Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
tried to check out the Ex Nihiklo Sieve recipes. How do I sift Lava/Water?!

Also, my game crashes when I try to open page 7. Any way to avoid that?
To my knowledge, the only way to sift those is in creative mode / be an op with the /give command.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had issues with the QDS and the mushroom soup quest? When I did the milk quest, I could use an AE fluid export bus directly attached to the QDS. When I switched to the mushroom soup quest, I had to place a tank in the middle as a buffer, then connect fluiducts to the qds. Weird. It has been a couple updates since I used the QDS, so that may have been changed in one of the updates.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge, the only way to sift those is in creative mode / be an op with the /give command.

if you really want, I suppose you can take advantage of the bug with extra cells and deep storage units. Set a unconfigured storage bus on an empty deep storage unit.. and extra cells starts dumping source blocks of whatever liquid you have in your system. I've had to throw out about 10k lava source blocks because I ran into this unknowingly.

what does sieving either even give you though?[DOUBLEPOST=1402807678][/DOUBLEPOST]
Has anyone else had issues with the QDS and the mushroom soup quest? When I did the milk quest, I could use an AE fluid export bus directly attached to the QDS. When I switched to the mushroom soup quest, I had to place a tank in the middle as a buffer, then connect fluiducts to the qds. Weird. It has been a couple updates since I used the QDS, so that may have been changed in one of the updates.

AE and QDS don't play well together. Always use tank, otherwise you run into a ton of bugs.. especially the one where you lose massive amounts of the liquid you are submitting.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get amaranth saplings? I cant use NEI to see if there's a recipe because the game always crashes (see my last post).

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
if you really want, I suppose you can take advantage of the bug with extra cells and deep storage units. Set a unconfigured storage bus on an empty deep storage unit.. and extra cells starts dumping source blocks of whatever liquid you have in your system. I've had to throw out about 10k lava source blocks because I ran into this unknowingly.
For the record they're not source blocks, they're items from Extra Cells. Each item is 0.001 buckets.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues crafting enderium blend using the ae fluid crafting chamber from extra cells. I have it set for creating the fresh milk and fresh water for pam's harvestcraft just fine, but it doesn't seem to want to craft the enderium blend. I can always go the old fashioned route of crafting a bucket in a fluid transposer, but that seems kinda silly as the fluid crafting chamber I thought was supposed to alleviate that. I also just tried to drop an actual resonant ender bucket in the system, and it just got consumed without actually crafting anything. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
A few issues popped up at my end (again):

-Ex Nihilo Dusts/Sands/Gravels do no longer smelt in the High Oven. Did that change? I am pretty sure that they should be smeltable in a high oven. NEI does only show the smeltery recipe and I was able to smelt them before I upgraded to 2.1.8. Temperature is not an issue since I hit the ceiling with 6k°C.

-Is it possible Amaranth Sapling are not compatible with MFR-Planters? Apparently they are but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Not like there's a lot you can do wrong with placing a sapling in a machine... Are there any other no-planter saplings?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
-Is it possible Amaranth Sapling are not compatible with MFR-Planters? Apparently they are but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Not like there's a lot you can do wrong with placing a sapling in a machine... Are there any other no-planter saplings?
This is correct. Amaranth saplings are not compatible with MFR machines.

JmzLost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues crafting enderium blend using the ae fluid crafting chamber from extra cells. I have it set for creating the fresh milk and fresh water for pam's harvestcraft just fine, but it doesn't seem to want to craft the enderium blend. I can always go the old fashioned route of crafting a bucket in a fluid transposer, but that seems kinda silly as the fluid crafting chamber I thought was supposed to alleviate that. I also just tried to drop an actual resonant ender bucket in the system, and it just got consumed without actually crafting anything. :(

What am I doing wrong?

Check to make sure you don't have the recipe in both your MAC and fluid crafting chamber. I had it in both, and got the same result you are getting (no crafting, buckets just disappear).

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
For the record they're not source blocks, they're items from Extra Cells. Each item is 0.001 buckets.

ah didn't realize that.. i just figured they were from vanilla because of the texture

guess that means I could have recovered them somehow? oh well

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
guess that means I could have recovered them somehow? oh well
All you would need to do is connect the chest to the AE network again (or another AE network) and pull it out using the fluid interface/export bus/terminal.

But 10000 items is 10 buckets - maybe not worth the effort.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Besides the aqueous accumulator, are there any water generation methods in AgS? I know there are weather machines, but I am looking for a more reliable way to create water.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Besides the aqueous accumulator, are there any water generation methods in AgS? I know there are weather machines, but I am looking for a more reliable way to create water.

Terrain smasher pointing at a water source.

What's wrong with aqueous accumulators?

Reactions: pizzawolf14