Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Random crashes might be due to the lava crucibles. They cause memory issues. I get unusual lag in my single player game, which vanished when I removed the 5 crucibles that I had placed. I even had a crash once loading my world which showed ticking error and it reported the exhilo stone barrel as the cause.

Did the lag go away when the crucibles were removed, or the thermal expansion ducting delivering stone to the crucibles was removed. I don't wish to unfairly point fingers at a certain mod :p but thermal expansion ducting was implicated in EVERY crash and chronic laggieness my server suffered.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
At that point, I hadn't even automated anything apart from the removal of the lava. I was filling the crucibles manually. Lag was occuring before I even plumbed in the pipework to take the lava away.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Question. What were you doing before the crashes started?

Quite literally anything. The crash will come exactly when I do something. That something is random. Sometimes it is placing a block, other
times it is opening a chest or my inventory. There seems to be no pattern.

Edit: I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but a random explosion happened when I chopped a greatwood log, and then I got a crash. Please Help!

Random crashes might be due to the lava crucibles. They cause memory issues. I get unusual lag in my single player game, which vanished when I removed the 5 crucibles that I had placed. I even had a crash once loading my world which showed ticking error and it reported the exhilo stone barrel as the cause.

That's probbly not it. I have no lag (my comp is amazing) and the crashes didn't get any worse or more frequent after I built a lavagen Island (64 crucibles).

Edit: I'm getting a message telling me Aroma Backup needs updating. Seeing how it is the only thing keeping my world alive, can someone tell me how to update it?

Last edited:

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
What about wisps? They arn't trapped b a conveyor belt.

Besides, The major problem for me is that my only big sized magic biome is far away from the rest of my base. Most to the time, I will be too far away from it to work.

Edit: I can't seem to find a mob router on the FTB wiki.

How do you get that much leather? I have a cowfarm, but it can't produce the multiple stacks needed for that many nets.
Wisps will be caught by a conveyor belt if they pass through the block it's in, which happens now and then (it happens to me, too, when I'm flying around inside with a jetpack, adjusting things). It's why wisps in a conveyor-based mob trap end up gathering in the drop zone, even if they never fly out.

The mob router is an MFR block which you pair with conveyors to send mobs of a particular type in a particular direction. As with the planter, and the item and enchantment routers, the colors on the block's outside match up to the colors in its GUI. Look up its recipe in NEI. By the way, if you set up a disenchanter, you can use the enchantment router to help auto-disenchant mob drops before you send them to their ultimate fate.

As for how you get lots of leather, you can auto-spawn cows (most of us have plenty of mob essence), or you can use a breeder and chronotyper to send your animals to the grinder (you'll want a good wheat farm). Grinders don't kill baby animals.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to use the staff core of the primal? I infused all the staff cores but now that I try to add thaumium caps I am told I need ~153 essentisa in my wand (80% crafting cost with thaumium capped silverwoodwand & Thaumaturge Robes). How am I supposed to get all these if the silverwood wand can store 100 at most?

Tried to add Frugal via Infusion Enchanting but the infusion matrix stay inert when I place everything.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well, on 2.1.5 AgS on my server we were getting crashes occasionally from the mariculture fishing net. It was hard to track down because it only activates randomly, which meant that we crashed really erratically (only when I was online because I was the only one with them though)

So perhaps that may be a problem?

Is there a way to use the staff core of the primal? I infused all the staff cores but now that I try to add thaumium caps I am told I need ~153 essentisa in my wand (80% crafting cost with thaumium capped silverwoodwand & Thaumaturge Robes). How am I supposed to get all these if the silverwood wand can store 100 at most?

Tried to add Frugal via Infusion Enchanting but the infusion matrix stay inert when I place everything.
I don't believe you're meant to. You're not meant to have a high capacity staff with a massive vis discount

netmc

Jul 29, 2019

In 1.6.4, you can't. It isn't possible. I believe using the sanguine helm from blood magic and a wand focus with frugal III, you can use silver caps. Otherwise, gold is the best you can do.

Edit: (Also wearing full thaumcraft robe set)

Reactions: Padfoote

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Well, on 2.1.5 AgS on my server we were getting crashes occasionally from the mariculture fishing net. It was hard to track down because it only activates randomly, which meant that we crashed really erratically (only when I was online because I was the only one with them though)

I don't believe you're meant to. You're not meant to have a high capacity staff with a massive vis discount
No, I have no nets placed in the world.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, guys. A little help if you will. Approximately how many blocks make up a Builder Guide 8x8x8 sphere? Interior included.

For those curious... I'm making it out of openblock tanks so I can have a massive lava storage... Feel free to let me know how crazy I am.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hey, guys. A little help if you will. Approximately how many blocks make up a Builder Guide 8x8x8 sphere? Interior included.

For those curious... I'm making it out of openblock tanks so I can have a massive lava storage... Feel free to let me know how crazy I am.

The lag... Oh my.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, it will be possible to craft staff of the primal with thaumic end caps. It will require a higher capacity wand. Azanor said he has plans for a wand of that description, but that it won't be available in 1.6.4, but should hopefully make an appearance in the new versions for 1.7.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019

If you're having a problem with a fishing net, which randomly catches things, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "Null point exception", probably in a ticking block... because the net was trying to spawn a particular item or block in a problematic way. I suggest you check for similar bug reports and possibly file your own.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't seem to have issues with lag with them for some reason.

That said, I still need to know how many blocks that'll be...

Judging by your post I'm going off of a radius of 4, which gives about 268. But, as I don't know for sure and it might actually be a radius of 8, then it comes out at about 2145.

I got those by just plugging values into a volume formula, I don't feel like counting them all. :p

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I see, thanks for everyone's answers.
Guess I#ll have to be satisfied with a non-thaumium staff.

Edit: Ever had a situation where you can't find that one Cyclic Assembler that turns all your Wheat into seeds? Any ideas how to find out where all the CAs are? I checked my general purpose crafting area but its either not there or I'm missing it...

Last edited:

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Judging by your post I'm going off of a radius of 4, which gives about 268. But, as I don't know for sure and it might actually be a radius of 8, then it comes out at about 2145.

I got those by just plugging values into a volume formula, I don't feel like counting them all. :p

2145 sounds about right, given that the base is a 25 block square and the radius is 8. So... 2145X16... 34,320 buckets of storage. Sweet.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you're having a problem with a fishing net, which randomly catches things, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess "Null point exception", probably in a ticking block... because the net was trying to spawn a particular item or block in a problematic way. I suggest you check for similar bug reports and possibly file your own.
Don't you worry, we've already dealt with it, I was offering it to the other guy who had a crash experience similar to what ours was.