Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Since peat is mostly junk in this map, you send the peat to an ME condenser, just like all the flint you get from sifting.

Are you sure it's junk? You never know what may come up in a quest you haven't made it to.... Just sayin. ;)

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
i bred some sinister queen using gendustry and i can't figure out what type of flower it needs. i have the hell biome over ride and even when placed in the nether it still wouldn't work. nether rack, nether brick or lava didn't work, ideas?

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried 2.1.8 yet? I was reading the change log and there has been some nice updates since 2.1.6. I like how I can now have the ability to put armor on Jetpacks.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I get a lot of these:

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Daisy, daisy...

Time: 6/5/14 8:47 PM
Description: Exception in world tick

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76607_a(Chunk.java:1465)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72463_a(NetClientHandler.java:775)
    at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet51MapChunk.func_73279_a(Packet51MapChunk.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

While just doing general things. I can't pinpoint a specific cause.

Are you running vanilla AgS, or have you added one of those "performance enhancing" mods that tries to multithread ticks? As the crash clearly implicates multi threaded access to a non thread safe data type.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The thing I am kinda bummed at in this new 2.1.8 update is that you can convert rotten heats to full ones. I chucked mine over into the void already.. :(

DaLynxx

Jul 29, 2019
ok,

Apart from the "Bragging Rights" quest line, only 1 quest left. The "Magnetic Personality". 8 level 8 magnets... hm... Ok, the Cobble stone was a quite time consuming... but this is quite annoying as well.
Have anyone else calculated the total resources needed. (I tend to run out of Gold mainly)?

Anyway here are the numbers (The enderstones needed is calculated as 1 Ender Pearl + 1 sand)
So to create 8 level 8 magnets it takes...
Iron 34816
Gold 36864
Ender Pearl 4096
Redstone 26624
Sand 2048
Blaze Powder 2048
Diamonds 2048
Nether Quartz 32768

Anyone getting the same result, ... or largely different?

UPDATE 1: Spelling error + Added question at the end

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running vanilla AgS, or have you added one of those "performance enhancing" mods that tries to multithread ticks? As the crash clearly implicates multi threaded access to a non thread safe data type.

Yes, I have Optifine. Optifine was my first suspect. I removed it. Still experienced the crash. My friend experiences the same crashes on the server without Optifine.

ok,

Apart from the "Bragging Rights" quest line, only 1 quest left. The "Magnetic Personality". 8 level 8 magnets... hm... Ok, the Cobble stone was a quite time consuming... but this is quite annoying as well.
Have anyone else calculated the total resources needed. (I tend to run out of Gold mainly)?

Anyway here are the numbers (The enderstones needed is calculated as 1 Ender Pearl + 1 sand)
Iron 34816
Gold 36864
Ender Pearl 4096
Redstone 26624
Sand 2048
Blaze Powder 2048
Diamonds 2048
Nether Quartz 32768

Sounds about right. But I recommend 1 ender pearl + 5 obsidian = 5 endstone. Obsidian is easier to make than sand, but costs a little more in lava.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I get a lot of these:

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Daisy, daisy...

Time: 6/5/14 8:47 PM
Description: Exception in world tick

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76607_a(Chunk.java:1465)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72463_a(NetClientHandler.java:775)
    at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet51MapChunk.func_73279_a(Packet51MapChunk.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

While just doing general things. I can't pinpoint a specific cause.

This is caused when mod A does something to a block or item and at the same time mod B attempt to do something to the same block or item. It is usually a sign that the player is on a server using MCPC+ or some other multi-thread modification. It is rarely a direct issue with mods. And it is next to impossible to pinpoint.[DOUBLEPOST=1402346072][/DOUBLEPOST]
The thing I am kinda bummed at in this new 2.1.8 update is that you can convert rotten heats to full ones. I chucked mine over into the void already.. :(

Never throw anything away in Ag Skies... except vines, those are fairly useless after a point.[DOUBLEPOST=1402346114][/DOUBLEPOST]
No trolling allowed. :p

Actually there is a quest for peat...

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
This is caused when mod A does something to a block or item and at the same time mod B attempt to do something to the same block or item. It is usually a sign that the player is on a server using MCPC+ or some other multi-thread modification. It is rarely a direct issue with mods. And it is next to impossible to pinpoint.[DOUBLEPOST=1402346072][/DOUBLEPOST]

I understand what a concurrent modification error is, but that was a good explanation. We use vanilla Agrarian Skies for the server, and I have Optifine. The problem persists when Optifine is removed. My friend does not use Optifine, and gets these errors.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I understand what a concurrent modification error is, but that was a good explanation. We use vanilla Agrarian Skies for the server, and I have Optifine. The problem persists when Optifine is removed. My friend does not use Optifine, and gets these errors.

Drat.. then we are at the near impossible to pinpoint stage :(

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Is this enough stability to combat a moderate instability infusion?
2014-06-09_14.48.39.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Never throw anything away in Ag Skies... except vines, those are fairly useless after a point.

Great! Hopefully there is finally a use for all the barrels of flint I've been collecting. :p

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Never throw anything away in Ag Skies... except vines, those are fairly useless after a point.[DOUBLEPOST=1402346114][/DOUBLEPOST]

I thought vines were compostable, but I can't remember for sure now...

As for the peat, I was trying to be helpful without outright saying it was needed and spoiling it. Maybe netmc was being the troll in this case...

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
ok,

Iron 34816
Gold 36864
Ender Pearl 4096
Redstone 26624
Sand 2048
Blaze Powder 2048
Diamonds 2048
Nether Quartz 32768

If it's endstone you need, you can put glowstone dust in a stone barrel of lava.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I thought vines were compostable, but I can't remember for sure now...

As for the peat, I was trying to be helpful without outright saying it was needed and spoiling it. Maybe netmc was being the troll in this case...

Not really trying to troll. I honestly thought it was useless. I have never seen it mentioned in any of the LPs or in the previous 130 pages here. At least now we know from the jaded one that everything is needed except vines.

Last night I finally finished the learning to sky block quest chain and have started with the milk quest and cobble madness. So far I am about 10% done with the milk and I have 3 quadruple compressed cobblestone. I am feeding about 50 extruders into a cyclic assembler chain. It might take a little while, but I spent the last week or so just rearranging my base, so it should still be done before too long.

FYI, it only takes 6 cows for a rancher to run continuously.