Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I understand it, you can never move the spawn chunks. You can move your re-spawn (sleeping in a bed etc) but that does not mean those become the spawn chunks. That never worked that way as far as I know.

Chunkloaders are a good solution, instead of guessing you now know the chunks are loaded :)

In my experience with the flat map, the server spawn is actually quite far away from the island, and ends up quite annoying if you share the game for another player to join (fall to the void, anyone?), or die and don't have a bed, or the game can't "find" your bed.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I have looked high and low for the answer to this question. I am sure the answer is out there I just cant seem to find it. On the hidden quest in Bragging Rights titled "Tinkerer" you are required to craft Cracked Seared Stone, in which there is no provided recipe in NEI. I found on the bug reporting forum (page 112) a reference to using particles to get it to work but have been unable to accomplish this. Please for the love of god and all that is holy help me figure this one out. Ty in advance. :)

The reference you're talking about was a separate issues about jetpacks, and getting crafted jetpacks to recognize for the quest. Not for the Cracked seared stone. Doesn't help, sorry, but figured you should know you're barking up the wrong tree there.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
I have looked high and low for the answer to this question. I am sure the answer is out there I just cant seem to find it. On the hidden quest in Bragging Rights titled "Tinkerer" you are required to craft Cracked Seared Stone, in which there is no provided recipe in NEI. I found on the bug reporting forum (page 112) a reference to using particles to get it to work but have been unable to accomplish this. Please for the love of god and all that is holy help me figure this one out. Ty in advance. :)

Well, you can always make some regular seared bricks, then use the quest book editor, (/hqm if I remember correctly) and complete the quest.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

Found after an exhaustive web search [3rd link down maybe?]

'Try putting seared stone between lava and water and see if that cracks it :D' [corrected for spelling].

I haven't tired it yet tho.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you can always make some regular seared bricks, then use the quest book editor, (/hqm if I remember correctly) and complete the quest.

I will be fixing this quest in the final "polish" release. If someone wants to make a list of any other derped quests to make sure I get them all please do, it would help a lot.

Reactions: jokermatt999

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
I'll ask here as well, as I didn't find this thread until after posting in the main one. Would there be a way to reactivate the Deep Dark? Some people on my server and I wish to go there, but I cannot find anything in the config to re-enable it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, about this final polish release you were talking about, this brings up a question. I'm fairly bad/new with server stuff, so I'm not sure about this: How would one update the server without having to wipe the world/players? Is it as simple as redownloading the server and copying over the player and world files? Or is it a bit more difficult?

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
For polish, I'd either consider removing the sifter quest, or at least tell people NOT to eat the bugs. Since they screw up your food for the rest of the game if you eat a few.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
For polish, I'd either consider removing the sifter quest, or at least tell people NOT to eat the bugs. Since they screw up your food for the rest of the game if you eat a few.
Wait what? What causes that exactly?

Also, if someone was to try to work out a quest line for Mariculture, would you be willing to answer some questions?

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 I have bait give -100 saturation when eaten... As for the questions...Several people have asked me that. I've helped a few of them but honestly it's gotten tiring now.

Lechloan

Jul 29, 2019
I will be fixing this quest in the final "polish" release. If someone wants to make a list of any other derped quests to make sure I get them all please do, it would help a lot.

The first quest, where you just have to craft a wood plank, doesn't register Birch. I'm pretty sure it just registers Oak. The second quest, with the QDE, is missing a hopper.

Huh, they were my main foodsource until I got some seeds and they didn't screw up my food. Which effect do they have normally?

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019

Haven't finished the map yet, but what I have noticed so far,

1. Bragging Rights - Tinkerer: no recipe for cracked bricks, doesn't detect the chiseled bricks after crafting them.
2. Bragging Rights - ??: after completing For the Hoarding - Monster Hunter (I think), a new quest opened under Bragging Rights that asked me to kill 100 monsters. The thing is that, when I killed the 100 mobs, such quest disappeared and got changed by the quest Passive Mobs (which asks to kill 100 passive mobs). Idk if this is intended (a follow up of the monster killing quest) or not, as the original monster-killing quest has totally disappeared from my book.

And I figured I'd add what others have said, just so you can have everything in one place... Guess that what would be best is people copypasting this as they added more bugs (haven't confirmed what comes over here).

3. Learning to Skyblock - The QDS: no hopper

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, they were my main foodsource until I got some seeds and they didn't screw up my food. Which effect do they have normally?
I heard from squeek that saturation can go negative. So you would end up never being fully saturated. As in your hungry always goes down fast. If this isn't true sorry!

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe someone can explain what's happening here. I've got 10 Crucibles feeding 5 Dynamos. The Dynamos are directly underneath the fluiducts pulling lava. Since this system produces excess lava, I'm trying to siphon off the excess into a drum [fluiduct connects to top of drum]. Instead of topping off the dynamos first, all lava produced is going into the drum? Is this another qwerk with TE3?

And another oddity. Had to start over due to lag issues so I'm leveling my tools again. Also switched from HSH map to default flat [the one with Obsidian+Glowstone bricks] map. Decided I'd use the 'Pick of Misfortune' this time around. It isn't leveling. My other TiCo tools are?

