Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jul 29, 2019
BP6RHZ4.png

Woop! Knew i needed that flight potion for something!

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a good way to make a blue slime farm ? I have the bucket of slime, but I'm not sure what it needs to start spawning them. I have it currently spread out over a bunch of signs to get more out of it, but I'm not sure that'll actually work. In addition, any way to automate slime tree farming ? The planter from MFR doesn't plant it

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I just found that I can complete quest instantly with the edit book, I've been spending a whole day setting up a world after moving maps.:mad:

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a good way to make a blue slime farm ? I have the bucket of slime, but I'm not sure what it needs to start spawning them. I have it currently spread out over a bunch of signs to get more out of it, but I'm not sure that'll actually work. In addition, any way to automate slime tree farming ? The planter from MFR doesn't plant it

In theory? I'd say your best bet is a pair of Thermal Expansion's autonomous activators and a vaccum hopper... I say in theory as I've never actually tried it but I do know these facts:
A: Autonomous activators can place bonemeals and saplings and do almost anything a player can (just in an extremely stupid way).
B: Axe's of the stream happely eats up the slime tree's
C: Vaccum hoppers doesn't care what items drop and they have a fairly large radious.

Based on those three statements I propose the following:

One Autonomous activator places the sapling, the other one uses the right click of an axe of the stream (does nothing to saplings but chops down tree's).

Alternativly, thaumcraft's golems "might" be able to help with that with their woodcutting golems and placers... Sadly I don't have much experience with those...

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: madnewmy

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't just a Agrarian Skies question, how big to people generally build their MAC? I built mine to 5x5x5, and chucked in 9 pattern providers and 18 CPU's. The Iron/Redstone/Gold cost was bearable, it was the 18 diamonds that meant I had to stop half way through (I'm only sifting dust atm).

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
This isn't just a Agrarian Skies question, how big to people generally build their MAC? I built mine to 5x5x5, and chucked in 9 pattern providers and 18 CPU's. The Iron/Redstone/Gold cost was bearable, it was the 18 diamonds that meant I had to stop half way through (I'm only sifting dust atm).
I generally start out with a 4x4, then build out from there. Two CPU's gives me one action per tic, or 20 per second. Generally, that's plenty fast for me. The rest of the space can be for pattern providers.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
I was swamped with vines at one point and by accident. I planted jungle trees in my MFR farm and I didn't realise it would harvest the vines as well so I didn't have a place for them to go so it blocked up my sorting system for the farm. But on the positive note they did make great compost :)

So THAT'S what messed up my MFR treefarm! I grew a big jungle tree to get vines (too close to the farm apparently) and I had to break and replace the harvester like 5 times before it quit clogging up.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019

I surrounded it with grass and got one within a couple of minutes. I captured it with a safari net and put it in an auto-spawner/grinder setup. You can make a green slime by putting milk in witch water in an ex nihilo barrel and waiting, then capture it and do the same thing. Slime trees are a bit of a wash to get a lot of slimes quickly, I gave up and went the auto-spawner route after trying several different ways to auto farm them.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
For anyone still using Smelteries to process their ores, I strongly urge you to consider HT Ovens!

• High Temp Ovens provide triple output, so about fifty percent better output than a smeltery.
  • High Ovens do not accidentally produce alloys.
  • Deep Tanks can be used to set up a drain for each ore you intend to process through it, and can be set up directly below the High Oven
  • High Temp Ovens, much like RC Boilers, require time to heat up. Unlike RC Boilers, however, it doesn't take forever to get to 3k(C). In fact, you get there with about sixteen charcoal.
  • Runs entirely on charcoal or charcoal blocks. Setting up a charcoal farm is easy-peasy.
  • Setup is cheap, just using clay bricks and melted cobble as building materials. In fact, I'd say it was easier to produce than the grout for the dang smeltery in the first place!
  • Build it up to eight high, and it will take six stacks of items. Sure, it will only produce six at a time, however it does so far faster than a smeltery when you get done, so the speed is a wash. The important thing here is that it can accept a full stack of items to continue going.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
You can disassemble the Chamber and expand it fairly easily, so I've always started with a 3x3x3 and built up. You'll probably want to expand eventually, but that first half-dozen Patterns makes building the rest of a larger array a lot less of a hassle -- especially in Agrarian Skies, where you might use those first 27 Patterns for ore processing.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone still using Smelteries to process their ores, I strongly urge you to consider HT Ovens!

• High Temp Ovens provide triple output, so about fifty percent better output than a smeltery.
  • High Ovens do not accidentally produce alloys.
  • Deep Tanks can be used to set up a drain for each ore you intend to process through it, and can be set up directly below the High Oven
  • High Temp Ovens, much like RC Boilers, require time to heat up. Unlike RC Boilers, however, it doesn't take forever to get to 3k(C). In fact, you get there with about sixteen charcoal.
  • Runs entirely on charcoal or charcoal blocks. Setting up a charcoal farm is easy-peasy.
  • Setup is cheap, just using clay bricks and melted cobble as building materials. In fact, I'd say it was easier to produce than the grout for the dang smeltery in the first place!
  • Build it up to eight high, and it will take six stacks of items. Sure, it will only produce six at a time, however it does so far faster than a smeltery when you get done, so the speed is a wash. The important thing here is that it can accept a full stack of items to continue going.

The High Oven is very nice. I've been thinking about making it, but didn't realize it tripled ore output. Your post convinced me to give it a try. Much, much better. Now I just need to play around with it and see if I can just feed all the ore output of the sifters directly to it.

I would recommend using charcoal blocks instead of regular charcoal. It heats up much faster and runs a bit longer per block.

Ghooostie

Jul 29, 2019
I surrounded it with grass and got one within a couple of minutes. I captured it with a safari net and put it in an auto-spawner/grinder setup. You can make a green slime by putting milk in witch water in an ex nihilo barrel and waiting, then capture it and do the same thing. Slime trees are a bit of a wash to get a lot of slimes quickly, I gave up and went the auto-spawner route after trying several different ways to auto farm them.

That is a brilliant idea, I should totally do that. Didn't know you actually could make green slimes like that, thought it only made slime balls, but I'll give it a try. Thanks!

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
That is a brilliant idea, I should totally do that. Didn't know you actually could make green slimes like that, thought it only made slime balls, but I'll give it a try. Thanks!

You leave it go for awhile and it'll jump out of the barrel and come find you! :eek:

EDIT: BTW, that's just the easiest way to get the green slime if you already have a way to produce witch water. A second way, is to build a platform in the swamp biome. I haven't tried that one, but it should work. I'm not sure of the swamp spawning conditions without a little research.

Last edited:

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
You leave it go for awhile and it'll jump out of the barrel and come find you! :eek:

EDIT: BTW, that's just the easiest way to get the green slime if you already have a way to produce witch water. A second way, is to build a platform in the swamp biome. I haven't tried that one, but it should work. I'm not sure of the swamp spawning conditions without a little research.

My grinder room is set up in the swamp (if you're standing in the house doorway, go about 30 blocks to the left of the initial dirt block) and I'm definitely getting slime balls out of it.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I've not managed to get anything to spawn from my slime bucket. I've built out a large grassed area over in the plains/swamp biome area including a nice looking pond so I thought I'd try emptying out the slime bucket in that area. I knocked out a few torches too. I got lots of green slimes spawning but no blue ones.