Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
If this is the case...then you are RNG's bitch. Welcome to the club...and here's some KY. The only other suggestion I can make, given your horrible luck, is to make a small mob spawning room [for bones and flesh]. Other than that, I'm outta ideas to help you along.

Edit: I don't believe you mentioned it, and I know I didn't but...you are working with Oak saplings, right?
Yep Oak leaves. I did plant the other types to get a small collection of saplings from them as well, but my farms all oak leaves. All the dirt I collected from under the chest is currently being used for tree saplings, and a small wheat and melon farm... the melon FINALLY gave me it's first melon.

But at this point my bonemeals gone, my foods nill, my trees are taking ages to grow, and I don't have the blocks needed to even make a platform to start mob spawns. I am about ready to can the map again and hope for better RNG next time.. but ugh... two tries and get stalled on the same spot.

CFirst time I stuck with the single tree growing. this time I opted to make a farm of them. I'm starting to think I should say eff it to the slab furnace and make the watering can FIRST as a top priority as to not waste so much bonemeal.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yep Oak leaves. I did plant the other types to get a small collection of saplings from them as well, but my farms all oak leaves. All the dirt I collected from under the chest is currently being used for tree saplings, and a small wheat and melon farm... the melon FINALLY gave me it's first melon.

But at this point my bonemeals gone, my foods nill, my trees are taking ages to grow, and I don't have the blocks needed to even make a platform to start mob spawns. I am about ready to can the map again and hope for better RNG next time.. but ugh... two tries and get stalled on the same spot.

CFirst time I stuck with the single tree growing. this time I opted to make a farm of them. I'm starting to think I should say eff it to the slab furnace and make the watering can FIRST as a top priority as to not waste so much bonemeal.

I dunno what to say. I've restarted 5 times [for lag-related reasons and an unwilligness for totally rebuilding complex systems to fix the problem] and only my first playthrough was sorta like yours. You can remove the light inside and board up the windows to turn the house into a small darkroom...but you may not be able to get far enough away for any spawns.

Edit: grrr...and forgot why I came here again. 2 things. To anyone trying to get Witches into a 1x1 glass box, I'd highly recommend the Containment ritual. And about this ritual, why does it cause Witches to jump?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Is Thaumcraft bugged in this pack? Since I newly restarted, I've been pretty good about scanning every new item I make and I'm running across alot of things that the Thaum-meter is telling me it/I already know(s). The problem is I'm not getting the research points for these items. Anyone else seeing this?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
no there are hidden quests that trigger unlocking of other quests, jaded is just evil
Yes, but he said he had 180 total, 180 unlocked and 180 completed. Which means there can't be any more quests that unlock other quests since all the already unlocked ones have been completed. So either there's a hidden condition for unlocking quests, unrelated to quest completion, or there's a bug.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So big question before I opt to start over for the 3rd time: How often do you use bonemeal on trees? Do you just go off and use them all at the start? Do you save some for farms or other needs? Are they needed for later quests?

Do you use the dirt you collect from under the single dirt block and sleav it all right off? Save it for farms?

What is the best path for getting into the stone age, so I can stop out right stalling in place.

JagdKitty

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much pissed at losing the menu of builds every time I try Agrarian Skies. Every game so far the I go to Inventory at some point in the game, usually after devoting 2-3 days to the game, and I find all the build diagrams gone. How can ya build an Igneaous Extruder for example if you can't find the diagram you need to tell you what resources you need and where they fit on the Crafting table?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Pretty much pissed at losing the menu of builds every time I try Agrarian Skies. Every game so far the I go to Inventory at some point in the game, usually after devoting 2-3 days to the game, and I find all the build diagrams gone. How can ya build an Igneaous Extruder for example if you can't find the diagram you need to tell you what resources you need and where they fit on the Crafting table?
just press R when hovering over the item

or from memory like in the olden days

JagdKitty

Jul 29, 2019
So big question before I opt to start over for the 3rd time: How often do you use bonemeal on trees? Do you just go off and use them all at the start? Do you save some for farms or other needs? Are they needed for later quests?

