wiki for AE and must have missed the part about using a wrench to set priorities. Is that somehting you can set on all AE storage and sorting blocks? (disk arrays, drives, input buses, export buses, etc?)
No priority:
Import buses cannot have a priority, it makes no sense.
Export buses do not have a priority, they just push out from storage.
ME Interface blocks don't have one either.
Yes priority:
Disk Arrays have the priority set for the entire block, not per disk
Storage Buses have a priority.
ME Chests can have a priority.

You have to dig around a bit to find it, but http://ae-mod.info/Miscellaneous-Tips/ is the page that talks about setting priorities.

IMarv

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Yes priority:
Disk Arrays have the priority set for the entire block, not per disk

It's worth noting though that disks within a drive are set to top to bottom order when the system is set to priority as its actually priority/cell order[DOUBLEPOST=1367444563][/DOUBLEPOST]

So let's say I get this MAC built and want to set up some recipes in it; what else is needed to make, for example, insulated copper cable? Here's my guess, please tell me if I'm on track:

Is that it? Does it need the ME Crafting terminal already attached to the system, or does the MAC do the actual "crafting" involved in, for example, my last step to assemble the cables?

Thanks!

Yes, if you want to store resin and copper ore instead of processing it ready via export buses.

You'd want 1 craft pattern in the MAC for the copper cable
1 craft pattern in the extractor interface for the rubber
1 craft pattern in the pulveriser interface for the copper (I'm presuming your pulv feeds into your furnace)

I've done a ME tutorial at a request from some viewers if you'd like a link let me know :)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
It's worth noting though that disks within a drive are set to top to bottom order when the system is set to priority as its actually priority/cell order[DOUBLEPOST=1367444563][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes, if you want to store resin and copper ore instead of processing it ready via export buses.

You'd want 1 craft pattern in the MAC for the copper cable
1 craft pattern in the extractor interface for the rubber
1 craft pattern in the pulveriser interface for the copper (I'm presuming your pulv feeds into your furnace)

I've done a ME tutorial at a request from some viewers if you'd like a link let me know :)
Waaaait... so the MAC can put together processed bits, but Interfaces need their own patterns installed to process the bits for the MAC?

Yes, please, regarding access to your tutorial :)

(for the record, I've watched Direwolf's AE video a couple of times... but i'm still a bit fuzzy on the MAC and other more advanced parts of the process.)

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!

1) Don't bother storing [copper] ore, send it to your grinding system of choice straight away.
2) Don't bother storing [copper] dust, send it to your cooking thing of choice straight away.

3) Here is where I haven't even tried to get very far with AE's crafting system. I try to just always have some of stuff in the system.
a) For processing machines, I put an export bus with a level emitter to detect when I'm low/out of something. IE the emitter sends a signal to the exporter when product Y is below a threshold. The exporter exports into an enderchest that feeds the machine resource X that will be consumed to make Y. (Import bus that gets any results.)
b) For crafting table stuff, I use a Xycraft fabricator sitting next to an Interface bus set with the products needed to make the thing. A Level emitter on top of the table set to emit when the thing goes below a minimum (and the table set to craft when it has a signal.) and an import bus to pull out the result.

IMarv

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
My examples of ores >> ingots was just to see if I understood how the different pieces could work. I actually process all of my ores from the quarry into ingots... so it was just academic. I might adopt your idea of using level emitters to keep a certain number of ingots and other items in stock since that is more space efficient than what I am doing at the moment.

I spent a couple hours on MAC/Interface patterns tonight; I figured out how to make "fake" recipes to put in an ME Interface attached to machines like Powered and Induction Furnaces -- very cool stuff. My MAC now has recipes for about 80 items from sticks and stairs to the largest of ME storage disks, hardened glass, basic/advanced processors, and more.

I'm very impressed with the auto crafting in this mod and I can't wait to get hold of newer versions of it!