[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
-There is random generation from the mod as well as the ruins mod, however, LotR is very much work in progress (read the FAQ) but I do have a contest open right now for a middle-earth town I plan to add once I get a submission that wins (reminder: I would like to see any preliminary work anyone has done)
-Yeah, it is a "bug" with the way servers work. I am trying to find a work-around, similar to how forestry performs some stuff (ever notice how on a server "forestry" get opped?)
-Absolutely, I took a break for a bit (you may think it's not a lot, but trust me, way more work goes into customNPC quests that most realize), but the content update I have planned will have new/more quests, even HQM quests if all goes well.

EDIT: So just checked stats, sitting at 46,300 downloads with a total playtime of...get this...17.85 years!

thats aprox 3 hours per download nice

The NPC near the middle earth TP ring cant teleport me to the fire/shadow things.
Are they the nether/end regions? And if i build my own nether portal and find the end portal will it work fine to use them?(disregard if the answer is no)
And are they unlocked with a quest or are they just derpy?

ok so a little innocent humor here "heheh he said nether regions"

Last edited:

nexalacer

Jul 29, 2019
I hate posting this, as I feel like a total derp, but I can't seem to install the map correctly. Here are the steps I took.

1. Downloaded template - 1.7.10 - 2.3.x.zip from http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/226743-tolkiencraft-ii-draconis/files (138 MB file uploaded on Jan 17).
2. Extracted said file.
3. Copied "template" folder to ~/TolkienCraftII/minecraft/ so now I have ~/TolkienCraftII/minecraft/template/.
4. Launched game from FTB launcher.
5. Chose Single Player. No worlds are available for me to play on.

Does the latest zip file actually include the map itself? Do I also need to download and install template - 1.7.10 - 2.3.13.zip?

Thanks for the help.

Edit - I created a new world, and it worked. Somehow that was not intuitive to me. Problem solved; I will keep this here in case anyone else has my derpiness.

Last edited:

frognik

Jul 29, 2019
Guess this is a bug unless I'm missing something, I wasn't paying attention until well after the fact.
I was flying around in bat form raiding towers for their sweet sweet artifacts and found one which passively added 2.5 hearts.
Since I have full bound armor I found it useless and threw it away and about 15 minutes later I noticed that I only had half a heart left.
I'm guessing it took 2.5 hearts away from the bat forms 3 hearts when I threw the artifact away.
Now I'm stuck with 5.5 max hearts when transformed back to normal.

Shouldn't be heard for me to fix with nbtedit or whatever, just letting you know.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Guess this is a bug unless I'm missing something, I wasn't paying attention until well after the fact.
I was flying around in bat form raiding towers for their sweet sweet artifacts and found one which passively added 2.5 hearts.
Since I have full bound armor I found it useless and threw it away and about 15 minutes later I noticed that I only had half a heart left.
I'm guessing it took 2.5 hearts away from the bat forms 3 hearts when I threw the artifact away.
Now I'm stuck with 5.5 max hearts when transformed back to normal.

Shouldn't be heard for me to fix with nbtedit or whatever, just letting you know.
Known bug with morph. Any heart modifying can derp out and you typically have to return to regular form and log out and back in for it to correct.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still getting those frame lag spikes whenever I interact with anything, including opening books, opening/closing inventory, opening the pause screen (esc). This only happened after the update, is there any workaround to this? I've tried restarting, relaunching, adding fastcraft and optifine. My framerate is fine, it's at a constant 30 fps, until I interact with something and it drops to 1-2

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still getting those frame lag spikes whenever I interact with anything, including opening books, opening/closing inventory, opening the pause screen (esc). This only happened after the update, is there any workaround to this? I've tried restarting, relaunching, adding fastcraft and optifine. My framerate is fine, it's at a constant 30 fps, until I interact with something and it drops to 1-2
Have you tried the JVM arguments? I have seen some fps drop, but nowhere near as significant as you are reporting and I use all three methods I suggested.

Israel Rodriguez

Jul 29, 2019
On my server the guy in the temple doesn't TP to the other 2 dimensions. Is there another way to get there. What command would I use to get there? Is there a command to see all the dimensions?

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

Ginko

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there are any TK2 servers out there (that wouldn't mind me joining)? I've pm'd Ranger but have not been replied to yet. Highly doubt I'd get into the whitelist anyhow c:

Last edited: