Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I left some there to maxed out the 10k RF pipe. The reactor is making 7300 RF.

All while I just sit and wait for my octuplet cobble stone :)

Conduits don't 'max out'. They can move an infinite amount of RF. The 10k RF/t comes from the per connection basis. For example you'd need 3 power taps and 3 conduit connections to a reactor making more than 20k RF/t but it could all run in the same line of conduit. Each connection can only output 10k as well so be wary of that.

Reactions: PurpleMentat

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
Oh cool. I had no idea if was the connected limit on the pipes. Now I need to rethink how I do my layout.

http://prntscr.com/3dkbx2 The crafting recipe for Porcelain Clay from Ex Nihilo and Ceramic Dye (White) from MFR are exactly the same. This means i can't craft Ceramic Dye (White).
You can use "White Dye" instead. You get it from squeezing Tinted Honey. You get that from tinted comb and they come from the bleached bees.

That's how I got around it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Do cows spawn in forest biomes? I set up a nice size grassy area, and have quite a few sheep and chickens spawn, along with some pigs, but so far, no cows. It could be that I am just unlucky.

IceDeep

Jul 29, 2019
First let me say I love Agrarian Skies, it's a great pack and adds a lot of depth to the game by making things harder. Of course in just a dozen or so hours of playing I can be pretty far. I do dislike the fact I can't let my game idle over night, but that's the theme of the pack.

But... Why do I have to use the Smeltry in order to progress down the tech tree? I personally hate the smeltery (Tinkers is ok, but the smeltery sucks) and have had nothing but trouble using it. I don't like Smeltery and never have and never will. It takes up a ton of space, is slow and not worth the time or resources invested in it (for me anyways) to use. I can build something the is completely automatic and looks a ton better a lot more easily. Not only am I forced to build the blocks for the Smeltery(I can deal with that), but I am forced to build it to make this stupid casts.

And what does it unlock?

Stuff that appears completely unrelated to Tinkers.

Jade... Please make it so the tech tree has branches so you go down the Tinkers tree and it unlocks Tinkers stuff and not other stuff I wish to do the quests for. Otherwise I have to build a smeltery, learn how to use the dumb thing (which never works for me) only to immediately remove it from the map once I complete one quest.

Right now I am stuck on the Learning Skyblock Quests until this gets fixed. :( The other quests I am doing but they take a long time for the majority of them (Compressed items), and the food items don't really appeal to me as I can just eat a ton of baked potatoes.

And please don't say you should learn how to use the Smeltery it's great, etc, etc... I don't care for it, I like small nice and neat things and it's none of those. It's clumsy and I don't see the need for the tools it produced especially in this pack were your tools level up. Also I have watched a ton of youtube videos previously to learn it and I tried to make one on my old Agrarian Skies (pre-quest book) and I couldn't get it to work there so I have given up on it out of principle of wasted time and effort.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Do cows spawn in forest biomes? I set up a nice size grassy area, and have quite a few sheep and chickens spawn, along with some pigs, but so far, no cows. It could be that I am just unlucky.

They do. Capture 1 or 2 of each of the passive mobs currently spawned and kill the rest. Continue to kill them until the desired mobs spawn.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
First let me say I love Agrarian Skies, it's a great pack and adds a lot of depth to the game by making things harder. Of course in just a dozen or so hours of playing I can be pretty far. I do dislike the fact I can't let my game idle over night, but that's the theme of the pack.

But... Why do I have to use the Smeltry in order to progress down the tech tree? I personally hate the smeltery (Tinkers is ok, but the smeltery sucks) and have had nothing but trouble using it. I don't like Smeltery and never have and never will. It takes up a ton of space, is slow and not worth the time or resources invested in it (for me anyways) to use. I can build something the is completely automatic and looks a ton better a lot more easily. Not only am I forced to build the blocks for the Smeltery(I can deal with that), but I am forced to build it to make this stupid casts.

More compact than the smeltery? Do share :) I'd love to be able to replace my two smelteries with pretty much anything.

But as for reasons to use the smeltery, you can toss broken, pulverized and whatever the third type is without having to first get it into block-form. This saves you the 27 cyclic assemblers and one or several pulverizers and autonomous activators and hammers... However you need two of them to be able to automate all ores, lest you risk getting Invar, bronze and electrum.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Working my way through the McAureys side-quest and the "Chili Poppers" have no crafting recipe and i can't find one online, yet they are required for the quest. Bug? or am i just missing something?

IceDeep

Jul 29, 2019
More compact than the smeltery? Do share :) I'd love to be able to replace my two smelteries with pretty much anything.

But as for reasons to use the smeltery, you can toss broken, pulverized and whatever the third type is without having to first get it into block-form. This saves you the 27 cyclic assemblers and one or several pulverizers and autonomous activators and hammers... However you need two of them to be able to automate all ores, lest you risk getting Invar, bronze and electrum.

For me the 10% extra ores isn't worth the extra space. Hell I don't even use Pulverizers on ores I just send them straight to the furnance. So for me it's 1 redstone furnance vs a multi block smeltery. I just dislike multiblock structures period. The only one I use is the ME autocrafting. If the smeltery was 1 block I would prob use it.

Gluggar

Jul 29, 2019
My client doesn't allow me to create a tool forge (Tinkers Construct) in the newest version of the pack, is this intended or am I experiencing some weird bug?
edit: My NEI does show me it exists but does not give me a recipe and the one I'm used to does not work

Last edited:

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Also on the topic of McAureys, "Toast" is required, but since it is smelted and not crafted, it does not register with the quest.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Restoration I/II/III from mariculture regenerates anything that costs durability at the cost of durability on the jewlery.

And that's automatable or only in your inventory?

You only really need one smeltery, but you need a separate drain and fluiduct for every molten metal so they all get extracted immediately, and you also need drains for alloys - it's unlikely but not impossible that you'll make alloys by doing this.

Have fun automating all ore processing in one smeltery without creating alloy!

http://prntscr.com/3dkbx2 The crafting recipe for Porcelain Clay from Ex Nihilo and Ceramic Dye (White) from MFR are exactly the same. This means i can't craft Ceramic Dye (White).

Try different shape? You might just want to delete the item and spawn the product in if not...

Also, what mod is this White Stained Glass from for the "Interior Decorator" Side-Quest? I've crafted every type of white glass i can find in NEI but the quest is still unfinished? http://prntscr.com/3dkgrt

That looks like sandy glass from my point of view, you might want to try that!

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
For me the 10% extra ores isn't worth the extra space. Hell I don't even use Pulverizers on ores I just send them straight to the furnance. So for me it's 1 redstone furnance vs a multi block smeltery. I just dislike multiblock structures period. The only one I use is the ME autocrafting. If the smeltery was 1 block I would prob use it.
But you still need to get them into block form to be able to smelt them? And the smeltery produces 72 mb of metal per broken/pulverized/crushed ex nihilo stuff and it uses 144 mb of metal per ingot. A redstone furnace needs the broken/pulveruzed/crushed stuff to be converted to block for first, giving you one ingot?

So, by choosing to not use the smeltery your not getting the ore doubling from the smeltery and you need to have a row of 9/18/27 (Depending on if your gravel/sand and/or dust) cyclic assemblers just to get it into block form so that the redstone furnace can handle it... I'm confussed...

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
My client doesn't allow me to create a tool forge (Tinkers Construct) in the newest version of the pack, is this intended or am I experiencing some weird bug?
edit: My NEI does show me it exists but does not give me a recipe and the one I'm used to does not work
Are you using Cobalt, Ardite or Steel blocks for the resource blocks? Iron, Copper, Tin etc do not work for the Tool Forge in the latest versions of Ag Skies

IceDeep

Jul 29, 2019
But you still need to get them into block form to be able to smelt them? And the smeltery produces 72 mb of metal per broken/pulverized/crushed ex nihilo stuff and it uses 144 mb of metal per ingot. A redstone furnace needs the broken/pulveruzed/crushed stuff to be converted to block for first, giving you one ingot?

So, by choosing to not use the smeltery your not getting the ore doubling from the smeltery and you need to have a row of 9/18/27 (Depending on if your gravel/sand and/or dust) cyclic assemblers just to get it into block form so that the redstone furnace can handle it... I'm confussed...

Having 27 assemblers doesn't bother me as I don't have to do it by hand anymore, and it's a built in a hidden area and it's done thing. I build things symmetrically and nice so I have a nice 9 row of furnances just for 1 of each type of ore (Example Pulverized Copper, Crushed Copper and Broken Copper) and 1 Cyclic for each type. Trust me if the dozen+ times I had tried to get the smeltery working (Since it came out) I had gotten it working, let alone automate it then I wouldn't be having this issue. The furthest I ever got was for it to melt the ore and no matter how I clicked, or were I put that damn faucet it never did anything, and so if I can't do that automation is out of the question.

I am simply asking to make the quests a bit more of path based so you not asking someone to make a machine they don't need for quests further down the line. I don't want to spend more hours trying to figure out something I have already failed at countless times when it's not needed for further quests that continue on that path. For example if the 5 quests (I think it's 5) after making the casting quest were tinker quests (like make a cobalt pick or whatever) then I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be doing those quests anyways. But since I see Thermal Expansion and other mods items after that quest it looks like I am missing quests I can do because this dang cast quest is blocking me. Just sorta annoying as it's the same in any game were you are blocked from doing something you want to do by something you don't want to do and has nothing to do with the things you want to complete (but are blocked from).

Edit:
So, by choosing to not use the smeltery
Just wanted to say I don't have much of a choice, I have spent several hours trying to learn and get it to work and have given up on it because it is more complicated than it needs to be for what it does.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Try making the slab version of the tool forge. That worked for me.