[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble sorting out the bee stuff since you have to get started with other forestry things before you can advance.
Some walkthrough on Forestry would be appreciated because I really have no idea how to use any tech mods at all unless Tinkers' Construct qualifies. I was hoping an HQM pack would provide an interactive method of figuring them out but I find a lot of the instructions vague and sometimes ill-explained, it doesn't seem uncommon for a quest to require an item that may take 3 steps to make but it does not elaborate on those steps such as the bee example above.
What problems are you having with the bees? Are you talking about the Bees and Trees chapter? That should be a fairly easy introduction to all of the mechanics. Aside from typing out all of the forestry recipes, I don't know how that section could be improved.

DeadlyPacker

Jul 29, 2019
This looks amazing Yulife, I have ran a public Magic World 2 server since July and have been looking for something that actually has an active developer. Amazing to see someone that actively fixes bugs and still has time to add quests. I will be trying out your pack privately and if all goes well, I would love to take it live on a public server to give my players other options besides 1.6.4. See my private message

Reactions: Yulife

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I can't cover everything with my quests. And yes, Food from the Garden combines those mods because they are playing well together nicely. There are TONS of guides in the internet, just google them.

...No offense but that would defeat the purpose of an HQM pack for me. I've played modded minecraft since before modloader existed so I'm wuite used to having 5 tabs open for guides and suffering through mod review videos to learn how something works, but I spend more time looking those things up than actually playing the game which is where the progression HQM offers comes in.

Also, if by "work well together" you mean create a lot of redundancies then yes, they definitely do that to the point where it's confusing. I don't know why you need 3 active bee mods when all of their products can be substituted for each other anyway, much less require someone to use all 3 in a quest but I could say that about a lot of mods. What is the point to have harvestcraft and growthcraft on the same pack when they serve the same function and just add more clutter? Do you even use these mods together or did you throw them in for the sake of it?

It's your pack, you do what you want. My friends seem to be enjoying it and I will as well for as long as they are. It is fun to play but I'd be remiss if I didn't give honest criticism. It lacks focus and fluid progression, whether or not you think that is important is up to you.

And by the way, you don't need to get so defensive. I have no intention of trying to bully you into making changes for my benefit, whatever you take or don't take from my feedback is your choice but the fact that I accept that is not going to deter me from posting it in the first place and since you ultimately decide what is and isn't what you want, I'd appreciate you not responding to me as if I pose a threat. To my knowledge, I have not attacked you in any way, and if I have, that was not my intent. I'd appreciate not having every response from you sound as if you find it exacerbating to respond to me at all.

What you have accomplished is impressive. I hope you don't feel that my input is attempting to invalidate that.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
...No offense but that would defeat the purpose of an HQM pack for me. I've played modded minecraft since before modloader existed so I'm wuite used to having 5 tabs open for guides and suffering through mod review videos to learn how something works, but I spend more time looking those things up than actually playing the game which is where the progression HQM offers comes in.

Also, if by "work well together" you mean create a lot of redundancies then yes, they definitely do that to the point where it's confusing. I don't know why you need 3 active bee mods when all of their products can be substituted for each other anyway, much less require someone to use all 3 in a quest but I could say that about a lot of mods. What is the point to have harvestcraft and growthcraft on the same pack when they serve the same function and just add more clutter? Do you even use these mods together or did you throw them in for the sake of it?

It's your pack, you do what you want. My friends seem to be enjoying it and I will as well for as long as they are. It is fun to play but I'd be remiss if I didn't give honest criticism. It lacks focus and fluid progression, whether or not you think that is important is up to you.

And by the way, you don't need to get so defensive. I have no intention of trying to bully you into making changes for my benefit, whatever you take or don't take from my feedback is your choice but the fact that I accept that is not going to deter me from posting it in the first place and since you ultimately decide what is and isn't what you want, I'd appreciate you not responding to me as if I pose a threat. To my knowledge, I have not attacked you in any way, and if I have, that was not my intent. I'd appreciate not having every response from you sound as if you find it exacerbating to respond to me at all.

What you have accomplished is impressive. I hope you don't feel that my input is attempting to invalidate that.
No, please don't think I am mad at you/saw your message as a threat. Any critism is important and I listen to it.
Again, as Iskandar said, he would have to make 1000 quests for Crash Landing to cover every mod. Now take WLR with almost 200 mods, that would be "2000" quests. I know those numbers are quite crude, however, it is, in theory, accurate. Exactly pointing out early game mechanics that many mods offer is granted by the Initium, for the start.
That many mods have similar features is well known. However, it is not a bad thing, instead you can choose which one is particularly fun for you. For me, Forestry bees are very fun. Others that like it more simply might, for instance, prefer Growthcraft's or Pam's bees. I am trying to make everything compatible, however, with that much content the pack adds it is, frankly spoken, an unachieveable goal due to the new additions mods always and frequently make. If you take a look at my Github issues, you can see that I very much like compability and I try to add more and more to create a fluid gameplay.
Personally, I think that the HQM aspect of this pack is more of a guide instead of a fluid progression like AS or Crash Landing where you have questlines that include many aspects of mods that row together nicely, thus, all in all, it indeed is not as fluid as other packs.
I think we got on the wrong foot and as I said before, I didn't see it as an attack, critism is very important.
Thanks for the feedback and have fun with Wanderlust Reloaded ;)

