Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nebuchadnezzar

Jul 29, 2019
Here are the system I am planing to build. The first two images are my storage facility, most items are being stored in barrels, and larger quantities in drives. Simply because it looks good, now this is only the storage room. I will rarely be in this room and crafting, processing and so forth is done elsewhere. My goal is to have about 16 of these islands.

MEstorage.png

MEstorage2.png

This is my ore processing unit, it is able to smelt a stack of silver in just short of 16 seconds. Contains about 40 induction smelters, 1 AE system, and 7 routers! The idea is that my ores are all preformated in disks, any more will be stored in storage chests beneath the routers. Then a seperate AE system will pull the items from the chest and into the system.
Meaning I have 3 obsidian chests for overflow. 3 routers are for sand, 3 for filling items and 1 export. This is because they are all set to send single items, so all of my furnaces are treated equally.
The level emitters turn of sand production when rich slag is above a stack, then it uses rich slag instead. What I do like about this system is not dedicating a furnace for each ore, and I only have to specify the ores in the storage chests.

Also the system cuts the power to the smelting and the seperate AE system 60 seconds after the last items has pased the overflow chests. (The red wire in the corner)

MEstorage3.png

View attachment 4008

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Question: How intuitive about using tools is the crafting network?

Say, the recipes using the quartz knife in it, will it use quartz knives of any damage, or only use undamaged ones? Just for example, but this could also apply to minium stones too

In 1.4 it would use any one. In 1.5 I believe some of the damage value detection was upgraded, but I am not sure if it applies in this situation since I have not tried 1.5 yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1367584842][/DOUBLEPOST]
If the recipe is primed in the rolling machine you don't need to use the chest, the Interface is smart enough to evenly distribute the materials to all available slots. I use vacuum-hardened tungsteel ingots and other high end ingots in my rolling machine to make mixed metals. My interface just sits on top of the rolling machine. Remember to put an input bus on the side of the rolling machine regardless so you can get the rolled whatevers into your system automatically.

The chest method would let you get multiple rolling machines per interface. If you are tight on quartz or power it still might be the better option.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, it's me again!
So i've managed to cluster 3 recipe-primed rolling machines around one ME Interface which stores my most used patterns. Thanks for the help on that!

Next up: Automating Liquid Transposers with AE!
I want to start with something very simple (seems simple anyway); I'd like to keep a few filled buckets of water in my AE network. I am imagining something like this:
- Dedicated Liquid Transposer with an aqueous accumulator below it supplying water.
- Level Emitter set up to feed empty buckets into the Liquid Transposer when the level of filled water buckets in the network drops below X.
- Import Bus to pull filled buckets into the network.

I started down the ME Interface path, but I got stuck on exactly how that would work. Do you guys think the above plan will work, and is there some different AE method that you've made work with liquid transposers?

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, it's me again!
So i've managed to cluster 3 recipe-primed rolling machines around one ME Interface which stores my most used patterns. Thanks for the help on that!

Next up: Automating Liquid Transposers with AE!
I want to start with something very simple (seems simple anyway); I'd like to keep a few filled buckets of water in my AE network. I am imagining something like this:
- Dedicated Liquid Transposer with an aqueous accumulator below it supplying water.
- Level Emitter set up to feed empty buckets into the Liquid Transposer when the level of filled water buckets in the network drops below X.
- Import Bus to pull filled buckets into the network.

I started down the ME Interface path, but I got stuck on exactly how that would work. Do you guys think the above plan will work, and is there some different AE method that you've made work with liquid transposers?

You could make your life simpler by using Xycraft tanks filled with water using Xychorium Water, then have your AE network interact with the tank using 2 Item IO's (one for the ME interface, the other for pulling out the bucket via an import bus).

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I use this method to keep my industrial grinders full of water cells.

export bus on transposer set to put cells in (or buckets in your case)
import bus set to pull anything out
level emitter facing the transposer (you could face it toward the export bus too) set to turn on when x cells are in the network.
transposer (or export bus) set to operate when no redstone signal is present.

