Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Drat.. then we are at the near impossible to pinpoint stage :(

Unfortunately, yes. My current computer struggles with FTB in general, a little less so with AS. If all goes according to plan, I'll have the components in for a new computer by the end of the week. We'll see if it could just be my computer not being able to keep up.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Is this enough stability to combat a moderate instability infusion?View attachment 11510

I've seen a couple posts with folks using tons of candles for stability, and no mob heads. Do they seem that rare to everyone else? I had a drop spawner setup, and from the beginning was using a scythe to finish them, because it covers almost the whole drop zone with one swing. Before long it had auto-upgraded with Beheading, and even before that I'd still get heads. I had more than enough to put rings of heads right below my altar, 5 deep. Never had an issue with instability yet.

Of course, I haven't tried a crazy instability recipe yet. Just an advanced golem, lamp of growth, and warding focus I think.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any advantage of switching from a mob grinder to invar spikes?
Pro:
Invar spikes are able to get "rare" drops, and so you will be able to harvest the red hearts, which you can then craft into heart canisters and higher tier ones.
Other rare drops include armor, and mob heads

Also, no power

Cons
No mob essence or experience

toiletzombie

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I have a question about piping, I noticed there is not a void pipe in this pack and I wanted to know the best way to re-create something along those lines. So if i want to have a mob spawner and I want to keep everything mobs spawn except skeleton bows and arrows, how could I make something similar to a void pipe to take care of that?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I have a question about piping, I noticed there is not a void pipe in this pack and I wanted to know the best way to re-create something along those lines. So if i want to have a mob spawner and I want to keep everything mobs spawn except skeleton bows and arrows, how could I make something similar to a void pipe to take care of that?

Use an Extra Utilities trash can, or a TE nullifier. The trash can is far easier to make, though, so I'd recommend that.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Itemduct to a trash can (or TE nullifier, or AE condenser), servo installed, set bow and arrow in the filter and tell it to ignore metadata (so bows at all levels of damage are trashed).

Personally, I used an advanced filing cabinet to store the non-stackable stuff. Occasionally the single input inventory slot is stuffed and bows/armor get through to the chest on the end, but otherwise I'm collecting a lot of useful stuff. I don't have to craft bows for dispensers ever again, for instance, and if I wanted I could easily set up a disenchanter nearby to collect all those enchantments for use elsewhere. Also, having already-enchanted items at hand makes getting magical wood much easier to do.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Pro:
Invar spikes are able to get "rare" drops, and so you will be able to harvest the red hearts, which you can then craft into heart canisters and higher tier ones.
Other rare drops include armor, and mob heads

Also, no power

Cons
No mob essence or experience
Or you can use the hearts to get early blood for Blood Magic. It's a quick heal.

Reactions: Adonis0

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
so, my most recent cash report is showing this:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 6/9/14 2:33 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry.getFluidID(FluidRegistry.java:115)
at net.minecraftforge.fluids.Fluid.getID(Fluid.java:182)
at exnihilo.blocks.tileentities.TileEntityCrucible.isFluidValid(TileEntityCrucible.java:262)
at exnihilo.blocks.tileentities.TileEntityCrucible.func_102007_a(TileEntityCrucible.java:549)
at cofh.util.InventoryHelper.simulateInsertItemStackIntoInventory(InventoryHelper.java:163)
at thermalexpansion.util.Utils.canAddToInventory(Utils.java:121)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.canRouteItem(ConduitItem.java:422)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.bounceItem(TravelingItem.java:153)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.TravelingItem.tickForward(TravelingItem.java:71)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.tickItems(ConduitItem.java:212)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.ConduitItem.doOutput(ConduitItem.java:105)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.item.GridItem.doGridUpdate(GridItem.java:63)
at thermalexpansion.part.conduit.GridTickHandler.tickEnd(GridTickHandler.java:76)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:274)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:622)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

What I am getting from that is there is an error with itemducts putting cobble in the crucibles? Does this mean I have to stop using crucibles?

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed there is not a void pipe in this pack and I wanted to know the best way to re-create something along those lines.... something similar to a void pipe to take care of that?
You could make another Quest Delivery System block and pipe items into it. It'll just void anything dumped into it, unless they're valid for a currently assigned quest (in which case they count).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is this enough stability to combat a moderate instability infusion?View attachment 11510
Something that I noticed, your pedestals aren't symmetric.

Whilst yes, a pentagon is symmetrical, how the game decides if it's symmetric is if pedestal A is located at (x-4, z+2) from the matrix, is if there's another pedestal at (x+4, z-2)

Your candles are fine though.

EDIT: Much more clear explanation on next page

Last edited:

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Something that I noticed, your pedestals aren't symmetric.

Whilst yes, a pentagon is symmetrical, how the game decides if it's symmetric is if pedestal A is located at (x-4, z+2) from the matrix, is if there's another pedestal at (x+4, z-2)

Your candles are fine though.
In other words, the mod isn't calculating geometric symmetry, only direct radial symmetry (is this thing across a circle from the other one).

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to use the TE integration for TiCon in AS 2.1.7. I have tried using the Leadstone Energy cell, the Resonant Flux Cap, and the Hardened Flux Cap. Is this disabled in AS or am I just not finding the right solution to my problem? If I am using the wrong items then how do you add Flux to your TiCon tools?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to use the TE integration for TiCon in AS 2.1.7. I have tried using the Leadstone Energy cell, the Resonant Flux Cap, and the Hardened Flux Cap. Is this disabled in AS or am I just not finding the right solution to my problem? If I am using the wrong items then how do you add Flux to your TiCon tools?

Have you a free modifier slot on your tool of choice? Its not like vanilla Tinkers Construct where each tool starts with 3 modifiers, you have a chance to earn one when the tool levels up.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new favorite TiCon modifier: Vacuous, from Tinkers Steelworks. A hopper and an ender pearl let you suck drops to yourself from several blocks away when you use your tool (or use a block while holding that tool). I put it on my all-alumite cutlass and once I figured out why all these saplings kept jumping into my inventory I have loved that upgrade immensely. It means I almost never miss drops when farming mobs, and if I switch tools quickly it lets me occasionally save blocks and stuff when mining over the void.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone wanted to do Blood Magic summoning, read the wiki article on it, and determined it wasn't very good.. I went ahead and rewrote the entire thing, and added formatting and clearer pictures. The previous article was a copy/paste from the mod topic on the MC forum.

http://ftbwiki.org/Summoning

Reactions: ostPavel

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In case anyone wanted to do Blood Magic summoning, read the wiki article on it, and determined it wasn't very good.. I went ahead and rewrote the entire thing, and added formatting and clearer pictures. The previous article was a copy/paste from the mod topic on the MC forum.

http://ftbwiki.org/Summoning

That's how all of their articles are on BM, sadly. You did a good job with the documentation. The only thing I will point out is that the shade elemental is currently disabled.