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
No, please don't think I am mad at you/saw your message as a threat. Any critism is important and I listen to it.
Again, as Iskandar said, he would have to make 1000 quests for Crash Landing to cover every mod. Now take WLR with almost 200 mods, that would be "2000" quests. I know those numbers are quite crude, however, it is, in theory, accurate. Exactly pointing out early game mechanics that many mods offer is granted by the Initium, for the start.
That many mods have similar features is well known. However, it is not a bad thing, instead you can choose which one is particularly fun for you. For me, Forestry bees are very fun. Others that like it more simply might, for instance, prefer Growthcraft's or Pam's bees. I am trying to make everything compatible, however, with that much content the pack adds it is, frankly spoken, an unachieveable goal due to the new additions mods always and frequently make. If you take a look at my Github issues, you can see that I very much like compability and I try to add more and more to create a fluid gameplay.
Personally, I think that the HQM aspect of this pack is more of a guide instead of a fluid progression like AS or Crash Landing where you have questlines that include many aspects of mods that row together nicely, thus, all in all, it indeed is not as fluid as other packs.
I think we got on the wrong foot and as I said before, I didn't see it as an attack, critism is very important.
Thanks for the feedback and have fun with Wanderlust Reloaded ;)

I understand. I apologize for interpreting hostility where there was none.

If your intent is to create a loose guide with a more open-world feel from the start, then my initial expectation would appear to be in error as it was indeed formed by those two modpacks you listed. I'd imagine that the understanding that the assumption was false may significantly reduce some of my frustration with a lack of direction.

Actually, I never cared much for handholding anyway (I am one of the few masochistic gamers that likes the original zelda) so I usually get by quite well in minecraft, being a metagamer anyway I never had issues with finding my own fun. However, I also have an obsessive desire to get 100% in every game I play and in the case of HQM packs that meant doing every quest. It is nice to know that the quests don't have an intended order now because in the spirit of completionism I was attempting to do them all in order and obviously that was frustrating me because they were never intended to have an order, except initium being the first quest tree. I'd imagine that I will be able to enjoy this experience a lot more now - I was enjoying it before, but, you know what I mean.

I am a very intense person. I seem to have the supernatural ability of creating tension of whoever I come in contact with and as a result people do often get defensive around me. I'm trying to work on it as it does upset me that people react to me in this manner, but even when people are not doing that I sometimes assume they are by their posting habits which...well, sometimes ends up like this. Sometimes less civil, actually. I'm working on that, too. >_>

I will concede an appreciation for offering options to people. I hadn't considered that as a justification for redundancies, although I probably should have considering how often I play with people who play the game in very different ways. It makes sense.

...and forestry bees are fun to me as well, once I got off the ground. Cannot wait to start with botany and genetics.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
What is the point to have harvestcraft and growthcraft on the same pack when they serve the same function and just add more clutter? Do you even use these mods together or did you throw them in for the sake of it?

IIRC harvestcraft is all about tier food while growthcraft main purpose is potion buff.

preceptor_teeth

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found any shiny ore or had any appear as a byproduct of other processing. Is this something I need to unlock somehow in this modpack, or have I just been unlucky?

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found any shiny ore or had any appear as a byproduct of other processing. Is this something I need to unlock somehow in this modpack, or have I just been unlucky?

Use NEI on Pulverized Shiny Metal, Shiny Ingot, and Shiny Ore to see the various ways to get them. That said, here they are:
  • Pulverizing Ferrous Ore at a 10% chance. You can upgrade the Pulverizer and use Augments to increase that chance.
  • The Crucible Furnace when processing Ferrous Ore, also at a 10% chance.
  • Winsome bees.
  • Centrifuging Platinum Combs from Valuable bees which gives you Platinum Grains which can be combined into Pulverized Shiny Metal.
  • A Laser Drill can get you Shiny Ore with an increased chance of getting the ore if you use a Laser Focus (Light Blue).
  • There are several recipes using the Induction Smelter some of which use Cinnabar with Ferrous Ore to get a 100% chance at Shiny Ingot(s).

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, the biggest gripe I have with HQM (albeit not the only one) is that you CANNOT merge two or more quest books together. This means that only one person at a time can write quests. There is simply no easy way to farm out a set of quests to multiple people. Thus trying to write any kind of comprehensive guide with quests just becomes a monumental task instead of being able to share the work load amongst a group of people.

I have nothing but mad respect for both @Yulife and others who have written 200+ quests. Writing one quest is work, writing several hundred is just, yeesh.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Wo tauchen die Backups auf, bzw woher weisst du, dass welche laufen? Hast du einen Server-Wrapper (MCMyAdmin/Multicraft o.ä.)?

Ganz einfach in einem Ordner namens "Bachups" auf meinem Server, welcher alle 3 Tage angelegt wird. Und Nein, ich habe keinen Server Wrapper.

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the biggest gripe I have with HQM (albeit not the only one) is that you CANNOT merge two or more quest books together. This means that only one person at a time can write quests. There is simply no easy way to farm out a set of quests to multiple people. Thus trying to write any kind of comprehensive guide with quests just becomes a monumental task instead of being able to share the work load amongst a group of people.

I have nothing but mad respect for both @Yulife and others who have written 200+ quests. Writing one quest is work, writing several hundred is just, yeesh.

HQM Developers know about this. Upvote this bug to get it a little more visibility.

https://bitbucket.org/Newcastlegeek/hqm-bugtracker/issue/91/plaint-text-storage-format

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Ganz einfach in einem Ordner namens "Bachups" auf meinem Server, welcher alle 3 Tage angelegt wird. Und Nein, ich habe keinen Server Wrapper.
Bist du sicher, dass YABM aus ist? Standardmässig liegt die jar noch in /mods/optional_mods und wird evtl. geladen.
Sonst deaktivier mal die config und schau, ob sich was ändert:
Code:
YABM.cfg

general {
    # Turn automatic backups on/off. [default: true]
    B:backupEnabled=true

Reactions: Internuntius

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Bist du sicher, dass YABM aus ist? Standardmässig liegt die jar noch in /mods/optional_mods und wird evtl. geladen.
Sonst deaktivier mal die config und schau, ob sich was ändert:
Code:
YABM.cfg

general {
    # Turn automatic backups on/off. [default: true]
    B:backupEnabled=true

Danke habe es gefunden, war zwar nicht YABM. Aber ich habe den Übeltäter gefunden. Ich habe FE mit drauf und das hat ebenfalls eine Backup Funktion.

Frugal

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like it has been turned off in the configuration.

There are a number of ways to get Shiney Ore as a byproduct. My current technique is to mine redstone with a silk touch pick, then pulverise the redstone ore to get redstone with a high chance of cinnabar. Then put ferrous ore in an induction smelter with the cinnabar to get a shiny ingot as a guaranteed by product.

You can also get cinnabar by adding gelid cryotheum to cinnabar in a fluid transpose.

Effectively Shiney metal was meant to be hard work to get in order to make Enderium ingots harder to get.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I understand. I apologize for interpreting hostility where there was none.

If your intent is to create a loose guide with a more open-world feel from the start, then my initial expectation would appear to be in error as it was indeed formed by those two modpacks you listed. I'd imagine that the understanding that the assumption was false may significantly reduce some of my frustration with a lack of direction.

Actually, I never cared much for handholding anyway (I am one of the few masochistic gamers that likes the original zelda) so I usually get by quite well in minecraft, being a metagamer anyway I never had issues with finding my own fun. However, I also have an obsessive desire to get 100% in every game I play and in the case of HQM packs that meant doing every quest. It is nice to know that the quests don't have an intended order now because in the spirit of completionism I was attempting to do them all in order and obviously that was frustrating me because they were never intended to have an order, except initium being the first quest tree. I'd imagine that I will be able to enjoy this experience a lot more now - I was enjoying it before, but, you know what I mean.

I am a very intense person. I seem to have the supernatural ability of creating tension of whoever I come in contact with and as a result people do often get defensive around me. I'm trying to work on it as it does upset me that people react to me in this manner, but even when people are not doing that I sometimes assume they are by their posting habits which...well, sometimes ends up like this. Sometimes less civil, actually. I'm working on that, too. >_>

I will concede an appreciation for offering options to people. I hadn't considered that as a justification for redundancies, although I probably should have considering how often I play with people who play the game in very different ways. It makes sense.

...and forestry bees are fun to me as well, once I got off the ground. Cannot wait to start with botany and genetics.
Everything is fine mate, no worries xD

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like it has been turned off in the configuration.

There are a number of ways to get Shiney Ore as a byproduct. My current technique is to mine redstone with a silk touch pick, then pulverise the redstone ore to get redstone with a high chance of cinnabar. Then put ferrous ore in an induction smelter with the cinnabar to get a shiny ingot as a guaranteed by product.

You can also get cinnabar by adding gelid cryotheum to cinnabar in a fluid transpose.

Effectively Shiney metal was meant to be hard work to get in order to make Enderium ingots harder to get.
I didn't disable it...?

Puretic

Jul 29, 2019
Can we add mrcrayfish's furniture mod?
i think youre gonna have to disable mine-bay on it doe since its a bit OP

Reactions: Jadzi