[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using any of the JVM arguments we've posted about? Most have also found success using those combine with a full PC restart right before playing as well.

No, I have not found no such info arguments to the JVM. But that's just because I can not speak English and it dauerd the entire thread to translate, so that you understand it well.

Reactions: GreatOrator

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
Just had the funniest thing happen... i had just made a leadstone flux capacitor (hadn't even turned it in) and i held my repair ring to fix my weapon... and it turned the LFC into the tuberous version..

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just had the funniest thing happen... i had just made a leadstone flux capacitor (hadn't even turned it in) and i held my repair ring to fix my weapon... and it turned the LFC into the tuberous version..
Hmmm, that could be an issue...i'll test that (though will be a bit difficult with the unique artifacts). I may need to report that.
Thank you so much. Have tested the JVM arguments right now. Reach now up to 7 FPS, so unfortunately not yet playable :(
Glad you got them, try also rebooting your pc and make sure you are using the lates java 7 as well for optimal results

--Side note...Been doing some map tweaking (Anyone who knows me knows I am never 100% satisfied with my builds...MORE DECORATION!) but, I have also trimmed down the region files to what is exactly needed for the map...this means less area that is involved with updates if all goes well and a smaller update download.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
@Internuntius - Fastcraft should be available on the IC2 forums. Can't put a link because he will only allow people to download since he still considers it in early alpha/beta. You can alo do a search here in FTB as there are references to the mod and links in what's new in modded minecraft today topic as well.

Ok, so pruning complete. Any region files created outside of this list:

r0.0
r0.1
r0.2
r-1.0
r-1.1
r-1.2
r-2.0
r-2.1
r-2.2

Is safe to move to/build in as they are outside of what is created in this map. Basically it is 32 chunks in any direction from the spawn point.

Once I finish and get the next official update out I will post this in the OP.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
New results:

With Fast Craft ---------------Maximum 5 FPS
with Optifine and Fast Craft: 2 FPS maximum

I really think I have to buy a better PC for this pack :( and that I can´t

But the ModPack looks really interesting, I dare say that it is the best ModPack at FTB.

Edit:

Now I have broken it :( - "Black Screen" - even after a Force Update :(

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
New results:

With Fast Craft ---------------Maximum 5 FPS
with Optifine and Fast Craft: 2 FPS maximum

I really think I have to buy a better PC for this pack :( and that I can´t

But the ModPack looks really interesting, I dare say that it is the best ModPack at FTB.
Thank you! Not sure then, something has to be causing that and I don;t think it is necessarily your pc stats, but can't figure it out unfortunately.

I do have plans to hopefully get a server going for this pack and that may help since your client will only be responsible for half of what is needed...time will tell

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great Pack:) I was just wondering a few things.
1: How have you guys started playing after the first few quest? (Do you guys commandeer a house and make it your own, or venture far out and start to build your own base?)
2: Is there a vender that sells enderpearls/or Elevator blocks?
3: Any tips, tricks, or advise on were new adventurers start when you get the mob kill quest?

Happy Gaming:)

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
1: How have you guys started playing after the first few quest? (Do you guys commandeer a house and make it your own, or venture far out and start to build your own base?)
3: Any tips, tricks, or advise on were new adventurers start when you get the mob kill quest?

1. Best not to commandeer a house due to the fact that on updates there's a small chance that you will loose your stuff in the house and it will reset. Follow Quest line it will help you find a place for your home eventually.
2. Don't know haven't memorized all the vendors yet.
3. Graveyard and Sewers do seem to have some issues that you can assist the guards with.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Glad you are enjoying the pack! If you visit the mages you may be amazed at what they will randomly provide you! (including a way to teleport around)

As for getting on your own two feet, I left it opened ended on purpose. The idea was that the quests and adventures would provide something to do in between any mining or building you may do and purposely was not meant to get you to top-tier without starting out on your own. (though some bags MAY reward you handsomely :) )

Ideally, you would complete the ancient quest and use the key which will randomly teleport you somewhere outside the pregenerated chunks/regions and allow you to get started on your own base with the supplies you get as rewards. If you use the item that brandon in the mage tower gives you to mark a place in town, you can easily return when/if you want to continue on your adventures!

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you guys for the great help:) I am not ready to adventure into the sewers just yet. I made that mistake several times, and I died even with full iron armor. Creepers always seem to get you from behind down there.lol Is there anything hiden down there? (you don't have to say were or what), or is it just full of creepers? That's all I have seen so far. Thanks again.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you guys for the great help:) I am not ready to adventure into the sewers just yet. I made that mistake several times, and I died even with full iron armor. Creepers always seem to get you from behind down there.lol Is there anything hiden down there? (you don't have to say were or what), or is it just full of creepers? That's all I have seen so far. Thanks again.
Well, there are other nasties as well, and, well, there is a "reason" they are getting into the sewers....

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.10 (edited to correct version, quotes from before will have wrong version#)
TC is not playing nice with Refined Relocation as well.

While starting up my stream I found another thing: If you have TC items in your hotbar, the display for the sorting chest/barrels (right click w/open hand) is also messed up - none of the checkboxes are visible on the LH side until you mouse over them. Happens in vanilla and spax textures.

Last edited:

kittana

Jul 29, 2019

While starting up my stream I found another thing: If you have TC items in your hotbar, the display for the sorting chest/barrels (right click w/open hand) is also messed up - none of the checkboxes are visible on the LH side until you mouse over them. Happens in vanilla and spax textures.

Same for me...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Oooooooooooooh fancy pack
Thank you!

that sounds like a rendering issue.......well, know what I'll be busy doing tonight, tracking down the cause of the tic stuff...would hate to have to remove it.....let's see what I can find out this weekend.

I do know boni mentioned changing how things rendered recently, maybe that's the cause

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
This I have now tried everything to TolkinCraft II on my AMD Cuad Core 3GHz, 8GB RAM, 1024MB Radeon 6670, Win 7 Home 64 bit to get and Java 7_67 to run to, with a playable FPS.

PC complet reinstalled ---> no success, max. 5 FPS
Java 8 is playing ---> no success, max. 1 FPS
Java 7 installed again and tried with all the arguments from the forum by ---> no success, max. 8 FPS or blackscreen or PC crash
FTB reinstalled ---> no success, max. 5 FPS
Optifine installed ---> no success, max. 5 FPS
Fast Craft installed ---> black screen
Optifine + Fast Craft ---> black screen

So I now truly believe that my PC is too weak for TolkinCraft II. I think that's a shame, because I really think it is the best package in FTB, it is. And a new PC, I can not afford it as early retirees.

Too bad, really bad.

---

Sorry for my bad English, I never learned it. I use the Google translator to post here, hope you understand everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator