Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's Steelworks, What does the dissipation do? Is there secret combinations not listed in the book?
I did figure out how to get 3 times the ores though, that's nice. :D

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
It will take a lot of xp though. 40 levels I think to duplicate a Fortune III book and make two additional copies.
I haven't tried in the most recent version of the pack, but there is a way to repair those enchanted plates :) The annoying part is definitely getting the 40 levels to be able to make it in the first place.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried in the most recent version of the pack, but there is a way to repair those enchanted plates :) The annoying part is definitely getting the 40 levels to be able to make it in the first place.

You need a system like the one from AM2 that repairs vanilla tools for "free"

Don't know any in AS

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

Vanilla mob drop trap with a activator using a sickle with repair (no firey if handling endermen). 22 block tall drop trap leaves about 1/2 a heart for most mobs. Activator counts as a player, so it will drop experience orbs. Collect them using an vacuum hopper, and feed into a tank of your choosing. Feed the output of the tank into an openblocks tank near the bibliocraft press. Whenever you need levels, just left-click the tank to receive a level.

Reactions: Kik

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla mob drop trap with a activator using a sickle with repair (no firey if handling endermen). 22 block tall drop trap leaves about 1/2 a heart for most mobs. Activator counts as a player, so it will drop experience orbs. Collect them using an vacuum hopper, and feed into a tank of your choosing. Feed the output of the tank into an openblocks tank near the bibliocraft press. Whenever you need levels, just left-click the tank to receive a level.

I'll have to try that. I was wondering how you could get liquid xp out of a system and useable (I have a good amount from some with skelly skull farming I did!) I know what I'll be doing when I get off work today! Thanks for the information!

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Just made my MAC. Took three hours. One to do the maths, one to do the gathering and one to make it all.
Overall? Too many math errors...

Reactions: MiniMoggie

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Just made my MAC. Took three hours. One to do the maths, one to do the gathering and one to make it all.
Overall? Too many math errors...
Yea I know the feeling as I was building mine yesterday. I calculated what I needed and made the parts only to find I'd miscalculated when putting the MAC together:rolleyes:

CRKBOW

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a rather noobish question but I have read this whole thread and have not found my answer so it must be so simple I am over looking it. How does one acquire netherrack without going to the nether? I have a sludge boiler setup and I know I have a chance there but after getting 6 tainted soil and no netherrack after a play session I am stumped and had to stop lurking and just ask. :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You need a system like the one from AM2 that repairs vanilla tools for "free"

Don't know any in AS
There isn't one afaik
AM2 has one that consumes essence (light nexus for free and slow if you wish), and Thaumic tinkerer has one that consumes essentia

Neither of which is in the pack, although I wonder what would happen if you used the fortune block from MFR on them?[DOUBLEPOST=1398468193][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello, I have a rather noobish question but I have read this whole thread and have not found my answer so it must be so simple I am over looking it. How does one acquire netherrack without going to the nether? I have a sludge boiler setup and I know I have a chance there but after getting 6 tainted soil and no netherrack after a play session I am stumped and had to stop lurking and just ask. :)
Redstone into a crucible full of lava
Glowstone into the same will get you end stone

Reactions: CRKBOW

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you to both of you now I can progress needed magma crucible.
There's a crucible added by Ex nihilo which uses a "heat" source to melt cobble into lava, that heat can be from worst to best, a torch, lava block, fire block (fire on netherack)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
There's a crucible added by Ex nihilo which uses a "heat" source to melt cobble into lava, that heat can be from worst to best, a torch, lava block, fire block (fire on netherack)

You can also use a furnace or Nitor to provide the heat for an Ex Nihilo crucible.

Candle < Nitor < Furnace < Lava < Fire (Can be any source of fire I.E. block of wood, netherack, flint and steel on stone or there is even a machine that produces fire)

Also a lava source block is slightly better than flowing lava.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use a furnace or Nitor to provide the heat for an Ex Nihilo crucible.

Candle < Nitor < Furnace < Lava < Fire (Can be any source of fire I.E. block of wood, netherack, flint and steel on stone or there is even a machine that produces fire)

Also a lava source block is slightly better than flowing lava.
On my wish list: a "magic" style block from Ex Aliquo Sky Alchemy that is as effective as Fire, with none of the particle effects or sounds.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
What's people's method of lava generation/gathering? Normally, I'd use a pump in the nether and an ender tank, but that isn't an option. Crucibles give lava for nothing, but they're slow, I know about magma crucibles and there is an MFR lava generator, but they are expensive in power.

At this stage, my power generation is from the liquid/catalyst dynamo (can't remember the name) using mob essence and blaze powder. Producing a lot of power, so not a huge shortage of power at this stage.

Also, how rare is iridium ore in the Nether? You need one for the Ender Quarry (unless the recipe has change from v1).

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
What's people's method of lava generation/gathering? Normally, I'd use a pump in the nether and an ender tank, but that isn't an option. Crucibles give lava for nothing, but they're slow, I know about magma crucibles and there is an MFR lava generator, but they are expensive in power.

At this stage, my power generation is from the liquid/catalyst dynamo (can't remember the name) using mob essence and blaze powder. Producing a lot of power, so not a huge shortage of power at this stage.

Also, how rare is iridium ore in the Nether? You need one for the Ender Quarry (unless the recipe has change from v1).

Enderthermic pump in the nether with a Tesseract sending back to base or your power plant. Big Reactors is a good high power alternative to having tons of dynamos/generators. Crucibles are much faster with netherack, but still laggy and hard to manage when you have lots. Iridium spawns about 1 per chunk, so it is extremely rare. Yes the quarry still requires it, but I believe you get one as a quest reward.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I just got the thaumic harness from a reward bad, but haven't touched thaumcraft yet. How does thaumic mob aspect work and can i kill mobs to charge the harness up?