Applied Energistic Storage Room!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
Not fixed. Linking to dropbox like that will just take people to their dropboxes, not yours. Right-click your photo folder in the web UI and click "share link" to get the public link.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I am just changing my whole Storage, Sorting and Processing Systems to AE and i am really excited!

I have a little Server room with ME Drives and 1k Storage Thingys. But of course, Quartz is very rare and i am not very far^^

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9029/20130327175723.png

The Design of this room is from this Thread. I loved it so i tried to copy it, but i have no resources and not many space :p
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/lets-see-some-bases-give-us-a-tour.5793/page-20#post-181428

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to use the io port to convert data from 1 storage cell to a bigger storage cell? So far i'm using 1k storage cell and I will know i will need to upgrade to 4k soon but I really don't want to everything individual at a time

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to use the io port to convert data from 1 storage cell to a bigger storage cell? So far i'm using 1k storage cell and I will know i will need to upgrade to 4k soon but I really don't want to everything individual at a time

You can transfer the data from one cell to another for temporary holding easily enough, but you won't be able to use your existing drive in the upgrade recipe and have it preserve your data.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
You can transfer the data from one cell to another for temporary holding easily enough, but you won't be able to use your existing drive in the upgrade recipe and have it preserve your data.
What do you mean by "but you won't be able to use your existing drive in the upgrade recipe and have it preserve your data." and How can i transfer the data lol?

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by "but you won't be able to use your existing drive in the upgrade recipe and have it preserve your data." and How can i transfer the data lol?

The easiest way is likely to make a few larger cells first, put them into your network, then take a few of the smaller cells out and use an IO port to drain them into the new cells. From there hold the old (now empty) cell in your hand and shift+right click. This will split the storage cell into the "core" and the housing. you can use the core to create the higher tier core, and craft it back together with the housing to make the new, better, cell.

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
That is so much overkill... I LIKE IT! :)
like i said its in creative and purely for fun :D :D i would do it in survival but that would take sooooo much time and im planning on 3 floors of "servers" 1 floor for the multiblock crafting thing (i dont know the proper name of the top of my head) and then a floor of the displays for each material (hopefully) and then various floors of offices and prolly a pent house at very top

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a max size of that autocrafting-thing? (and does it have to be the same height as width?)

thx

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a max size of that autocrafting-thing? (and does it have to be the same height as width?)

thx
Last I heard it's 16x16x16. Don't know for sure though.

Building a 8x cpu was bad enough to be honest, wasted nearly 10 stacks of quartz on that thing. Almost four stacks of diamonds as well.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard it's 16x16x16. Don't know for sure though.

Building a 8x cpu was bad enough to be honest, wasted nearly 10 stacks of quartz on that thing. Almost four stacks of diamonds as well.
The best part is how you haven't even plugged it into anything yet.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I created a 16x16x16 MAC in creative and it's power consumption was just jaw dropping, something like 2,300 units/t

I'm currently filling up my 2nd page of the MAC with most commonly used recipes and those hard to make ones. It's taking over though, atm AE is running all my farms and power production (2 full height boilers and biomass/oil/fuel production). I just hope it doesn't start making machines on it's own or you'll see me running off into the distance....

Reactions: netmc and kilteroff

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I created a 16x16x16 MAC in creative and it's power consumption was just jaw dropping, something like 2,300 units/t

I'm currently filling up my 2nd page of the MAC with most commonly used recipes and those hard to make ones. It's taking over though, atm AE is running all my farms and power production (2 full height boilers and biomass/oil/fuel production). I just hope it doesn't start making machines on it's own or you'll see me running off into the distance....
Holy shit! And I thought Poppy and I were bad...

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not doing any optimizing with factorization routers, but i've got my industrial grinder automated, quarry input automated, tiny dusts automated using a packager cluster, industrial electrolyzers and centrifuges automated, and auto melting of netherrak-lava-centrifuge system. Oh, and a rich slag maker with nether ores which then uses the rich slag with nether ruby ore and nether uranium ore. My next project is automating the industrial blast furnace, which should be easy peasy. I only use two ME drives, filled with 64k disks, and one spare disk that holds all my sand. Protip: Water can be pumped directly into the industrial grinder. Who knew?!?