Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Did you, by chance, select "start new world"? In that case, don't do that, just load the "Home" map.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Depends on whether it's your server I guess.

Anyway, I'm still missing four Bragging Rights quests that refuse to unlock. I don't have "Crazy Automation" completed but I know it doesn't unlock anything. Completion rate is at 70% which means at 6% per quest and one known quest uncompleted, there are four invisible quests left.

I have completed:
*Thermal Expansion
*Minefactory Reloaded
*McAurey's
*Vanilla Lover
*Bee Domination
*Applied Energistics
*Interior Decorator
*Blood Magic Adept
*Cobblegen Madness
*Armorsmith
*Thaumcraft
*Passive Slaughterer

Does anyone know what I'm missing? Apparently there's some quest named "Open Sesame" and another named "Mob War", but I've only seen them referenced once, and don't know how to unlock them. That leaves two more unknown ones.

Last edited:

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
I already used around 100 buckets of seed oil, so around 100 failures so far. And yes it's covered on snow-cover-thing, with some flowers, on a taiga biome and yet it still fails. Wonder if it's because taiga is only -25% temperature, when the FTB wiki suggests frozen biomes which would be -50%. If is the biome then i will have to admin spawn, since AS don't have anything colder than Taigas, as far as i could see.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Good evening! I just started playing yesterday (the Beginner's Map actually) and I think it's interesting. I have some food, I have some resources, trying to make due really. Thing is, I'm not accustomed to all these mods, there are a bunch that I've never played.

So, apart of what the quests require, what items can I craft in order to make my life a bit easier?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Just got into ME Liquid storage. Question: If I preformat all my liquid storage, is there any need for a liquid overflow/void?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Good evening! I just started playing yesterday (the Beginner's Map actually) and I think it's interesting. I have some food, I have some resources, trying to make due really. Thing is, I'm not accustomed to all these mods, there are a bunch that I've never played.

So, apart of what the quests require, what items can I craft in order to make my life a bit easier?

You don't need to worry about 'ZOMG so many mods' when you start. Just follow along with the quest book and google 'Agrarian Skies Protips and Tricks' for some time-saving pointers.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Just got into ME Liquid storage. Question: If I preformat all my liquid storage, is there any need for a liquid overflow/void?
You don't, but I recommend to set your fluid interface to export something useful into the direction where your fluids come in before something overflows, else the export slot will get filled by random overflow and you'll never be able to export something useful there again. I have set it to water since the OpenBlocks sprinklers watering my farms are supplied with water from my ME network.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
You don't, but I recommend to set your fluid interface to export something useful into the direction where your fluids come in before something overflows, else the export slot will get filled by random overflow and you'll never be able to export something useful there again. I have set it to water since the OpenBlocks sprinklers watering my farms are supplied with water from my ME network.

I believe I understand your suggestion. I haven't made/used the fluid interfaces yet [just found out they existed]. I'm working with the import buses provided as quest rewards so far.

BTW: Mob Essence from Essence berries [ala this setup] works pretty good...if you don't mind the phantom looting wherever you go

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I believe I understand your suggestion. I haven't made/used the fluid interfaces yet [just found out they existed]. I'm working with the import buses provided as quest rewards so far.

BTW: Mob Essence from Essence berries [ala this setup] works pretty good...if you don't mind the phantom looting wherever you go
OK, you never need to worry about overflow (except at the source) if you use import buses and only formatted storage modules. That mob essence/XP setup is rather impressive in its simplicity and efficiency, but I have a few kilobuckets of the stuff, more than I know what to do with actually. It may be an option once I decide to shut down my mob farm. As for the XP, what are you using it for? I've found very limited use for it in this pack. Basically only Infusion Enchantments and copying enchanted books, which I didn't need to do since I got so many good enchantments as quest rewards.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
OK, you never need to worry about overflow (except at the source) if you use import buses and only formatted storage modules. That mob essence/XP setup is rather impressive in its simplicity and efficiency, but I have a few kilobuckets of the stuff, more than I know what to do with actually. It may be an option once I decide to shut down my mob farm. As for the XP, what are you using it for? I've found very limited use for it in this pack. Basically only Infusion Enchantments and copying enchanted books, which I didn't need to do since I got so many good enchantments as quest rewards.

