Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to automate bauxite. The export bus will place bauxite in the electrolyzer. But how do I get empty cells in there?

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
How intuitive is AE autocrafting with respect to different types of ores?

E.g., pulverized copper results in different ingots from macerated copper. If I have a recipe that I entered using one type of copper, will it use either type of copper or just the first type of copper?

The reason I ask is because, to start with, we pulverized all our ores. Now that we have plenty of materials I'd like to either macerate or grind them. But I'm just wondering if that will have a negative effect on recipes.

Same question with the two different types of rubber. Will it substitute MFR rubber bars from the rubber from the tree tap rubber?

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
How intuitive is AE autocrafting with respect to different types of ores?

E.g., pulverized copper results in different ingots from macerated copper. If I have a recipe that I entered using one type of copper, will it use either type of copper or just the first type of copper?

The reason I ask is because, to start with, we pulverized all our ores. Now that we have plenty of materials I'd like to either macerate or grind them. But I'm just wondering if that will have a negative effect on recipes.

Same question with the two different types of rubber. Will it substitute MFR rubber bars from the rubber from the tree tap rubber?

It is smart and uses substitute-able components when crafting. I've yet to run into an issue that's caused by that.

However, it will prioritize the use of the item used in its recipe.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It is smart and uses substitute-able components when crafting. I've yet to run into an issue that's caused by that.
I think there's an issue with craft chains though. Lets say you want a chest, and your chest pattern has Oak Wood Planks, but you have none. You have a recipe that makes Oak Wood Planks from Oak Wood, but also you have no Oak Wood. You have Spruce Wood, but although it is smart enough to know that Spruce Wood Planks can be used to make chests, it isn't smart enough to deduce that Spruce Wood can be used to source them. And even if it did know that Spruce Wood could be made into Spruce Wood Planks, it doesn't because it thinks it needs to make Oak Wood Planks. It gets stuck at the first dead-end and won't backtrack and explore other routes.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's an issue with craft chains though. Lets say you want a chest, and your chest pattern has Oak Wood Planks, but you have none. You have a recipe that makes Oak Wood Planks from Oak Wood, but also you have no Oak Wood. You have Spruce Wood, but although it is smart enough to know that Spruce Wood Planks can be used to make chests, it isn't smart enough to deduce that Spruce Wood can be used to source them. And even if it did know that Spruce Wood could be made into Spruce Wood Planks, it doesn't because it thinks it needs to make Oak Wood Planks. It gets stuck at the first dead-end and won't backtrack and explore other routes.
Interesting. I guess the way I store most of my items I never ran into that problem, but I could see that being a concern. I'd do a test but I'm at a conference and don't have access to my desktop.