Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
There isn't one afaik
AM2 has one that consumes essence (light nexus for free and slow if you wish), and Thaumic tinkerer has one that consumes essentia

Neither of which is in the pack, although I wonder what would happen if you used the fortune block from MFR on them?

Restoration I/II/III from mariculture regenerates anything that costs durability at the cost of durability on the jewlery.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
What's people's method of lava generation/gathering? Normally, I'd use a pump in the nether and an ender tank, but that isn't an option. Crucibles give lava for nothing, but they're slow, I know about magma crucibles and there is an MFR lava generator, but they are expensive in power.

At this stage, my power generation is from the liquid/catalyst dynamo (can't remember the name) using mob essence and blaze powder. Producing a lot of power, so not a huge shortage of power at this stage.

Also, how rare is iridium ore in the Nether? You need one for the Ender Quarry (unless the recipe has change from v1).
I didn't find I needed that much lava. 1 crucible on Netherrack was sufficient to keep 3 pulverizers and a furnace running full time. Once I upgraded my mob trap to accommodate Enderman, I used Ender generators for my tree and wheat farms. I was far enough along when Big Reactors was added to upgrade to a 3x3 immediately, and just upgraded to a 5x5 (only took 168 steel, 39 yellorium, 115 charcoal and some hardened glass to upgrade) that generates 4800 RF/t, so I'm set for the immediate future.

I posted this in the 'Derp' thread, but word of warning, watch your footing around resonant ender (for Reactor cooling) when you're near a platform edge :(

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I posted this in the 'Derp' thread, but word of warning, watch your footing around resonant ender (for Reactor cooling) when you're near a platform edge :(

Gelid Cryrotheum is a more potent coolant.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I saw that after the fact, I may change it tonight. My initial research suggested that ender was superior, but I guess it was changed 0.3 update.

Yeah I think Molten ender was made way worse than it was considering as a coolant anything "molten" is uh, bad. :p

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that after the fact, I may change it tonight. My initial research suggested that ender was superior, but I guess it was changed 0.3 update.
Sadly the wikis and such are out of date. Beta is beta, lots of numbers are likely to change between now and 1.0. Still love the mod!

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think Molten ender was made way worse than it was considering as a coolant anything "molten" is uh, bad. :p
Just hopped on my test world. On my 5x5 set up, Resonant Ender produces 4.79k RF/t at .112 mB/t. Gelid produces 4.85k RF/t at .107 mB/tick. Conclusion: measurable, but not overwhelming improvement. Caveats: the difference likely (I didn't test it) grows with Reactor size, and efficiency would be significantly more important without the tin+sulfur=yellorium recipe in AS.

CRKBOW

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that still get me is the random creepers not a huge deal now that I have 5 heart canisters but my platform is fully lit and still if I afk for ten minutes they blow in my face is there any way to prevent them?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Four, you can get away with 2 smelteries (aluminum-iron-tin-silver,copper-nickel-platinum-gold-lead) but you need liquiducts with Servo and whitelist to casting bassins (and probably a large smeltery)

You only really need one smeltery, but you need a separate drain and fluiduct for every molten metal so they all get extracted immediately, and you also need drains for alloys - it's unlikely but not impossible that you'll make alloys by doing this.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Just hopped on my test world. On my 5x5 set up, Resonant Ender produces 4.79k RF/t at .112 mB/t. Gelid produces 4.85k RF/t at .107 mB/tick. Conclusion: measurable, but not overwhelming improvement. Caveats: the difference likely (I didn't test it) grows with Reactor size, and efficiency would be significantly more important without the tin+sulfur=yellorium recipe in AS.

What was your setup like. If you made a 5x5 with an X type 5 rod assembly you did not leave enough room around the rods. If the rods are touching the reactor walls and do not have all 4 sides of each rod with coolant touching them then your basically just wasting your time as a standard 5x5 with the X type setup with just AIR (no coolant) in it gets 4k rf at 0.125 ..

With the proper setup a smaller reactor gets about 10% better stats, but as you go bigger the returns are even better. Either way, not really a problem as even an air cooled reactor powering a laser drill becomes self sufficient. I'm sure this will all change as BR is developed more.

Last edited:

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
Are steam turbines worth making from big reactors?

I got no clue how to make them so wondering if it is worth doing.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Are steam turbines worth making from big reactors?

I got no clue how to make them so wondering if it is worth doing.

In this modpack they are not really worth it. They allow you to basically either double your power for the same fuel or half your fuel usage for the same power. Since resources are not really a problem once you are setup enough to get into BR, making a bigger reactor and getting fuel for it is no problem at all.

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
In this modpack they are not really worth it. They allow you to basically either double your power for the same fuel or half your fuel usage for the same power. Since resources are not really a problem once you are setup enough to get into BR, making a bigger reactor and getting fuel for it is no problem at all.
o wow time to get rid of my 100 magmatic dynamos!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
o wow time to get rid of my 100 magmatic dynamos!

Just set 'em up to turn off unless you need a nice boost of power. Something like if some redstone cell is less than half full them come back on. Makes it a bit more interesting and a fun side project.

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
I left some there to maxed out the 10k RF pipe. The reactor is making 7300 RF.

All while I just sit and wait for my octuplet cobble stone :)