[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
GO - you mentioned that Wireless Redstone would be in but it doesn't appear to be... received a notice on new map that it's missing a lot of WR-CBE blocks... was this taken out as well?
yeah i mentioned it earlier...all the recent updates of his mods were causing crashes so it has been postponed until i can confirm stability.

This is a pretty cool modpack :3
Just a suggestion though, would it be possible for you to include the Dynamic Sword Skills mod? :D
That would add more to the melee combat style to playing ^^

I will seriously take a look at it tonight....might be nice to have that in the pack actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
well... i submit the steel i had for that quest (if you recall)- and it took it and said the coal coke was 100% complete but 0% on the steel - i didn't submit or have coal coke yet :/

Reactions: GreatOrator

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
The Open blocks elevator stopped working on this update. Had two blocks working this morning before update. they don't work now. Made two new blocks to see if it would work and they don't either.

Edit - this was due to not having XP to spend on the elevator... GreatOrator will change the config to disable elevator draining XP.

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Tested the 127 ticks thing for Refined Relocation and the Module Extractor still ceases extracting items when you set it above 127 ticks. Fortunately I found a design that works at 100 ticks but still...

The Open blocks elevator stopped working on this update. Had two blocks working this morning before update. they don't work now. Made two new blocks to see if it would work and they don't either.
Drat! :(

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with crafting grids - the table (tico) and personal 4 space grid. Causes a 'not responding' message for several seconds and freezes the item. Also happened when trying to fill a bucket and also a watering can. The FTB Launcher pastebin shortcut was not working for me properly so I hope I've done this correctly.

http://pastebin.com/QVMN8PfY

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
After playing around of a bit, it seems you can get the items that are displayed on some houses (like the ones on the shelf in merchant stores) and i kinda feel guilty about that xD
I guess there's not much you can do about it, just gonna make an invisible rule to not grab the items on merchant's houses :p
But i did notice that some items kind of fall off for some reason.. Like a map frame or an iron chestplate suddenly appears in my inventory which i find it weird..

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with crafting grids - the table (tico) and personal 4 space grid. Causes a 'not responding' message for several seconds and freezes the item. Also happened when trying to fill a bucket and also a watering can. The FTB Launcher pastebin shortcut was not working for me properly so I hope I've done this correctly.

http://pastebin.com/QVMN8PfY
Ya, there are a few issues currently with tinkers construct and they have all been reported...with Mdiyo gone updates have been...slow. I wish I had a solution for it, but until they update it is one of the unfortunate casualties for now. Also, 1.7.10 just generally seems laggy in general. I have found however (and several in this thread can attest to it) that @Strikingwolf has a phenomenal JVM argument you can use in the launcher that helps enormously with lag.
After playing around of a bit, it seems you can get the items that are displayed on some houses (like the ones on the shelf in merchant stores) and i kinda feel guilty about that xD
I guess there's not much you can do about it, just gonna make an invisible rule to not grab the items on merchant's houses :p
But i did notice that some items kind of fall off for some reason.. Like a map frame or an iron chestplate suddenly appears in my inventory which i find it weird..
Yeah, kind of the down side to being a sandbox game. Ideally in SSP you guys play how you want to, but for the full experience, treat the town as any true hero would! :)

In a server, I would expect a server admin to use a tool like mytown to protect everything.

Followup note: Did some more research on the Dynamic Sword Skills....one really glaring issue that is unfortunately going to keep it from the pack...it only works with vanilla swords because of the way he coded it. If he can find a better way then maybe, but for now that is too limiting to be able to add to the pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissLid

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
SNIPPAGE

Those are presents from the local citizens. They'll toss them at you, nothing is falling off of the shelves (I think). :p

Ya, there are a few issues currently with tinkers construct and they have all been reported...with Mdiyo gone updates have been...slow. I wish I had a solution for it, but until they update it is one of the unfortunate casualties for now. Also, 1.7.10 just generally seems laggy in general. I have found however (and several in this thread can attest to it) that @Strikingwolf has a phenomenal JVM argument you can use in the launcher that helps enormously with lag.

SNIPPAGE

Yes, I agree that the JVM arguments help immensely. :)

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Followup note: Did some more research on the Dynamic Sword Skills....one really glaring issue that is unfortunately going to keep it from the pack...it only works with vanilla swords because of the way he coded it. If he can find a better way then maybe, but for now that is too limiting to be able to add to the pack.

Oh yeah that... I have spoken with both authors of Tinkers Construct and Dynamic Sword Skills before and they kinda just gave me an API to give to each other... And not do anything about it. xD
Hmm I guess I could try to find someone to make a patch to fix that :p
So until then, guess i wont be seeing it anytime soon :3

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator I've done some research, and it appears the Morph data is saved in the level.dat file. Via NBTExplorer, I found it under Data > Player > ForgeData > PlayerPersisted > MorphSave.

I'm going to try copying over the morph data (if I can) to my new level.dat file (after backing it up) and see if I can recover my morph list that way.

Results:
A fiery success!
2014-10-02_012618_zps64337793.png

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator I've done some research, and it appears the Morph data is saved in the level.dat file. Via NBTExplorer, I found it under Data > Player > ForgeData > PlayerPersisted > MorphSave.

I'm going to try copying over the morph data (if I can) to my new level.dat file (after backing it up) and see if I can recover my morph list that way.

Results:
A fiery success!
Excellent! Though that does seem to be advanced for most, but I'll note it for the instructions.
Railcraft Steel worked to turn in :) not Artifice
Well, at least it worked finally! lol. I'll double check the coal coke though. :)

Oh yeah that... I have spoken with both authors of Tinkers Construct and Dynamic Sword Skills before and they kinda just gave me an API to give to each other... And not do anything about it. xD
Hmm I guess I could try to find someone to make a patch to fix that :p
So until then, guess i wont be seeing it anytime soon :3
Does not surprise me, I run into just that excuse every time I report cross-compatibility bugs all the time lately

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, kind of the down side to being a sandbox game. Ideally in SSP you guys play how you want to, but for the full experience, treat the town as any true hero would! :)

In a server, I would expect a server admin to use a tool like mytown to protect everything.

Contact @SatanicSanta or @Qazplm601 for JVM args

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I have been summoned
what is your request, mortals.....
hmm? JVM args? oh, thats all? well, no need to put you into a pact to sell me your soul for those.
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts
[DOUBLEPOST=1412251338][/DOUBLEPOST]
Woops, my bad! I had just finished reading one of your posts, lmao. You're right, mr santa in the JVM guy....lol
:( such sadface.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I have been summoned
what is your request, mortals.....
hmm? JVM args? oh, thats all? well, no need to put you into a pact to sell me your soul for those.
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts
[DOUBLEPOST=1412251338][/DOUBLEPOST]
:( such sadface.
Thanks for stopping by!

What happens when I try to answer posts just before bed time...lmao

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys