Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jul 29, 2019
The quests are aimed at SSP. The aprox time line is 2-3 months for single player. It is not an FTB map. And the "old" map has nothing to do with Ag Skies.
It didnt take me 2-3 months, albeit I used the healing axe and left my computer running thanks to a reactor fueling itself and another with a laser drill.

Still a good map that's close to the heart of "Feed The Beast" (using it mainly myself as a learning tool for some of the newer mods), but I do prefer the old map in 1.2.5 days with EE2, where you had to use vanilla systems to get your EMC income, and convert that to resources you needed, figuring out what you could actually make, and then figuring out what the Quest Rewards can unlock for you.
EMC was a thing of the past man, I loved it myself but I personally love this much more, all you needed to do was set up a tree farm then you're set for anything you want. Then it was just getting one of those glowstone generator thingies (cant remember, so long ago now)
As what @Jadedcat said, this isnt an official FTB map, not even a FTB map at all and has no correlation to the old ones. Its based on a in game story if you read it, hence in my world I followed the story and actually rebuilt the land as sad as I was.... I finished the map in less than a month and then spent another month going with the story line, something which you couldn't do on the old maps, hence why its awesome! :D

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, I know it's not a FTB Map.
Yes, I know the old map has nothing to do with Arg Skies.

But the concept is the same is the same as the old map. You have the quest system that needs feeding, from nothing. That's why I view Arg Skies as the unofficial 1.6.4 "Feed The Beast" map. I'm glad it got designed, FTB has been lacking an updated "Feed The Beast" style of map for a long time. Being how popular it is, just shows how needed it was.

My biggest complaints about it are: the ease of getting Platinum from the sieve, breaks ThermEx system of cinnabar from redstone ore; the change in the Activator recipe breaks the progression of the Learning to Skyblock chain. I had quite a few of the following quests completed, while trying to get my 2nd emerald; Ex Nilo makes gaining resources very easy from the start, much easier than manipulating EMC; some quests excessively grindy; and finally, excessive troll rewards, especially at the start :p

But I do love that the quest system gives a good intro to the mods, with a little hand holding/guidance but with some room for experimentation. Hell, even the Yogs are playing it, and they've even managed to complete a few quests (somehow... :p)

EMC is not a thing of the past. There are other fan made mods that reintroduce the concept and the original mod is under development. I use one myself where everything can be configured and it doesn't have the cheaty energy collectors.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the unifier to work? I'm putting in Black honey drops (witch ore registry to dyeBlack) and set the preference to ink sacs, but Im getting the honey back.

Also is there a way to modify my mob farm so that enchanted bows are saved, but regular bows are trashed?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the unifier to work? I'm putting in Black honey drops (witch ore registry to dyeBlack) and set the preference to ink sacs, but Im getting the honey back.

Also is there a way to modify my mob farm so that enchanted bows are saved, but regular bows are trashed?

I'm not sure on the unifier, but one the enchants, I can help. Enchants are stored as NBT data. You can use TE servos on the output to a trash can to get rid of junk. Put a plain bow in the item filter (white list) and set it to ignore damage values, but match NBT data. This will only trash bows without an enchantment, and with any damage value.

Edit: Make sure redstone control is disabled.

Reactions: Kik

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for asking, but what is EMC?

EMC is the "currency" or "mana" system of the old Equivalent Exchange mod. Something like cobblestone would be worth 1 EMC while diamond would be 8192 (or something, it's been a while).

Show us a picture of your Unifier's GUI.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for asking, but what is EMC?

He probably meant the mod "Equivalent Exchange" (witch had a main currency of EMC). EE focused on turning one thing into another thing of equal value. For instance 64 coal = a diamond. How this was accomplished was items were given a EMC value, and you could convert items into EMC and then into another item. Sounds balanced right? The problem were these things called energy collecters. They were basically solar panels for EMC, but they were way too over powered. Witch just one, you could build more and more very quickly (exponential growth) and very soon have stacks of diamond blocks everywhere.

Edit: Ninjad =]

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I remember using another mod for that which was very similar. You dropped items into some kind of enchantment table and earned points that way. If you wanted to "create" a diamond you had to put enough stuff into the table first to buy the diamond AND you had to have a diamond at hand in the first place to duplicate it.

Can't remember the name of the mod, but now I'll go and look for it.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I see. I remember using another mod for that which was very similar. You dropped items into some kind of enchantment table and earned points that way. If you wanted to "create" a diamond you had to put enough stuff into the table first to buy the diamond AND you had to have a diamond at hand in the first place to duplicate it.

Can't remember the name of the mod, but now I'll go and look for it.

Thaumcraft 2 had this feature.

Edit: It was called the Thaumic Duplicator.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I've been experimenting with high oven steam generation the last couple days. I've figured out how to power early game to mid game using the same setup and improve it just by changing the water supply method. AA -> multiple AAs using a buffer tank and fluiducts-> direct inject with AE; and adding additional steam turbines as steam production goes up. I'm comfortable enough with this now, that this will be the main workhorse of my current map (until I need to use big reactors), and may be my power generation of choice if I start a new map.

If anyone is interested, I've put together a small guide.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
But a pentagon will cause instability, instead of stability

A square or hexagon would be much better suited, as that will provide stability (constructed correctly)

Of course we *know* that a pentagon does not fulfill @Azanor's stability requirements. That doesn't mean that a pentagon isn't a requirement. For style.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I've been experimenting with high oven steam generation the last couple days. I've figured out how to power early game to mid game using the same setup and improve it just by changing the water supply method. AA -> multiple AAs using a buffer tank and fluiducts-> direct inject with AE; and adding additional steam turbines as steam production goes up. I'm comfortable enough with this now, that this will be the main workhorse of my current map (until I need to use big reactors), and may be my power generation of choice if I start a new map.

If anyone is interested, I've put together a small guide.
To be honest, I'd be tempted to put in tesseract transmission after AE, because they have no throughput limit for any channel[DOUBLEPOST=1402481147][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course we *know* that a pentagon does not fulfill @Azanor's stability requirements. That doesn't mean that a pentagon isn't a requirement. For style.
Well, from memory of the stability code, you can place another stability item in the place of the opposite pedestal for a lesser instability than just having a pedestal alone.

But I'd have to look at the code again to make sure