Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
So the redstone repeater loses the ability to send redstone signals when its rotated with a hammer?

dWRyvW2.png

And this would of been a really cool timer too... :(

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Inventory.

Not what i need then :(
Btw if you use AE assembler you can have autocrafting of all sieved ores at once with one machine(plus room for alot of other ones) simply make the setup for AE and the its assembler. Then simply queue up 999999 of each of them(you will have to refresh this whenever you reboot your network or it actually manages to craft 999999 items :p

Set and export bus with craft only on a interface ;)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft air shards are eluding me. It says the double sandstone slabs. That's the one with the creeper face right? I've gone through several stacks, and all I'm getting is sand blocks. All the other blocks just disappear when hit with the hammer. These drop sand, so I think I have the wrong ones, but not sure what else would be made with the hint.

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft air shards are eluding me. It says the double sandstone slabs. That's the one with the creeper face right? I've gone through several stacks, and all I'm getting is sand blocks. All the other blocks just disappear when hit with the hammer. These drop sand, so I think I have the wrong ones, but not sure what else would be made with the hint.

The creeper ones are chiseled sandstone slabs. What you want to do is get normal sandstone slabs and place them one on top of each other (on the world, not in a crafting table). That will create a sandstone block made out of two sandstone slabs, aka double slab.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The creeper ones are chiseled sandstone slabs. What you want to do is get normal sandstone slabs and place them one on top of each other (on the world, not in a crafting table). That will create a sandstone block made out of two sandstone slabs, aka double slab.

Ahh.. that's what it wants. I guess I can't automate those.. Thanks.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
ok. cool. Is there a way to automate the grass blocks needed for the earth shards?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
ok. cool. Is there a way to automate the grass blocks needed for the earth shards?

Someway to silktouch grass and send it to an autonomous activator

I think you can have
XGX
AXA
RBX

X is air
G is grass
A is autonomous activator
B is block update detector
R is redstone

(Not sure just an idea)

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Bah the export bus, I tried looking at several articles to find autocrafting but that was not one em, ty for that tip ^^

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I really wish there was a better way than Smelteries to get ores taken care of. I'd much have preferred the ore gravel and ore sand as well as ore dust being able to be pulverized into TE pulverized ore to throw into a furnace type thing. Then I could have 4x pulverizers, each one with a dedicated ore, feeding into an Induction Smelter for a FAR smaller footprint.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I have my ae auto crafting set up, I will be feeding the gravel and sand into an autonomous activator using an export bus, and hammering it into dust. I can then send that to a pulverizer and furnace to make ingots.

The high temperature furnace from tinkerer's steelworks will also smelt ores, but will not make alloys, so you can send all the metals to one structure. I am not sure how to reliably fuel it as i don't exactly want to set up a charcoal farm for it, so i probably won't go this route for my stuff yet. But if you have the farms set up, it would probably work well.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Fed all my dust and gravel ore to the smeltery. Just to be rid of it. Now my smeltery looks like it should be overflowing.
2014-04-26_200053_zps152c3eeb.png

and
2014-04-26_200119_zpscb81ddb8.png

Lessons I need to learn-
Don't dig straight down
Don't fall off ladders.
Third lesson so far. Don't overload the smelter.
===
Having fun playing Agrarian skies. My brother playing with me on the LAN is even better. This is the longest my save has lasted. I don't think I have died at all on it. Though that wouldn't make to much difference. I cheated up 64 more lives :p

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I restarted my AS world, and I recently found out something: If you have a good mob farm and a carrot farm (probably other farms too, but I'm using carrots) you're basically set for early game. Or at least until you get an igneous extruder/automated farming. Composting carrots is in my opinion among the greatest sources of dirt.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish there was a better way than Smelteries to get ores taken care of. I'd much have preferred the ore gravel and ore sand as well as ore dust being able to be pulverized into TE pulverized ore to throw into a furnace type thing. Then I could have 4x pulverizers, each one with a dedicated ore, feeding into an Induction Smelter for a FAR smaller footprint.
Same here. That was disabled because people were abusing the oreDict converters (MFR unifier and Mariculture Auto Dictionary I think) to get infinite ores. I think the converters should be disabled as generally builds that utilize them are abusing them in some way. Makes more sense than the current solution.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Same here. That was disabled because people were abusing the oreDict converters (MFR unifier and Mariculture Auto Dictionary I think) to get infinite ores. I think the converters should be disabled as generally builds that utilize them are abusing them in some way. Makes more sense than the current solution.
JABBA barrels OreDict convert as well.

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
Working my way through the McAureys side-quest and the "Chili Poppers" have no crafting recipe and i can't find one online, yet they are required for the quest. Bug? or am i just missing something?
Did you find out how to make these? I'm stuck on them too.

I also can't seem to make toast for that quest

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Did you find out how to make these? I'm stuck on them too.

I also can't seem to make toast for that quest

It seems the chilipepper popper recipe was disabled. It's supposed to be bakeware, flour, chilipepper, and cheese.

MonolithicBizkit

Jul 29, 2019
I have a gold chest placed at the end of my auto-sieving set up. I'd like to auto-delete certain dusts, broken ores etc. I've tried two different ways but neither is working.

1. Item ducts into a trash can. I set certain items to whitelist but they don't pull out.
2. Items ducts into the void. Same deal, doesn't work.

Any advice?
Thanks!

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
I just have an itemduct pull everything out on mine then 1st stop is a trash or 2 that are filtered with a whitelist of the things I don't want. Then at the end it leads into another chest or the AE system or where ever.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I have a gold chest placed at the end of my auto-sieving set up. I'd like to auto-delete certain dusts, broken ores etc. I've tried two different ways but neither is working.

1. Item ducts into a trash can. I set certain items to whitelist but they don't pull out.
2. Items ducts into the void. Same deal, doesn't work.

Any advice?
Thanks!

1. might need a redstone signal to extract
2. item ducts (I think) need a target inventory- they wont vomit items into empty space.
3. JABBA barrels have a void upgrade- which destroys any extra items when the barrels full