Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I see. I was wondering why I couldn't summon one! Yea the Blood Magic portion of the wiki is terribly uninformative. I guess I'll continue with the other pages and rework those, too. I may have some questions for you along the way, Padfoote.

I'll be glad to help. That isn't the one I maintain, so I won't touch it. Good to see someone actually making it informative.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
so, my most recent cash report is showing this:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 6/9/14 2:33 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.getFluidID(FluidRegistry.java:115)
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.Fluid.getID(Fluid.java:182)
at exnihilo.blocks.tileentities.TileEntityCrucible.isFluidValid(TileEntityCrucible.java:262)
at exnihilo.blocks.tileentities.TileEntityCrucible.func_102007_a(TileEntityCrucible.java:549)
at cofh.util.InventoryHelper.simulateInsertItemStackIntoInventory(InventoryHelper.java:163)
at thermalexpansion.util.Utils.canAddToInventory(Utils.java:121)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.canRouteItem(ConduitItem.java:422)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.bounceItem(TravelingItem.java:153)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.tickForward(TravelingItem.java:71)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.tickItems(ConduitItem.java:212)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.doOutput(ConduitItem.java:105)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.GridItem.doGridUpdate(GridItem.java:63)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.GridTickHandler.tickEnd(GridTickHandler.java:76)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

What I am getting from that is there is an error with itemducts putting cobble in the crucibles? Does this mean I have to stop using crucibles?

Can someone please help me with this. Not having lava is crippling my entire system.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please help me with this. Not having lava is crippling my entire system.
If it's the usual itemduct-crucible bug (IF it is), that's caused by itemducts not being able to tell that a crucible is full, and pulling more cobble in to fill it. Eventually causing so much cobble to fill the pipes that the game crashes.

Solved by piping into hoppers first, which can tell that crucibles are full.

Reactions: Padfoote

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If it's the usual itemduct-crucible bug (IF it is), that's caused by itemducts not being able to tell that a crucible is full, and pulling more cobble in to fill it. Eventually causing so much cobble to fill the pipes that the game crashes.

Be weary wary of hoppers. They can do a number on your server tick rate if not used sparingly.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Another method (that I use) is to have the igneous extruder sitting on top of the crucible
Yes, a little wasteful as one extruder can feed multiple crucibles, but it works

ostPavel

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone wanted to do Blood Magic summoning, read the wiki article on it, and determined it wasn't very good.. I went ahead and rewrote the entire thing, and added formatting and clearer pictures. The previous article was a copy/paste from the mod topic on the MC forum.

http://ftbwiki.org/Summoning
Thanks. You might want to contact Gxam as he was updating some of the Blood Magic articles on the wiki, too.

edit: changed the way the pictures are displayed, gallery images are too small :p

Last edited:

toiletzombie

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I was wondering since their isn't an Induction Furnace in this pack, what is the fastest way to cook things? I am trying to set up me AE system and redstone furances seem so slow compared to the IC Induction Furnaces.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I was wondering since their isn't an Induction Furnace in this pack, what is the fastest way to cook things? I am trying to set up me AE system and redstone furances seem so slow compared to the IC Induction Furnaces.
Set up your AE to put items into a chest, and then from that chest, pull things out with an item duct set to round robin mode. then from there have it attached to many redstone furnaces, and it will distribute them between them all

Else, for selected things, either a high oven, or a large TiCo smeltery are good options, but they can't smelt everything

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019

http://www.mobiusstrip.eu/2013/12/05/evoc-1-0-0-mobiuscore-1-0-4/

Evoc ( Extreme Vanilla Optimizations Collection ) is a new core mod aimed at providing server side optimizations for slow Vanilla TEs. This coremod is not aimed at changing the gameplay in any way, just get ride of a few corner cases in TileEntities triggering lag.

Right now, it targets 3 TileEntities.

1. The hopper : Vanilla hoppers tend to hammer the server in one of those cases : Hopper is empty, hopper is completly full, no room in target inventory or source inventory empty. All those cases have been taken care of, providing a 10-folds reduction in update time for idle hoppers (from ~40µs down to ~4µs).
  2. The furnace : A furnace without carburant or internal heat but with a stack on top (typical idle furnace) was taking as long to update as a running furnace. That has been taken care of, and provides a 10-folds reduction in update time (from ~10µs to below ~1µs).
  3. The spawner : A fully lighted up spawner with a player around (classical below base spawner) could start hammering the server and reach a whooping ~300µs in update time. This value has been reduced to ~3µs by providing a delay in case there is no spot where the spawner can actually spawn things. This is a 100-folds decrease in update time.

Reactions: trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have FINIALLY finished, I've been putting off completing the last quests (already had mined the nether enough for iridium)
Which were the cooking ones. So it was just a case of cooking and farming >.<
Very fun map, though I wouldnt do it again if the grind is so much as it was this time.

Hardest quest: Lettuce. 50K Lettuce is insane to get with a max size harvester and constant supply of fertilizer if on singleplayer and refusing to afk XD

Rating: 8/10
Too grindy for some quests and some of them are downright tedious, good job @Jadedcat !!!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I think looking at the quests, they should be broken down into two levels. One level to get a 1000 of a resource, followed by a further quest to get the massive quantities that need the grind/time. Would cater for more players, and allow for proof that you can setup the basic automation, and that you are able/have time, to go to the next step and get mass production running.

Quests are too aimed at the moment for "server" chunkloaded play (or AFKish play - due to hunger overhaul).

Still a good map that's close to the heart of "Feed The Beast" (using it mainly myself as a learning tool for some of the newer mods), but I do prefer the old map in 1.2.5 days with EE2, where you had to use vanilla systems to get your EMC income, and convert that to resources you needed, figuring out what you could actually make, and then figuring out what the Quest Rewards can unlock for you.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I think looking at the quests, they should be broken down into two levels. One level to get a 1000 of a resource, followed by a further quest to get the massive quantities that need the grind/time. Would cater for more players, and allow for proof that you can setup the basic automation, and that you are able/have time, to go to the next step and get mass production running.

Quests are too aimed at the moment for "server" chunkloaded play (or AFKish play - due to hunger overhaul).

Still a good map that's close to the heart of "Feed The Beast" (using it mainly myself as a learning tool for some of the newer mods), but I do prefer the old map in 1.2.5 days with EE2, where you had to use vanilla systems to get your EMC income, and convert that to resources you needed, figuring out what you could actually make, and then figuring out what the Quest Rewards can unlock for you.

The quests are aimed at SSP. The aprox time line is 2-3 months for single player. It is not an FTB map. And the "old" map has nothing to do with Ag Skies.