XP Use: What you described...and repairing the Diamond hammer until I setup shard automation. I like the idea of this for mob juice generation more than the actual implementation [I'm sure it'll be nerf'd in 1.7]. It's much easier to setup than multiple sewers and a weaponized AA with the AutoSpawner. The phantom looting is starting to get annoying :rolleyes:.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
XP Use: What you described...and repairing the Diamond hammer until I setup shard automation. I like the idea of this for mob juice generation more than the actual implementation [I'm sure it'll be nerf'd in 1.7]. It's much easier to setup than multiple sewers and a weaponized AA with the AutoSpawner. The phantom looting is starting to get annoying :rolleyes:.
You do know that you don't need a diamond hammer to hammer obsidian for shards? A stone hammer will work just as well, it only needs more time. When I need shards I just put some of the blocks needed into the auto-hammering AA of my auto-sifting setup.

I don't know the expression "phantom looting". What does it refer to?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
You do know that you don't need a diamond hammer to hammer obsidian for shards? A stone hammer will work just as well, it only needs more time. When I need shards I just put some of the blocks needed into the auto-hammering AA of my auto-sifting setup.

I don't know the expression "phantom looting". What does it refer to?

I know about the hammers and shard drops. I just haven't set that up yet. Thanks 4 the infos anyway!

If/when you setup that mob juice from berries system, the AA 'eats' the berries, turning them into XP orbs [which the sewer sucks up]. This happens almost instantaneously. But the game still wants to give you the harvested berries [no matter how far away from the AA you may be]. I keep seeing ghost image berries speeding towards me, the 'you just picked up loot' sound is always going, as well as the new loot indicator [bottom-right of screen]. But I'm not actually getting anything.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019

Anyway, I'm still missing four Bragging Rights quests that refuse to unlock. I don't have "Crazy Automation" completed but I know it doesn't unlock anything. Completion rate is at 70% which means at 6% per quest and one known quest uncompleted, there are four invisible quests left.

I have completed:
*Thermal Expansion
*Minefactory Reloaded
*McAurey's
*Vanilla Lover
*Bee Domination
*Applied Energistics
*Interior Decorator
*Blood Magic Adept
*Cobblegen Madness
*Armorsmith
*Thaumcraft
*Passive Slaughterer

Does anyone know what I'm missing? Apparently there's some quest named "Open Sesame" and another named "Mob War", but I've only seen them referenced once, and don't know how to unlock them. That leaves two more unknown ones.

I have you missing "Tinkerer" did you complete Steel powered Flight, and make the High Oven?

My list:
Row 1;
Thermal Expansion
McAurey's
Vanilla Lover
Mine Factory Reloaded
Tinkerer

Row 2;
<missing space>
Bee Domination
Applied Energistics
Interior Decorator
Blood Magic Adept

Row 3;
Armorsmith
Thaumcraft
<missing space>
<missing space>
Passive Slaughter

Right page:
Cobblegen madness

Unfortunelty I do not know what the other 4 I am missing are. I have 76% done at 6% each, there are 4 more quests. (Your missing 5)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

I have completed:
*Thermal Expansion
*Minefactory Reloaded
*McAurey's
*Vanilla Lover
*Bee Domination
*Applied Energistics
*Interior Decorator
*Blood Magic Adept
*Cobblegen Madness
*Armorsmith
*Thaumcraft
*Passive Slaughterer

Open Sesame is unlocked by crafting a flag from Open Blocks.
Crazy Automation requires you to manually craft an octuple compressed cobble.
Tinkerer requires crafting one each of: Seared Bricks, Seared Glass, Seared Tank, Seared Faucet, Casting Basin, Casting Table
Mob war I'm not sure on, maybe try killing lots of hostile mobs yourself?