I covered this in my let's play but forget which episode it was.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
You could make your life simpler by using Xycraft tanks filled with water using Xychorium Water, then have your AE network interact with the tank using 2 Item IO's (one for the ME interface, the other for pulling out the bucket via an import bus).
Do Xy tanks have a bucket/container slot or something? Otherwise I don't see how this is simpler.[DOUBLEPOST=1367851767][/DOUBLEPOST]
level emitter facing the transposer (you could face it toward the export bus too) set to turn on when x cells are in the network.

OK that's pretty much what I was planning, thanks.
I'll have to look you up on youtube!

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
This is my current setup for autocrafting water buckets and water cells:

FBw5583.png

I have 2 Item IO ports: the input port is blue, the output port is orange. The input port can accept empty buckets or an empty cell.

This is the contents of that ME Interface:

iavuj7t.png

And there you have it.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019

You can pump water directly into the bottom of the grinder without using cells :3

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
You can pump water directly into the bottom of the grinder without using cells :3

yeah, I found that out later, but still think cells is a tidier solution than plumbing liquiducts to the 4 faces of my grinder casings, plus would still need mercury cells or have the extra task of liquid mercury storage.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I found that out later, but still think cells is a tidier solution than plumbing liquiducts to the 4 faces of my grinder casings, plus would still need mercury cells or have the extra task of liquid mercury storage.
The grinder does not accept liquid mercury (at least in 1.0.1 Ultimate). But if you pump water in with liquiducts/pipes and insert mercury cells, the grinder will use the best of either for whatever it is grinding.

IMarv

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
The grinder does not accept liquid mercury (at least in 1.0.1 Ultimate). But if you pump water in with liquiducts/pipes and insert mercury cells, the grinder will use the best of either for whatever it is grinding.

IMarv

That's good to know thanks for sharing.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
This is my current setup for autocrafting water buckets and water cells:
I have 2 Item IO ports: the input port is blue, the output port is orange. The input port can accept empty buckets or an empty cell
Unfortunately my main server had some xycraft tank issues that were causing crashing, so they aren't allowed and thus I can't make use of this solution.

Yesterday I watched a video where a guy showed off his AE setup; he had his Liquid Transposer set up with an ME Interface on top and an Export bus on the side. That's it... and I cannot figure out how he got that to work. He said it fills buckets for him, but I put in a Bucket >> Water Bucket pattern to no avail.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately my main server had some xycraft tank issues that were causing crashing, so they aren't allowed and thus I can't make use of this solution.

Yesterday I watched a video where a guy showed off his AE setup; he had his Liquid Transposer set up with an ME Interface on top and an Export bus on the side. That's it... and I cannot figure out how he got that to work. He said it fills buckets for him, but I put in a Bucket >> Water Bucket pattern to no avail.
He probably just has the export bus pushing empty buckets into the transposer. The liquid transposer then pushes the filled bucket up into the Interface which puts it into the system. Put a Level Emitter on the liquid transposer and set it to react to redstone signals. Keep a modest supply in the system instead of crafting them as needed and they'll be replaced.

IMarv

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
He probably just has the export bus pushing empty buckets into the transposer. The liquid transposer then pushes the filled bucket up into the Interface which puts it into the system. Put a Level Emitter on the liquid transposer and set it to react to redstone signals. Keep a modest supply in the system instead of crafting them as needed and they'll be replaced.
IMarv
My apologies... I was in a hurry and completely misrepresented his setup. The actual setup was:

ME Interface on top
Liquid Transposer -- IMPORT Bus on the side (pulls filled buckets into the network)
Water Suppy connected to bottom

He didn't describe the pattern he used or anything else, unfortunately.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies... I was in a hurry and completely misrepresented his setup. The actual setup was:

ME Interface on top
Liquid Transposer -- IMPORT Bus on the side (pulls filled buckets into the network)
Water Suppy connected to bottom

He didn't describe the pattern he used or anything else, unfortunately.

The pattern is just like a smelting pattern. Empty Buck = Full Bucket.

Example:
ZQFYnwU.jpg

Input for buckets on the left from item tesseract (could be interface directly). Output to enderchest on right (could be import bus).
cMBMTHd.png

Tesseract connected to interface
NF1uiiw.jpg

Pattern in tesseract
ds3lWUb.png

Tesseract detail:
SkijW4J.png

I use the same model to fill redstone energy frames/conduits and tesseract frames. Guess I could add bucket recipes if I wanted to see liquid redstone/ender pearls (i'm on 1.5).