Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
It is the FZ router from Factorization and NO it is not in AS. He must have added it.

Please, if your are going to post pics with solutions you have come up for a quest that involve additional mods that are not in the pack by default, you should explain that you have modified the pack so people that read this forum don't go on wild goose chases trying to figure out what you did...

I mention Factorization in the post. If people don't know how to tell what mods are in the pack they're playing that is their problem, not mine. The router isn't a wild-goose. If they go chasing after it they will find it in modded minecraft sooner or later. You'll notice I said it was my favorite machine in modded minecraft, not Agrarian Skies. I don't really think of AS as a beginner-level pack. I'm assuming most of the people who play it and post about it have some familiarity with modded minecraft.

But hey, god forbid anybody should be confronted with something new. Wouldn't want that to happen. The confusion could cause worldwide panic, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

So please, don't assume people are confused. Don't assume they will be confused. Don't assume they'll do everything other than simply ask about whatever is in question. If they decide to go on a wild-goose chase instead of simply asking, whose fault is that?

As far as "cheating" goes, I'm using routers in roles that could be handled with TE ducts or AE networks. Less lag, no million cobblestone all over the place when I decide to wrench the wrong duct, cleaner builds. If that is cheating then I'm a cheater who will continue to look for new ways to cheat. ;) The game simply isn't fun when the load is so bad that it is backtracking every other block you break. Been there three times with itemducts in AS.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I mention Factorization in the post. If people don't know how to tell what mods are in the pack they're playing that is their problem, not mine. The router isn't a wild-goose. If they go chasing after it they will find it in modded minecraft sooner or later. You'll notice I said it was my favorite machine in modded minecraft, not Agrarian Skies. I don't really think of AS as a beginner-level pack. I'm assuming most of the people who play it and post about it have some familiarity with modded minecraft.

But hey, god forbid anybody should be confronted with something new. Wouldn't want that to happen. The confusion could cause worldwide panic, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

So please, don't assume people are confused. Don't assume they will be confused. Don't assume they'll do everything other than simply ask about whatever is in question. If they decide to go on a wild-goose chase instead of simply asking, whose fault is that?

As far as "cheating" goes, I'm using routers in roles that could be handled with TE ducts or AE networks. Less lag, no million cobblestone all over the place when I decide to wrench the wrong duct, cleaner builds. If that is cheating then I'm a cheater who will continue to look for new ways to cheat. ;) The game simply isn't fun when the load is so bad that it is backtracking every other block you break. Been there three times with itemducts in AS.

you are overestimating the intelligence of the average minecraft player, most will see you using the router and assume they are available and start bugging Jaded about them not being there

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
you are overestimating the intelligence of the average minecraft player, most will see you using the router and assume they are available and start bugging Jaded about them not being there

The average minecraft player doesn't read this forum, much less post on it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I think it would be nice to have factorization in the pack. Not sure how to get the dark iron or logic programmer legitly as both are world spawn and dungeon loot... Unless ex aquilo already has support for it.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
While I don't see the routers themselves as a balance issue there are other things in Factorization that could be. Factorization solar would probably be too easy given infinite silver from sieving.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Woohoo... Opened up my 2.0.3 version of Home Sweet Home and saw that my quest progress had been reset. Started finishing the quests again and crashed to FTB launcher when I tried to consume a full heart.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
The average minecraft player doesn't read this forum, much less post on it.

This forum is about Agrarian Skies and I think to keep in the spirit of it, you should keep things related to the default mods in the pack so there is a zero chance of confusion. If you want to start another thread called "Agrarian Skies with Additional Mods" and have your way there, please go ahead.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not going to happen. You have put a put a lot of thought and effort in the current pack, and have done an excellent job as always. I couldn't imagine all the time it has taken to balance something like this with all the alternate recipes and such. Adding in another mod just isn't going to happen unless is fills a required void and doesn't cause lag, and factorization doesn't fit that bill, not to mention, it trivializes a lot of other gameplay.

AS has brought me back to playing Minecraft again... Whenever I start to get bored, you come out with a pack that challenges everything I thought I knew about minecraft and cause me to have to think and vent and sometimes curse to achieve the goals.

Thanks for the fun!

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
@Jadedcat
Hi, for some reason, whenever I open my 2.0.3 Home Sweet Home map, my quest progress is reset. I've also discovered that trying to use a full heart during these... upsets, causes the window to crash entirely. Any ideas?

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a solution to change Mob Essence into XP from open blocks?
Tried the unifier but I've no idea how it actually works, and there is no XP Showers in this version of OB.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
So, just upgraded to the latest version, and now WAILA no longer shows stored RF in energy cells, stored liquid in portable tanks, or contents of fluiducts. I can't seem to find a setting in the configs or in-game menu that will turn that back on. Anyone willing to drop a knowledge bomb on me?