Last edited:

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe someone can explain what's happening here. I've got 10 Crucibles feeding 5 Dynamos. The Dynamos are directly underneath the fluiducts pulling lava. Since this system produces excess lava, I'm trying to siphon off the excess into a drum [fluiduct connects to top of drum]. Instead of topping off the dynamos first, all lava produced is going into the drum? Is this another qwerk with TE3?

And another oddity. Had to start over due to lag issues so I'm leveling my tools again. Also switched from HSH map to default flat [the one with Obsidian+Glowstone bricks] map. Decided I'd use the 'Pick of Misfortune' this time around. It isn't leveling. My other TiCo tools are?

Maybe feed the drum, then feed the dynamos from the drum? That way they'll fill up, then any excess produced will fill the drum.

Have you run that pick down to breaking and repaired it (or more than once) and still have seen no upgrades/open modifier slots? Or do you mean the XP level on it isn't going up? Both?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe feed the drum, then feed the dynamos from the drum? That way they'll fill up, then any excess produced will fill the drum.

Have you run that pick down to breaking and repaired it (or more than once) and still have seen no upgrades/open modifier slots? Or do you mean the XP level on it isn't going up? Both?

I thin the lava thing is another TE3 qwerk...the input for the dynamo is in the same block as the output on the crucible, yet all dynamos are being ignored for the empty drum 8 blocks away? I kept an eye on it for a while, turning the drum to output when I noticed the dynamos were't full. Seems ok now.

As for the pick...No XP level indicated, No XP level increase AND I have 4 available modifier slots open? Yet all my other TiCo tools are leveling. This is why it's strange. Like that one item was hard-coded to skip/bypass the leveling.

cm97878

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to my previous question,
I'll ask here as well, as I didn't find this thread until after posting in the main one. Would there be a way to reactivate the Deep Dark? Some people on my server and I wish to go there, but I cannot find anything in the config to re-enable it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, about this final polish release you were talking about, this brings up a question. I'm fairly bad/new with server stuff, so I'm not sure about this: How would one update the server without having to wipe the world/players? Is it as simple as redownloading the server and copying over the player and world files? Or is it a bit more difficult?
I now have a new question. For some reason, the /help command seems to be broken. Would anyone know why this is happening?

This occurs when using /help.
XvlD13N.png

And in the console:
nc11sNL.png

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe. If I had a twitter acct, I'd actually ask this question of Jadedcat directly instead of here, but I'm curious. Does she like lag? Or is she just trolling us with lag by disabling so many lag-reducing items in mods she included in this pack? The 2 that come most easily to mind are both from Extra Utilities...Transfer Node and Conveyor Belt. Transfer Node [items] with mining upgrades allows you to build a decently speedy cobble gen that vastly improves the tick lag problem with cobble gens. And the XU Conveyor has no animations! Plus, the conveyor allows mobs to spawn on it! Why are these disabled? Personally, I think she's forcing use to build using AE for mostly everything. Just my $0.02 rant for the day.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe. If I had a twitter acct, I'd actually ask this question of Jadedcat directly instead of here, but I'm curious. Does she like lag? Or is she just trolling us with lag by disabling so many lag-reducing items in mods she included in this pack? The 2 that come most easily to mind are both from Extra Utilities...Transfer Node and Conveyor Belt. Transfer Node [items] with mining upgrades allows you to build a decently speedy cobble gen that vastly improves the tick lag problem with cobble gens. And the XU Conveyor has no animations! Plus, the conveyor allows mobs to spawn on it! Why are these disabled? Personally, I think she's forcing use to build using AE for mostly everything. Just my $0.02 rant for the day.

Um no. XU nodes were turned off because in server testing it created more performance issues than properly used TE ducts. Later on the issue with FMP/chunk loading/crucibles and ducts was discovered. But by that point the nodes were already off. And I still have not duplicated the TE duct issues in my private world or my 2 Forge servers. There is more than one thing interacting here, I can however kill a server in 20 mins with XU nodes or open blocks xp machines. And XU conveyers are the same as MFR conveyers except they allow mobs to spawn on top of them. Which defeats all the point of thinking how to build a mobtrap, you just place a couple conveyers in a dark room and walk away. If you dislike the animation... remove it from your texture pack and replace it with a still png.

So in your first complaint : the nodes don't actually reduce lag over properly used ducts. They only reduce lag based on the very odd cross mod issues we found in this pack.
In your second complaint: ANimation is a texture pack issue... turn it off if you don't like it.

And no I am not giving you moving blocks that mobs spawn on and instant cobble gens. I might as well just give you free mob parts and remove the cobble quest.

The idea that TE ducts on their own produce lag is disproved by FTB Lite 2. It is the most stable pack in modded MC. And its the only pack that runs easily on 32 bit operating systems. And it relies on TE to do so. Without the lag issues. Yes there are some odd ball cross mod issues in Ag Skies, they are being fixed in 1.7. Unfortunately I released this as an experimental pack at the end of 1.6. I never expected it to become hugely popular. And by the time it had most mod devs had moved to 1.7. I will not ask them to come back and fix an old version.[DOUBLEPOST=1405936757][/DOUBLEPOST]

resownload server, copy the mods and config folder over. leave the player and world folders alone.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
UAnd XU conveyers are the same as MFR conveyers except they allow mobs to spawn on top of them. Which defeats all the point of thinking how to build a mobtrap, you just place a couple conveyers in a dark room and walk away.
Might wanna look at Mariculture geysers as well :I