Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MonolithicBizkit

Jul 29, 2019
1. might need a redstone signal to extract
2. item ducts (I think) need a target inventory- they wont vomit items into empty space.
3. JABBA barrels have a void upgrade- which destroys any extra items when the barrels full

1. I'm using a pneumatic servo.
2. That makes sense. Was worth a try though haha

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
Is this how your meant to be doing the Cobble gen Madness quest?

It is starting to make the game a bit lagy cobble.jpg

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Is this how your meant to be doing the Cobble gen Madness quest?

It is starting to make the game a bit lagy View attachment 10837

Without Extra Utilitys nods. Yah that's the best way to do it. Jadid likes here packs to require a huge time sink though. So you are expected to run a somewhat smaller system for several days.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Did you find out how to make these? I'm stuck on them too.

I also can't seem to make toast for that quest
No i haven't, and you can't make toast for that quest because it is a smelted item not a crafted one. Hoping Jaded or someone fixes so i can complete McAureys! :p

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
made 9 smelteries. One for each ore. Piped the ore in. Then pipe the ore blocks out to barrels. With a trash can on the end for anything that makes it past all the barrels. Thought I had everything covered.

Then found out that snow will stop a smeltery from working. Lost a hours worth of ore in the trash.

and all the times I forget to press f7.

No i haven't, and you can't make toast for that quest because it is a smelted item not a crafted one. Hoping Jaded or someone fixes so i can complete McAureys! :p

Works for me on the latest version in the launcher. 2.1.2 Just put 3 wheat into a crafting grid. Side by side. Then put in a furnace. Though we are using redstone furnaces.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
made 9 smelteries. One for each ore. Piped the ore in. Then pipe the ore blocks out to barrels. With a trash can on the end for anything that makes it past all the barrels. Thought I had everything covered.

Then found out that snow will stop a smeltery from working. Lost a hours worth of ore in the trash.

Snow In the smeltery will stop if from working. Put a roof on it. Preferably half slabs.[DOUBLEPOST=1398588263][/DOUBLEPOST]Did you know tat cobble cooked in a smeltry will turn into smeltery building material? Try dumping it into a ingot cast or block mold.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the chilipepper popper recipe was disabled. It's supposed to be bakeware, flour, chilipepper, and cheese.
How would i enable this recipe then? Or would i just put those ingredients in a crafting grid and i will get them?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Snow In the smeltery will stop if from working. Put a roof on it. Preferably half slabs.[DOUBLEPOST=1398588263][/DOUBLEPOST]Did you know tat cobble cooked in a smeltry will turn into smeltery building material? Try dumping it into a ingot cast or block mold.

I did put roofs on them.

Didn't know about the cooking cobble part though. Spent a hour or so gathering up the clay , grave , and sand needed.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I did put roofs on them.

Didn't know about the cooking cobble part though. Spent a hour or so gathering up the clay , grave , and sand needed.

Unless you build a very big smeltery- the grout route is a lot easier/faster. (2 full smeltery layers to cast 1 seared stone, vs dumping stuff in a pulveriser)
-well you could also put cobble in the casting basin, then melt 9 cobble for seared cobblestone cast.

ooh- compressed cobble. nice one- didnt know that either.
might make things run a little easier.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I have a gold chest placed at the end of my auto-sieving set up. I'd like to auto-delete certain dusts, broken ores etc. I've tried two different ways but neither is working.

1. Item ducts into a trash can. I set certain items to whitelist but they don't pull out.
2. Items ducts into the void. Same deal, doesn't work.

Any advice?
Thanks!

Without pictures it could be anything. Item ducts go into the closest inventory even if a whitelist is on the system. If you want a whitelist trashcan you either need to set it to "vacuum" mode or make it the first stop in your ducts.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
I really wish there was a better way than Smelteries to get ores taken care of. I'd much have preferred the ore gravel and ore sand as well as ore dust being able to be pulverized into TE pulverized ore to throw into a furnace type thing. Then I could have 4x pulverizers, each one with a dedicated ore, feeding into an Induction Smelter for a FAR smaller footprint.
MineTweaker's supposed to have support for ThermalExpansion machines. You could add the individual ore gravels and sands themselves, bypassing the OreDictionary, which should avoid the exploit and still leave the pulverizers functional. Call is
Code:
modSupport.thermalexpansion.pulverizer.addRecipe(energy, input, primary output, secondary output, secondary chance);
with energy as an integer, and secondary values optional. Haven't tried it myself, though.

The Pulverizer + Cyclic Assembler pathway may not have that much smaller a footprint, though, although it's certainly more elegant
Did you find out how to make these? I'm stuck on them too.

I also can't seem to make toast for that quest
Chili Poppers should just be bakeware - chili pepper - flour - cheese, but that looks to be broken in 2.0.3. Toast should just be smelting bread.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Have fun automating all ore processing in one smeltery without creating alloy!
It doesn't never create alloys - it creates alloys so rarely that it doesn't matter.

Except when it gets broken, like the one time a ghast blew part of it up. Alloys for days!

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't never
Double Negative?[DOUBLEPOST=1398604535][/DOUBLEPOST]
Chili Poppers should just be bakeware - chili pepper - flour - cheese, but that looks to be broken in 2.0.3. Toast should just be smelting bread.
Chili poppers cannot be crafted in the current version of Ag Skies, and as i have said before, Toast is smelted not crafted; therefore it does not register with HQM. I have smelted it every way possible ingame and it still does not show up as completed.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Double Negative?[DOUBLEPOST=1398604535][/DOUBLEPOST]
Chili poppers cannot be crafted in the current version of Ag Skies, and as i have said before, Toast is smelted not crafted; therefore it does not register with HQM. I have smelted it every way possible ingame and it still does not show up as completed.
Toast gots to be submitted. For the large toast quest the quest submission device works the best. Just pump the toast straight into it. Probably doing a different quest.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Toast gots to be submitted. For the large toast quest the quest submission device works the best. Just pump the toast straight into it. Probably doing a different quest.
Yeah i'm doing the McAureys sidequest, got loads of Toast left over from that 10k one though, would simply connecting the quest submission block to submit the toast with the McAureys quest work?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
if you only need to place a block (like for the ore breaking) consider using the block placer from MFR,it uses a bit of energy but is much cheaper than the autonomous activator (4 plastic sheets 3 (vanilla) dispensers and the expected reception coil+machine block combo vs 2 invar, 2 diamand, 2 emerald, pnuematic servo and piston)