Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
What is the temperature in the oven?
This has been happening at low temperatures (so < 2000 as that's what it reaches before the first ingot is smelted from cold) whilst it's also happening at high (6000). Tested it at a few to see if temperature has an effect on it, and it doesn't seem to from my testing.

Sometimes it seems like it smelts a 2:1 iron to steel ratio, sometimes it's a 1:1 iron to steel, and others it chews up 3 stacks of iron with no output whatsoever... >.>

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
This has been happening at low temperatures (so < 2000 as that's what it reaches before the first ingot is smelted from cold) whilst it's also happening at high (6000). Tested it at a few to see if temperature has an effect on it, and it doesn't seem to from my testing.

Sometimes it seems like it smelts a 2:1 iron to steel ratio, sometimes it's a 1:1 iron to steel, and others it chews up 3 stacks of iron with no output whatsoever... >.>
From my testing, It's 1300 for steam, just a couple hundred below 3000 for steel.

Really I only use it for the occasional thing until I set up something to use steam for since I really have no interest in Big Reactors. Might just make the steam turbine and power the turbine with the oven.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, the zen of slow lava and obsidian production. My life now has purpose again.

I have 20 crucibles running with fire under them, and it is still slow production. I just plopped a barrel on top of my igneous extruder and let it create the obsidian while I go and do other things. It's been a couple of in game weeks, and I still only up to about 3/4 of a barrel. After my barrel gets filled, I'll likely switch over to nitor under the crucibles as I really hate the continuous sound of the fires.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I have 20 crucibles running with fire under them, and it is still slow production. I just plopped a barrel on top of my igneous extruder and let it create the obsidian while I go and do other things. It's been a couple of in game weeks, and I still only up to about 3/4 of a barrel. After my barrel gets filled, I'll likely switch over to nitor under the crucibles as I really hate the continuous sound of the fires.

Use sound mufflers. I got plenty from reward bags, didn't even have to craft any.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Use sound mufflers. I got plenty from reward bags, didn't even have to craft any.

I have one already.. The only problems with sound mufflers is that is muffles *all* sound, and I don't get to hear the cool *swoosh* sound the open blocks elevator makes when it is used. :oops:

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019

I'm using the Smeltery to make it. Cause I'm to lazy to make another extruder.

Reactions: netmc

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. Since peat fired engines are disabled, what should I use the peat for? I'm getting it from my Sludge Boiler.[DOUBLEPOST=1402241422][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you make obsidian in a smeltery?
Input water... and lava...
Pour into block casts...

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you made obsidian in the smeltery by combining water and lava.
I have not tried it.

EDIT: As in, it makes liquid obsidian, that you then pour out into casts/blocks.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question. Since peat fired engines are disabled, what should I use the peat for? I'm getting it from my Sludge Boiler.[DOUBLEPOST=1402241422][/DOUBLEPOST]
Input water... and lava...
Pour into block casts...

I never knew you could do that. It makes sense though. I just think it would be rather hard to get the ratio right if you tried just piping in the liquids.

A... A what in a what now?

A singularity. You create a singularity in an ME condenser. It is used for connecting far flung areas to the same ME network. It will work across dimensions.

Edit: Since peat is mostly junk in this map, you send the peat to an ME condenser, just like all the flint you get from sifting.

Reactions: trunksbomb

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
I never knew you could do that. It makes sense though. I just think it would be rather hard to get the ratio right if you tried just piping in the liquids.
Just... put in equal amounts. I do hardened tanks of water and lava. I get 16 blocks at a time.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Just... put in equal amounts. I do hardened tanks of water and lava. I get 16 blocks at a time.

I can do that manually, I really meant automating it. I kinda like the setup and forget type things, so was wondering how you did it. I thought you had fully automated it.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
What am I doing wrong with my infusion alter?
2014-06-08_09.56.47.png

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I get a lot of these:

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Daisy, daisy...

Time: 6/5/14 8:47 PM
Description: Exception in world tick

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76607_a(Chunk.java:1465)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72463_a(NetClientHandler.java:775)
    at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet51MapChunk.func_73279_a(Packet51MapChunk.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:462)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72551_d(NetClientHandler.java:281)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72835_b(WorldClient.java:99)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1930)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

While just doing general things. I can't pinpoint a specific cause.