Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
At least during the era of 2.1.X they let mobs spawn on top of the water blast

/me mutters and grumbles....

ah well.. polish pack will have some changes... but I can't really take away a block people are using in large ammounts.. that would be mean.

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
Um no. XU nodes were turned off because in server testing it created more performance issues than properly used TE ducts. Later on the issue with FMP/chunk loading/crucibles and ducts was discovered. But by that point the nodes were already off. And I still have not duplicated the TE duct issues in my private world or my 2 Forge servers. There is more than one thing interacting here, I can however kill a server in 20 mins with XU nodes or open blocks xp machines. And XU conveyers are the same as MFR conveyers except they allow mobs to spawn on top of them. Which defeats all the point of thinking how to build a mobtrap, you just place a couple conveyers in a dark room and walk away. If you dislike the animation... remove it from your texture pack and replace it with a still png.

So in your first complaint : the nodes don't actually reduce lag over properly used ducts. They only reduce lag based on the very odd cross mod issues we found in this pack.
In your second complaint: ANimation is a texture pack issue... turn it off if you don't like it.

And no I am not giving you moving blocks that mobs spawn on and instant cobble gens. I might as well just give you free mob parts and remove the cobble quest.

The idea that TE ducts on their own produce lag is disproved by FTB Lite 2. It is the most stable pack in modded MC. And its the only pack that runs easily on 32 bit operating systems. And it relies on TE to do so. Without the lag issues. Yes there are some odd ball cross mod issues in Ag Skies, they are being fixed in 1.7. Unfortunately I released this as an experimental pack at the end of 1.6. I never expected it to become hugely popular. And by the time it had most mod devs had moved to 1.7. I will not ask them to come back and fix an old version.[DOUBLEPOST=1405936757][/DOUBLEPOST]

resownload server, copy the mods and config folder over. leave the player and world folders alone.
Ah, so it is simple, thanks!

Also, uh, would you happen to know why /help is broken? We installed Forge Essentials, and I'm guessing that did it, but I'm not sure. If it is the plugin, is AS incompatible with certain plugins? (And about the Deep Dark, any way to enable that? >.> )

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, so it is simple, thanks!

Also, uh, would you happen to know why /help is broken? We installed Forge Essentials, and I'm guessing that did it, but I'm not sure. If it is the plugin, is AS incompatible with certain plugins? (And about the Deep Dark, any way to enable that? >.> )
/help seems to be broken every once in a while for everyone, and nobody knows why. Just relog/restart the server or wait a while and it'll prolly start working again

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
/me mutters and grumbles....

ah well.. polish pack will have some changes... but I can't really take away a block people are using in large ammounts.. that would be mean.
Mariculture Geysers?

Never used or heard of them. That's one weakness to the mod pack, there's no quest chains for Mariculture. If you haven't got the basic understanding of what the mod can offer, it will just get overlooked.
Wonders how you'd go about crafting a Geyser now...

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Might wanna look at Mariculture geysers as well :I
I can't imagine they're good for lag.

Um no.
Snip...
Troll of Jadedcat successful :)
Tks for the technical infos. In the 3-4 worlds I've built using this pack, I've run into issues with TE3 ducting. You say 'properly used'. I say they're stoopid in the item/liquid routing dept. But I'm quick to judge and still learning. So I'm probably not using them properly. Either way, I've built much less in this pack, by far, than I have in a 1.5 pack and I'm running into serious lag issues [me thinks tick lag since even with Optifine installed I still have serious lag]. So I'm staying away from mushroom power plants and massive lava gen this time around.

Cause there's a glitch in the code that says the main parts are supposed to be made of metal that somehow makes the whole thing need metal.
Isn't there a config in TiCo? that disables non-metal mattocks? I remember something along those lines when I wanted an obsidian mattock. I gave up on this after I realized they're just as long to lvl as the metal ones I've been using. [Tip: mattocks lvl much faster if you use them to hoe dirt!]

And now the actual reason I came here today. Glowstone slabs [microblocks] give off light. MFR glowstone bricks [regular and large] give off light. MFR glowstone brick (both types) slabs [microblocks] do not emit light. Bug, oversight or intended?

edit: looked and there is a config for metal-only mattocks but it's disabled [by default]?

Last edited:

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the server has been restarted multiple times, and not once has /help worked. It's also not Forge Essentials, as I just learned it didnt work before installing that either. Anyone have any idea why?

(I'm still curious about the Deep Dark, anyone figured out a way to re-enable it?)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
How do I automate the blood altar? Just seen the quest to gather 1000 ritual stones. I tried a hopper, but that just keeps feeding material, so the stones stack, which stops the transformation to slates. The only way I can think off is using AE ME Interface, which is just going to be annoying. Can I insert items from underneath the altar, or is it side only?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
How do I automate the blood altar? Just seen the quest to gather 1000 ritual stones. I tried a hopper, but that just keeps feeding material, so the stones stack, which stops the transformation to slates. The only way I can think off is using AE ME Interface, which is just going to be annoying. Can I insert items from underneath the altar, or is it side only?
It works if it's a full stack it just takes 64x as long.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

Would a AA with a clock work maybe?

CaseyRobinson

Jul 29, 2019
I think I read somewhere that you can use an autonomous activator to place items one at a time, until the last item in the activator. I haven't tried it, I just use hoppers.

You could probably get fancy with 2 AAs and a Rednet Controller if you wanted to have more control.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I thin the lava thing is another TE3 qwerk...the input for the dynamo is in the same block as the output on the crucible, yet all dynamos are being ignored for the empty drum 8 blocks away? I kept an eye on it for a while, turning the drum to output when I noticed the dynamos were't full. Seems ok now.

As for the pick...No XP level indicated, No XP level increase AND I have 4 available modifier slots open? Yet all my other TiCo tools are leveling. This is why it's strange. Like that one item was hard-coded to skip/bypass the leveling.
Fluiducts split fluid output evenly across all exits. That means that while you might have a slight bonus over your magmatic dynamos, your drum is going to fill with the same amount each of your engines is. If that bonus is less than the even split between dynamos and drum, then your dynamos are going to repeatedly run out of lava instead of filling up, until the drum is full. So I'd go with the suggestion to pump lava into your drum, and from the drum to your dynamos. Then you can swap drums later on when it's full, and keep on rolling. Alternately, use Open Blocks tanks in a stack, attaching your overflow output to the upper tank and your dynamos to the lower one. That way you can use the excess lava when it comes, while your dynamos are always fully fueled.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971