Do you use the dirt you collect from under the single dirt block and sleav it all right off? Save it for farms?

What is the best path for getting into the stone age, so I can stop out right stalling in place.
I use bone meal if I want. I've never run out but I also don't try to build up a large supply of wood. just what I need. use the dirt in the chest for farming carrots. Get carrot seed quick as possible. Get silkworm/string for fishing pole asap, put block where water falls off world, and get in water with back to block and fish upstream. Even fish not fully hooked will float down to you for collection. Make 2 barrels and place outside for them to fill if it rains and fish fish fish for composting for more farmland. My quickest way to advance in the beginning is to fish fish fish to compost to dirt to expand carrot farm. Soon the carrots are growing quickly enough to compost especially after you get the juicer. BTW, do not fish at night until u have all the spawning places lit up or soon a creeper will show up to blow you into the void... LOL

JagdKitty

Jul 29, 2019
just press R when hovering over the item

or from memory like in the olden days
How can I press R over the item when the item isn't there? And I doubt anyone can remember all the separate items you need to build from memory. Could you build a computer from memory? Ah, well, time to try again <BIG SIGH>

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
How can I press R over the item when the item isn't there? And I doubt anyone can remember all the separate items you need to build from memory. Could you build a computer from memory? Ah, well, time to try again <BIG SIGH>
From your description, I suspect you disabled NEI at some point. While in your inventory, press 'O', and see if that fixes things.

JagdKitty

Jul 29, 2019
From your description, I suspect you disabled NEI at some point. While in your inventory, press 'O', and see if that fixes things.
Thanks for suggestion. Ready to give almost anything a try right now. This is the 3rd time this has happened after I've spent 2-3 days getting to a certain point

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
@ BM Bubbas: Still confused [sorta] about which runes can be put where the T2 runes go and when. Confusion stems from several videos showing Sacrifice runes in this rune position on T3+ altars.

If altar is T2, you can only use Blood or Speed runes [all you have access to make]. However, the quests reward you with a few Sacrifice runes. Last time I tested this, using Sacrifice runes at this Tier decreases your LP gain. And if you use speed runes at this tier, you can only place them in the non-corner spots?
If altar is T3 or greater, you can place ay rune you have access to in any rune spot, or are there further complications?

Hmm. Also confused about how much LP is being generated through WoS with Sacrifice runes. Formula I'm using:
(10 LP/hit of WoS) * (# Sacrifice Runes * 0.1) * (# Mobs) = Total LP gain / hit of WoS
If my maths are correct, you only need 16 Sacrifice Runes to get 10K LP/hit using 64 Witches in the WoS?
10 * ( # Sacrifice * 0.1) * 64 = 10,000
# Sacrifice = 10,000 / 640 = ~16 runes [this seems wrong / too few]
# Sacrifice = 10000 / 64 = ~157 runes

Edit: Lost a power of 10 somewhere along the way. And I noticed something odd as well. On a T4 altar, I swapped Blood runes for Sacrifice at the T2 rune level / corner runes and did notice a gain. It seems the restriction on rune types at the T2 rune level may only exist on the T2 altar.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
all runes on the alter can be any runes, there is no limitation on what they can be it is just that T2 runes are plenty full enough for capacity,

you can also replace previously placed runes with other runes

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
all runes on the alter can be any runes, there is no limitation on what they can be it is just that T2 runes are plenty full enough for capacity,

you can also replace previously placed runes with other runes

Last time I tested:
T2 altar with 4 Sacrifice runes in corners or non-corners resulted in gaining less than 250 LP stabbing cow with dagger, and less than 200LP using Knife [I know this rune will not increase LP from knife]. Similar results with Speed runes in corners.

Reactions: Padfoote

hexe

Jul 29, 2019
hello,
i made a multiplayer server, but i am falling evertime in the void, because there is no platform, i downloaded the home sweet home and the flat map (unzipped it) i tried both of them but they don't show up, i deleted the world folder an replaced it with the downloaded map and changed the name to world but nothing changed... i fall into void
In singleplayer works it fine with the flat map
can someone help me please?

sry for my english, i am german ;)