Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone having trouble with Gravel Ore not smelting in the steelworks oven anymore?

Oven is at 5500 C

Tried loading up my old AS world where I had gravel ore smelting and it crashed. Crash log says Nullpointer in the HighOvenLogic getSolidMixedResultFor function (line 526).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xt502u3t0lq8pr/crash-2014-06-11_12.46.16-server.txt
To my knowledge, it's not meant to work in the high oven due to it not being "pure" enough, only the dust ores have ever worked for me in the high oven, but everything works in the smeltery

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge, it's not meant to work in the high oven due to it not being "pure" enough, only the dust ores have ever worked for me in the high oven, but everything works in the smeltery
Strange,,, My old world did smelt the gravel ore without issue. If it hadn't I'd never have moved over from my smelteries.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I'd be tempted to put in tesseract transmission after AE, because they have no limit
Will the ability of AE to hand fluids, at a scaling cost of energy, scale slower then the gain in power from moving the additonal water and steam?

The most expensive practical transfer for ae is transferring water at 250mb/tick at 30 ae/tick. Even at this rate, it is only costing 30 rf, but you are producing about 200 rf/tick during this same period. So definitely a gain.

Tesseracts might be the best option, but I have not used them enough to know. You have limits in what the oven can use at once, and would have to know precisely how much water could be sent through in one tick as everything else has to be built around it.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
it just happens that I built my blood altar at a less-then-optimal place but I don't want to tear everything down again. NEI showed some kind of pipes for/from blood magic but I haven't seen anyone mention them, does that mean they are still a WIP?
Right now I intend to "manually" get my altar up to tier 4, make a teleposer and use that to teleport villagers under my blood altar block. The stabbing will be done by a Autonomous Activator and everything can be shut off with a lever.
Or is there a way to kill villagers somewhere and save the "blood" in the AE system?
It kinda feels... efficient?... to store all that live somewhere.

Man, now I feel so evil just for thinking that.

Last edited:

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
it just happens that I built my blood altar at a less-then-optimal place but I don't want to tear everything down again. NEI showed some kind of pipes for/from blood magic but I haven't seen anyone mention them, does that mean they are still a WIP?
Right now I intend to "manually" get my altar up to tier 4, make a teleposer and use that to teleport villagers under my blood altar block. The stabbing will be done by a Autonomous Activator and everything can be shut off with a lever.
Or is there a way to kill villagers somewhere and save the "blood" in the AE system?

I don't know about that, but it can be piped out, albeit slowly, with fluiducts.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019

The max transfer speed is 20 * 1.2^x mb per time unit. x is the number of rune of disslocation.
Max is 22 orbs for 1000 mb per time unit (Well, slightly less).

Not sure how long the time unit is but I'd guess its about a second?

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about that, but it can be piped out, albeit slowly, with fluiducts.

The max transfer speed is 20 * 1.2^x mb per time unit. x is the number of rune of disslocation.
Max is 22 orbs for 1000 mb per time unit (Well, slightly less).

Not sure how long the time unit is but I'd guess its about a second?

Does that mean Fluid Import/Export Busses are also under a speed restrictionß

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
Does that mean Fluid Import/Export Busses are also under a speed restrictionß
Yes, the blood altar has two tanks, the first one is the one expanded by runes of dislocation and is the one that can be used by fluiducts and export/import busses. Default size is 20 mb and max is 1000 mb. The size of this tank decides how much you can input or output to/from the altar.

The other tank is the one that is used to infuse items with, with a default size of 10 000 mb (or LP). There's a rune that can increase it by 1500 mb per rune.

Last edited:

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
One last question: if the tank on the altar is "full" will the export bus stop pumping blood in or will the altar act like a portal into the void and waste it?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
One last question: if the tank on the altar is "full" will the export bus stop pumping blood in or will the altar act like a portal into the void and waste it?
When the tank is full, it acts the same as a full tank (i.e. rejects further filling). I, personally, have an autospawner of villagers underneath a Tier 4 altar stocked with a combination of sacrifice and dislocation runes, pumping out into my AE system (via tesseract), and then back into another Tier 4, with dislocation and speed runes. With this I have a 9kilo bucket essence excess (at which point I figured that I ought to turn off the ritual and the spawner).

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the help everyone. Now I can't wait to go back to my world and say something along the lines of "Oh no! All my discs are full of blood! D:"
^^

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there a "hidden" use for all this Flint, Thaumcraft Amber and Forestry Apatite you get from the sieves? It's crazy how much you get.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a "hidden" use for all this Flint, Thaumcraft Amber and Forestry Apatite you get from the sieves? It's crazy how much you get.

Apatite crafts into fertilizer which you can then put into the MFR fertilizer to speed up plant growth.

The other two I never found a real use for.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
The amber blocks make nice translucent windows. Putting lights behind them gives houses with amber windows a really nice "lived in" glow.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
there's a note that there is a side effect to sacrificing villagers... have any of you noticed it, with the slaughter of millions?
Not so far..
I'm thinking perhaps it has something to do with the config option changing mode to the orb instead of the knife

For me I've been sacrificing mine manually and holding their hands right to the end, and still haven't had anything bad happen so far, except for excessive honking.

EDIT: on that note, if we use a well of suffering on the villagers, do they give an increased amount of blood or are they then like everything else and give 10 LP/half heart

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't it mentioned that this "Karma" mechanic wasn't implemented yet? Right now 99% of the people using the mod feed villagers into their altars because its much more efficient then the alternative AND because there is no drawback (yet).

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I feed witches to my Blood Altar. They don't tend to die, but I have an MFR spawner in there in case they despawn. I have more LP than I can use, currently.

Different note.. is there an easy way of getting royal jelly? So far I've just been getting hit and miss on getting the right bees..

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
there's a note that there is a side effect to sacrificing villagers... have any of you noticed it, with the slaughter of millions?

There is no side effect. The warning is the remnets of a previous plan Way had for the mod.
Not so far..
I'm thinking perhaps it has something to do with the config option changing mode to the orb instead of the knife

That's all the "IHateFun" config option does, or however it's actually spelled. It just changes out the knife.

Reactions: Adonis0

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I feed witches to my Blood Altar. They don't tend to die, but I have an MFR spawner in there in case they despawn. I have more LP than I can use, currently.

Different note.. is there an easy way of getting royal jelly? So far I've just been getting hit and miss on getting the right bees..
Imperial bees give royal jelly fairly consistently. You'll need Cultivated and higher to get there.