Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You could use the ExtraCells fluid transition plane, have a bunch of AA's pointed at low, with buckets at an infinite water source, pipe filled buckets out via itemducts into AA's pointed at an area where the water would eventually reach the transition plane, then pipe the empty buckets back.

You could scale this indefinitely, to infinite.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Terrain smasher pointing at a water source.

What's wrong with aqueous accumulators?

I just need lots and lots of water. I was looking toward AE for filling my high ovens to create steam, and while it can do that perfectly fine, the cost of getting water into the AE system isn't worth it. It is power positive, but by the time you import, then export all the water, it severely cuts into my power generation. It was adding about 900RF/tick for water input, then another 300RF/tick for the water output. I never realized the fluid interfaces were so expensive to run for water intake. The interfaces cost 3 times what it costs for using an export bus directly (in full bucket mode). That was using over 1/2 my steam production. I've switched over to spamming AA's and scorched ducts everywhere to move things fast enough. I'm up to about 55 buckets of steam every 60 ticks. Not quite as fast as 60 buckets in 45 ticks with AE, but a hell of a lot cheaper to run.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
You could use the ExtraCells fluid transition plane, have a bunch of AA's pointed at low, with buckets at an infinite water source, pipe filled buckets out via itemducts into AA's pointed at an area where the water would eventually reach the transition plane, then pipe the empty buckets back.

You could scale this indefinitely, to infinite.
Totally would work man.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I just need lots and lots of water. I was looking toward AE for filling my high ovens to create steam, and while it can do that perfectly fine, the cost of getting water into the AE system isn't worth it. It is power positive, but by the time you import, then export all the water, it severely cuts into my power generation. It was adding about 900RF/tick for water input, then another 300RF/tick for the water output. I never realized the fluid interfaces were so expensive to run for water intake. The interfaces cost 3 times what it costs for using an export bus directly (in full bucket mode). That was using over 1/2 my steam production. I've switched over to spamming AA's and scorched ducts everywhere to move things fast enough. I'm up to about 55 buckets of steam every 60 ticks. Not quite as fast as 60 buckets in 45 ticks with AE, but a hell of a lot cheaper to run.
Aqueous accumulators don't need to go through AE..

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Aqueous accumulators don't need to go through AE..

True, but I was going for the speed of AE. It can move water a lot faster than fluiducts can, and a lot more precisely. The faster you can get water in the high oven, the more RF/tick you generate.

Totally would work man.

It might. I will have to check it out. I did however already convert one of my high ovens over to fluiducts, so at least it's power generation is totally free. I'm generating a little over 2100RF/tick right now. 59-60 buckets of steam (each worth 2000 RF), and my timer is set for 55ticks. I have 25 AAs feeding into 26 mariculture tanks (buffer), then pulling out of there with fluiducts dumping into 40 scorched drains on the high oven. 19 ticks to pull water gives me a max of 60000mB, but most often 59360mB. I'm activating the fluiducts with MFR rednet for precise the timing. Anything over 60000mB won't generate steam in the high oven.

The extra scorched drains are there to empty the fluiduct as fast as possible. Steam won't start flowing until the fluiducts are completely empty and all the water has been converted to steam.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the most engineer'd solution would be this.

Make a pool, whether you can expand it up-down, its width, or both, you will need at least one. Have as many Aq. A as you can fit into there, while not being inefficient (i.e. as many water source blocks around them).

Feed that water into a tank, then pipe from the tank to your high oven. If the water level decreases, add more Aq. A. If it stays at max, you know you have enough. This is the best, and least resource intensive way to find the optimum number of shit that you need to fuck this shit.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019

Make a pool, whether you can expand it up-down, its width, or both, you will need at least one. Have as many Aq. A as you can fit into there, while not being inefficient (i.e. as many water source blocks around them).

Feed that water into a tank, then pipe from the tank to your high oven. If the water level decreases, add more Aq. A. If it stays at max, you know you have enough. This is the best, and least resource intensive way to find the optimum number of shit that you need to fuck this shit.
From what everyone says about how high ovens work, that won't quite work, I think.
And could you please not curse so unnecessarily. The moderators on here are lax on cursing but if you curse so much, you'll eventually get in trouble.

Reactions: Padfoote

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

Feed that water into a tank, then pipe from the tank to your high oven. If the water level decreases, add more Aq. A. If it stays at max, you know you have enough. This is the best, and least resource intensive way to find the optimum number

I can already spam AAs. I was just hoping for another method to use in AgS. I replaced 3 blocks using AE with about 80 using AAs, tanks, and tons of extra fluiducts and MFR rednet connections. I don't like using so many tile entities to get something done. My computer doesn't like it either. I already had to load optifine to keep the world playable due to render lag; I was hoping for something a bit more efficient.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Aq. A are the only solution that doesn't involve updating water blocks, since water just "accumulates". The fastest way might be buildcraft pumps, but BC isn't in AS.

AE is actually quite unnecessary, and can be a bottleneck. Liquiducts all the way. You should have sufficient surface area to attach multiple powered outputs off the multiple tanks you are using as a buffer. The more tanks, the more breathing space you have to figure out the balance.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I can already spam AAs. I was just hoping for another method to use in AgS. I replaced 3 blocks using AE with about 80 using AAs, tanks, and tons of extra fluiducts and MFR rednet connections. I don't like using so many tile entities to get something done. My computer doesn't like it either. I already had to load optifine to keep the world playable due to render lag; I was hoping for something a bit more efficient.
You could actually re-enable transfer nodes, because those with speed upgrades can pull 64 buckets of water/pull

They are disabled by default in AgS, but that's only a config option away in the extra utilities configuration

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
And in the end, you might as well use the BR that you used to generate the blue shit to build your turbine shit, to produce the steam, since it is always more efficient to convert it into a steam producing reactor, apparently.