Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
In AS, is there a block that emits a redstone signal when an item is in its inventory? Looking for a one block solution to chest + comparator.

Never mind, barrels.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
No. The trapped chest emits a redstone signal when the chest is opened.
Doh! Right, makes sense. I really only use them to allow me to put double-chests right next to each other in early game (pre-ME network, that is). :p

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Doh! Right, makes sense. I really only use them to allow me to put double-chests right next to each other in early game (pre-ME network, that is). :p
If I'm doing that and have TE installed, I use strongboxes or hardened strongboxes. There are so few uses for trap chests in mods... maybe I should think of some.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to do Infusions. Witch means I need greatwood. So I need pechs. Problem is, I can't find a magic biome. (I'm playin on Flat Platform)

Edit: I figured out how to turn on Biome Overlay, and I found one. Are there any special conditions for Pechs to spawn?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So I need to do Infusions. Witch means I need greatwood. So I need pechs. Problem is, I can't find a magic biome. (I'm playin on Flat Platform)

Edit: I figured out how to turn on Biome Overlay, and I found one. Are there any special conditions for Pechs to spawn?

Dark room in a magic forest from what I've seen on the forums

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
=[ I was hoping They could spawn in light. Moving my two floor high 20X20 mob spawner is going to take a while.....

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
=[ I was hoping They could spawn in light. Moving my two floor high 20X20 mob spawner is going to take a while.....
You probably don't need to move your whole spawner. I suggest a smallish darkroom with a few conveyor belts and a mob router from MFR in it. Send the mobs you don't want to a grinder, keep the ones you do. Or craft up a bunch of basic safari nets and use an AA and vacuum hopper to capture everything that spawns.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
So apparently, warp books are glitchy. I have some secondary platforms about 500 blocks out that I would like to fast travel to, but with no good way to do it. So I enabled Spatial storage (disabled by default) and my friend and I made a 2-way semi-automatic teleportation system. It works over any distance, as long as both sides are chunk loaded. Just hop in the middle, drop in your spatial storage disk, and press the button! You'll quickly be whisked away to your destination and the spatial disk will be available there as well.

rfg3CaI.png

It's still got some fine tuning to go. For example, it's easy to accidentally send the spatial disk back to the other receiver if you forget to move it from the output slot to the input slot in the Spatial IO Port. I'd also like to implement a teleport selector, but that's a thought for now.

Reactions: netmc and Padfoote

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
You probably don't need to move your whole spawner. I suggest a smallish darkroom with a few conveyor belts and a mob router from MFR in it. Send the mobs you don't want to a grinder, keep the ones you do. Or craft up a bunch of basic safari nets and use an AA and vacuum hopper to capture everything that spawns.

What about wisps? They arn't trapped b a conveyor belt.

Besides, The major
problem for me is that my only big sized magic biome is far away from the rest of my base. Most to the time, I will be too far away from it to work.

Edit: I can't seem to find a mob router on the FTB wiki.

How do you get that much leather? I have a cowfarm, but it can't produce the multiple stacks needed for that many nets.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Random crashes might be due to the lava crucibles. They cause memory issues. I get unusual lag in my single player game, which vanished when I removed the 5 crucibles that I had placed. I even had a crash once loading my world which showed ticking error and it reported the exhilo stone barrel as the cause.