Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Vent:
Decided to do it interestingly, and downloaded the ex niliho map for Ag, which starts with just an oak tree, a block of dirt, and a chest with 8 flint and a torch

Going along well, finally get a quest book, and get to the quest where you gotta send a plank through a hopper. By the time I manage to build a hopper I've already got most of the following quests completed (but only some components registered) and then the quest stole my hopper :<

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
So, just upgraded to the latest version, and now WAILA no longer shows stored RF in energy cells, stored liquid in portable tanks, or contents of fluiducts. I can't seem to find a setting in the configs or in-game menu that will turn that back on. Anyone willing to drop a knowledge bomb on me?

then you are not on the latest version. 2.1.2 adds the waila fix.[DOUBLEPOST=1398407527][/DOUBLEPOST]
Vent:
Decided to do it interestingly, and downloaded the ex niliho map for Ag, which starts with just an oak tree, a block of dirt, and a chest with 8 flint and a torch

Going along well, finally get a quest book, and get to the quest where you gotta send a plank through a hopper. By the time I manage to build a hopper I've already got most of the following quests completed (but only some components registered) and then the quest stole my hopper :<

Which is why the starting chest for the new versions of the map have a hopper.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
What you playing, 2.1.1 or 2.1.2? The 2.1.1 version had that problem but it's working in 2.1.2.

Cellfire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to do the slimy quest. Making an automatic slime tree farm doesn't seem to work with anything?

Anyone got any idea how to get lots of blue slime balls or get a blue slime to spawn?

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to do the slimy quest. Making an automatic slime tree farm doesn't seem to work with anything?

Anyone got any idea how to get lots of blue slime balls or get a blue slime to spawn?
Make a slime spawner / cursed earth in a slime chunk. i believe there is a recipe that gives you blue slime ball from green slime ball

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
and once you have a blue slime you can use the dictionary from mariculture to transform other slimes into blue

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I forget which mobs adds it but a packager would go down well right now. :p

So to process the ore fragments I got a nice system set up with 3 assemblers and 4 activators. 1 assembler produces the gravel block which outputs to an activator which places the block. Another activator then uses a hammer to smash it. The same with the sand form of the ore. Then a 3rd assembler combines the pulverised ore into dust and imports it into my fledgling AE system. I haven't yet set up a way of auto-processing the dust into ingots yet though. Anyway as cyclic assemblers can only do one task at a time I calculate I would need 27 cyclic assemblers and 36 activators to do this for each ore type and have them all working simultaneously :eek:. Does anyone have any better ways of doing it? At the moment I'm manually swapping over the schematics in each of the assemblers at periodic intervals to change the ore being processed. This also requires me to reset the item in the basic export bus feeding into the assemblers.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I forget which mobs adds it but a packager would go down well right now. :p

So to process the ore fragments I got a nice system set up with 3 assemblers and 4 activators. 1 assembler produces the gravel block which outputs to an activator which places the block. Another activator then uses a hammer to smash it. The same with the sand form of the ore. Then a 3rd assembler combines the pulverised ore into dust and imports it into my fledgling AE system. I haven't yet set up a way of auto-processing the dust into ingots yet though. Anyway as cyclic assemblers can only do only one task at a time I calculate I would need 27 cyclic assemblers and 36 activates to do this for each ore type and have them all working simultaneously :eek:. Does anyone have any better ways of doing it? At the moment I'm manually swapping over the schematics in each of the assemblers at periodic intervals to change the ore being processed. This also requires me to reset the item in the basic export bus feeding into the assemblers.

You can reduce the activators by using 2, 4 or 6 as the placing and smashing combo is pretty fast compared to ore generation. You also use a complicated mechanic to swap out the schematics for the recipes and use fewer cyclics. You could set up a Molecular Assembler for AE and use it in conjunction with interface blocks attached to induction smelters/redstone furnaces, auto activators to automate assembling/smashing/smelting of the ores. There are tons of ways to do it more efficiently and compactly. If you are swimming in ore parts, you can just throw them straight into the TiCon smeltery as it will double the output even when using the tiny bits. Then have fluid ducts with filters outputting to tanks that feed into ingot or block casts that get sucked out by hoppers, item ducts or import buses.

Reactions: MiniMoggie

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
You can reduce the activators by using 2, 4 or 6 as the placing and smashing combo is pretty fast compared to ore generation. You also use a complicated mechanic to swap out the schematics for the recipes and use fewer cyclics. You could set up a Molecular Assembler for AE and use it in conjunction with interface blocks attached to induction smelters/redstone furnaces, auto activators to automate assembling/smashing/smelting of the ores. There are tons of ways to do it more efficiently and compactly. If you are swimming in ore parts, you can just throw them straight into the TiCon smeltery as it will double the output even when using the tiny bits. Then have fluid ducts with filters outputting to tanks that feed into ingot or block casts that get sucked out by hoppers, item ducts or import buses.
I do't even bother. You get so much, i throw it in the smeltery immediately. that 10% extra isn't worth my trouble :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You would be better off throwing the ores in the smeltery directly, then connect several casting tables using filtered fluid ducts for each metal. You will need 2 smelteries to keep the metals from mixing. 3 activators on one sifter will keep pace with a pulverizer running at full speed. piping the liquid metal to a portable tank can get your bucket you need to place in the filter, then when done, just pipe it back into the smeltery.

I thought about building everything out as well, but I have so much metal now, it just isn't worth it. I am a bit lower on iron, so I might build out an assembly line specifically for iron for that extra 10%, but once you get into thaumcraft a bit, you can set up the auto-crucible to convert your other metals into iron, so it's not quite as big of a deal.

If you want to build out the assembly table route, you would need 1 assembler for each ore (27 total), but you only need 2 activators to get it all done. one activator places the blocks, the other activator smashes it with a hammer. The hammers would wear out, so you need another assembler making the hammers for you and feeding into the hammer activator. If it's not fast enough to keep up with your ore output, you may need a 2nd set of activators to smash blocks, but I doubt it.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
A few things:

One, you only need 18 cyclic assembler since the smeltery will take the dust ore not into a block form and get the doubling

Two, two to four set of place/hammer is enough for your hammering (2 on gravel ore, 2 on sand ore)

Three, not worth setting it up unless you use a fortune 3 hammer which requires an autoanvil (with some mob essence and diamond(or the material you use for your hammer) to repair those babies) and a way to repair the hammer when needed.

Four, you can get away with 2 smelteries (aluminum-iron-tin-silver,copper-nickel-platinum-gold-lead) but you need liquiducts with Servo and whitelist to casting bassins (and probably a large smeltery)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
A few things:

One, you only need 18 cyclic assembler since the smeltery will take the dust ore not into a block form and get the doubling

Two, two to four set of place/hammer is enough for your hammering (2 on gravel ore, 2 on sand ore)

Three, not worth setting it up unless you use a fortune 3 hammer which requires an autoanvil (with some mob essence and diamond(or the material you use for your hammer) to repair those babies) and a way to repair the hammer when needed.

Four, you can get away with 2 smelteries (aluminum-iron-tin-silver,copper-nickel-platinum-gold-lead) but you need liquiducts with Servo and whitelist to casting bassins (and probably a large smeltery)
there is biblio craft so you can dupe the enchant book (unless that was also nerfed), thus you only need to keep some copies of the book ready and an auto anvil for the enchant

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get the overworld Natura trees? I know you get the nether tree saplings from soul sand but I haven't come across the others yet.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys for all your responses. I hadn't realised you could throw the fragments directly into the smeltery. hmm. I think I'll play around with the various options and see what comes out the other end. :)