Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Linklog

Jul 29, 2019
Have to give us a bit more to go on than that. Assuming you haven't built out yet, the starting island is too small for mobs to spawn, if that's what you mean.
Ive built out alot. I redisigned my mob sapwner and it wont spawn mobs

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Having 27 assemblers doesn't bother me as I don't have to do it by hand anymore, and it's a built in a hidden area and it's done thing. I build things symmetrically and nice so I have a nice 9 row of furnances just for 1 of each type of ore (Example Pulverized Copper, Crushed Copper and Broken Copper) and 1 Cyclic for each type. Trust me if the dozen+ times I had tried to get the smeltery working (Since it came out) I had gotten it working, let alone automate it then I wouldn't be having this issue. The furthest I ever got was for it to melt the ore and no matter how I clicked, or were I put that damn faucet it never did anything, and so if I can't do that automation is out of the question.

I am simply asking to make the quests a bit more of path based so you not asking someone to make a machine they don't need for quests further down the line. I don't want to spend more hours trying to figure out something I have already failed at countless times when it's not needed for further quests that continue on that path. For example if the 5 quests (I think it's 5) after making the casting quest were tinker quests (like make a cobalt pick or whatever) then I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be doing those quests anyways. But since I see Thermal Expansion and other mods items after that quest it looks like I am missing quests I can do because this dang cast quest is blocking me. Just sorta annoying as it's the same in any game were you are blocked from doing something you want to do by something you don't want to do and has nothing to do with the things you want to complete (but are blocked from).

Edit:
Just wanted to say I don't have much of a choice, I have spent several hours trying to learn and get it to work and have given up on it because it is more complicated than it needs to be for what it does.

you need to put the faucet on a drain that is part of the wall of the smeltery

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever you do, do NOT use spawn egg gifts before realizing what the spawn eggs even are. *grumblegrumblestupidsilverfish"chicken"spawneggsgrumble* In other words I do have a small village and farmhouse I'm working on now because of that gift bag. :D Now I just need a way to keep them villagers safe, might aim for paving stone of warding and magnum torches.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I was swamped with vines at one point and by accident. I planted jungle trees in my MFR farm and I didn't realise it would harvest the vines as well so I didn't have a place for them to go so it blocked up my sorting system for the farm. But on the positive note they did make great compost :)

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
> Be me
> Open loot bag
> Get inactive division sigil
> Get grass, make enchanting table
> Be me
> Open loot bag
> Get two golden lassos
> Get one cow from my cow farm
> Perform the division sigil retual
> Get activated division sigil
> Create builder's wand
> Save 7 diamonds

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> Be me
> Open loot bag
> Get 5 magnum torches

Kinda useless, I want my mob grinder to work :v

> Be me
> Get glacial precipitator to auto-output to the QDS, bound to the ice hoarding quest
> Wait 6 hours or so
> Get epic loot bag
> Open it
> ZOMG! It's a thaumium scoop with Repair V

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Btw if you use AE assembler you can have autocrafting of all sieved ores at once with one machine(plus room for alot of other ones) simply make the setup for AE and the its assembler. Then simply queue up 999999 of each of them(you will have to refresh this whenever you reboot your network or it actually manages to craft 999999 items :p

Jul 29, 2019
Btw if you use AE assembler you can have autocrafting of all sieved ores at once with one machine(plus room for alot of other ones) simply make the setup for AE and the its assembler. Then simply queue up 999999 of each of them(you will have to refresh this whenever you reboot your network or it actually manages to craft 999999 items :p
What good would that do? All you need to do is auto output the broken ore into an array of smelteries, no point crafting them into the blocks unless you really want to get the small extra ore from hammering them...

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
it's much easier to have 3 precision export buses set to craft and inventory exporting to the placing autonomous activator (and then 2 exporting the pulverized into the 2 needed smelteries)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
My client doesn't allow me to create a tool forge (Tinkers Construct) in the newest version of the pack, is this intended or am I experiencing some weird bug?
edit: My NEI does show me it exists but does not give me a recipe and the one I'm used to does not work
The latest version requires steel. Which you have to make using the furnace from tikerer's steelworks.

Edit: You can also use colbalt, ardite, or manylium for the 4 blocks required for the tool forge.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Not really necessary, but I wanted to see if I could break 100,000 RF per tic with a Big Reactor while still remaining in a single chunk. Made a creative world. Seems you can with a 15x15 reactor with 13 Rods. This monster makes 102,000 RF using 0.850 fuel at peak output. Next experiment will be to setup 8 laser drills with the infrastructure to process the ores to see how self sufficient it can be. I estimate it will produce a huge excess of fuel and still have 20,000 RF to spare. Impossible to gather the components to make this monster you say. Nope, I estimate after all the play time I have in my original world, I could make 2 of these reactors..

a2spbc.jpg

Reactions: cannajan

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I should say: HOW THE FU*K DO I GET 77 SACRED RUBBER SAPLINGS FROM RUNNING MY RUBBER TREE FARM?

I mean, really! It suddenly stopped working. I checked to discover why, and noticed that all planted saplings were sacred. I was lucky to remove them all before one of them grew, otherwise I'd have a nightmare.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I should say: HOW THE FU*K DO I GET 77 SACRED RUBBER SAPLINGS FROM RUNNING MY RUBBER TREE FARM?

I mean, really! It suddenly stopped working. I checked to discover why, and noticed that all planted saplings were sacred. I was lucky to remove them all before one of them grew, otherwise I'd have a nightmare.

They are a rare drop from harvesting rubber trees.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

They're fake sacred rubbers.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
that's why you set consume stack to off and fill all slots with either the sapplings or wood or whitelist what you need

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
They're fake sacred rubbers.
Hm... Now that I notice, their metadata is 8, while the original one's 1. So why do they spawn at all?[DOUBLEPOST=1398543792][/DOUBLEPOST]
that's why you set consume stack to off and fill all slots with either the sapplings or wood or whitelist what you need

Oh, I did that. I had consume stack set to off and only one slot available for planting the saplings. My guess is that they became sacred in the process of planting a normal sapling. Which makes no sense, but it's a possibility. :p