Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
The tesseracts aren't necessary are they? I should be able to do the same thing with the Interface set directly on top of my Transposer, right?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
The tesseracts aren't necessary are they? I should be able to do the same thing with the Interface set directly on top of my Transposer, right?

No they are not required. I mentioned that above the image. Replace the tesseracts with an interface that has the empty bucket = full bucket recipe.

I just use tesseracts/ender chests so my AE system isn't spread all over the place.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019

I would go with a 2 interface solution, no import bus. Use TE's ability to push items out of its devices to push into an 'import' interface rather than using an import bus to suck items out. Import buses use more power and resources than interfaces, so they should never be used with TE devices (or any device that can push things out themselves). The solution posted using ender chests is another great option since then you can have many different TE devices shove into the same ender chest color and use a single import bus for the whole lot.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I would go with a 2 interface solution, no import bus. Use TE's ability to push items out of its devices to push into an 'import' interface rather than using an import bus to suck items out. Import buses use more power and resources than interfaces, so they should never be used with TE devices (or any device that can push things out themselves). The solution posted using ender chests is another great option since then you can have many different TE devices shove into the same ender chest color and use a single import bus for the whole lot.

Can tesseracts push into an interface?
Because then if you replaced the ender chest with item tesseracts, and the TE machines pushing into that, then it would mean that you could have a whole bunch of them feeding into the interface. Thus reducing energy even further (But not sure if it would matter at that level)

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Can tesseracts push into an interface?
Because then if you replaced the ender chest with item tesseracts, and the TE machines pushing into that, then it would mean that you could have a whole bunch of them feeding into the interface. Thus reducing energy even further (But not sure if it would matter at that level)

Tesseracts should work fine with interfaces.

I wasn't sure if there was an energy saving importing from an ender chest vs an item being placed in an interface through a tesseract or other means. It became a non issue when some machines did not detect tesseracts as an inventory for their auto output. Since i needed a enderchest + 1 import bus for those machines I thought I might as well use that same enderchest/import for everything.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
No they are not required. I mentioned that above the image. Replace the tesseracts with an interface that has the empty bucket = full bucket recipe.
I don't know what drug combo i was experimenting with prior, but this works for me now. I think the only difference is that I moved the Interface from the top of the Liquid Transposer to the side. But with TE's config options, that shouldn't matter. Ah well, thanks for the help :)
I would go with a 2 interface solution, no import bus. Use TE's ability to push items out of its devices to push into an 'import' interface rather than using an import bus to suck items out.
I like this idea; I can simplify several of my processing machine arrangements if I make this change. But when you say "import" Interface, you don't mean anything beyond "an Interface placed such that TE machines output in its direction" right? There's no special setup to make it Import is there?

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea; I can simplify several of my processing machine arrangements if I make this change. But when you say "import" Interface, you don't mean anything beyond "an Interface placed such that TE machines output in its direction" right? There's no special setup to make it Import is there?

Correct. Interfaces act as an inventory (top right box) that keeps anything on the top left stocked (anecdote: nice feature is that it will do crafting jobs for these things if necessary automatically). Anything that is not supposed to be there automatically gets sucked into the storage network (instantly).

Reactions: AlanEsh

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Correct. Interfaces act as an inventory (top right box) that keeps anything on the top left stocked (anecdote: nice feature is that it will do crafting jobs for these things if necessary automatically). Anything that is not supposed to be there automatically gets sucked into the storage network (instantly).

Yup. In my base I have a single item tesseract that connects to a buildcraft diamond pipe that connects to an ME interface. The diamond pipe filters out cobble, dirt, gravel, etc. which gets stored in an upgraded barrel (connected to the AE system through a storage interface thingy) and everything else is fed into the ME interface.

This way I can set up item tesseracts everywhere that allow me to dump stuff into my storage system. Doesn't matter if it's a a bunch of quarries, my farms, or just a tesseract with a hopper (hoppers feed into tesseracts just fine) on top that allows me to dump random stuff in. It's a lot more convenient than setting op cobble voidpipes at the quarry site.

Reactions: AlanEsh

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. In my base I have a single item tesseract that connects to a buildcraft diamond pipe that connects to an ME interface. The diamond pipe filters out cobble, dirt, gravel, etc. which gets stored in an upgraded barrel (connected to the AE system through a storage interface thingy) and everything else is fed into the ME interface.
I do this.
This way I can set up item tesseracts everywhere that allow me to dump stuff into my storage system. Doesn't matter if it's a a bunch of quarries, my farms, or just a tesseract with a hopper (hoppers feed into tesseracts just fine) on top that allows me to dump random stuff in....
But I had not considered doing this. I am terribly bad at seeing the forest with all those trees in the way. Looks like I have a lot of efficiency improvements to make with my entire base :)

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
that's viewing glass with water behind it... its in a giant sphere in a quarry hole in the ocean.[DOUBLEPOST=1368080871][/DOUBLEPOST]this is what it looks like without the texture pack
2013-05-08_23.26.28.png

Petrus

Jul 29, 2019
Really, my favorite thing about AE is that you can access your network from wherever you decide to put down an access terminal (or is in range of a wireless access point).

Question:- Is it possible to create networks of wireless access points?

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
Question:- Is it possible to create networks of wireless access points?

I don't believe so. Wireless Access Point blocks have to be physically connected to the network, and the only things that connect wirelessly to them are the Wireless Access Terminals, not other access points.

Petrus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe so. Wireless Access Point blocks have to be physically connected to the network, and the only things that connect wirelessly to them are the Wireless Access Terminals, not other access points.

Ah. That would have been awesome; but oh well. Imbalanced, yes; but most awesome things are, in my experience. ;)

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Don't see how it would have been imbalanced. Damn useful is what it is. First thing I'm going to do when the latest version of MiscPeripherals makes it into the Ultimate pack is build myself a remote item request system.

Logistics pipes making it in would be even better. Out of interest, why isn't it in the pack ATM?