[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
I have been summoned
what is your request, mortals.....
hmm? JVM args? oh, thats all? well, no need to put you into a pact to sell me your soul for those.
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts
[DOUBLEPOST=1412251338][/DOUBLEPOST]
:( such sadface.

No sadface :) only happy faces... so these are the newest and best JVM args around eh?

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
I have been summoned
what is your request, mortals.....
hmm? JVM args? oh, thats all? well, no need to put you into a pact to sell me your soul for those.
-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256M -DJINTEGRA_NATIVE_MODE -DJINTEGRA_COINIT_VALUE=0 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42 -XX:CompileThreshold=1500 -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xverify:none -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -Xrs -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts
[DOUBLEPOST=1412251338][/DOUBLEPOST]
:( such sadface.

Gleep! So many arguments I have no clue about. :p And more than SatanicSanta had in his list... I guess I'll be needing time in the next few days to check 'em out to see if any of those'll help me some more. Thanks!

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Gleep! So many arguments I have no clue about. :p And more than SatanicSanta had in his list... I guess I'll be needing time in the next few days to check 'em out to see if any of those'll help me some more. Thanks!
Yeah I noticed he had more to his than santa...was planing on testing them myself to see how it differs or how much better (or worse) it works for me.
these are best for me, but remember,
1.jvm args are not one set fits all.
2.more != better.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, folks. So, with the Java Argument, do I just copy and paste it in the box labelled 'additional java parameters' under advanced options on the launcher? Sorry if I sound less than intelligent but I've never done this stuff before.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback, folks. So, with the Java Argument, do I just copy and paste it in the box labelled 'additional java parameters' under advanced options on the launcher? Sorry if I sound less than intelligent but I've never done this stuff before.
Yup, that's exactly where!

You sound fine by the way. Heck, you knew where to find the box to put it, that's way more than a lot of people honestly! lol

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Generated a new world and got an error for missing blocks. IS this to be expected?
Yes. Due to crashing issues @GreatOrator had to remove a mod until it gets fixed.

======
Speaking of fixing things - copying over the MorphData in the level.dat file /may/ be dangerous. I'm not certain at this point. At the end of my stream my Wand of the Forest (Botania) stopped working properly when I'd just been using it shortly before with no problem. I've spent the last 4 hours messing around trying to a) recover my hours of play today and b) try narrow down what caused it. I have managed to recover my efforts of today for the most part, however, I'm still not certain what caused it - except that it seems that my level.dat file got corrupted somehow (even though I can still look at it fine in NBTExplorer) data wise. ETA: See post below. Level.dat is NOT corrupted, nor does the Morph Data appear to be at fault.

So under the theory that it /might/ have been what I did with the MorphData, I cut back my recovery of that and only transferred the vanilla minecraft bat with its settings, ensuring that naming etc was correct for that part of the subtree, counts were right etc. A vanilla mob seems the safest of any of that data to try retain. Also, it doesn't really make sense to me that 'bad' or outdated data in MorphData could have caused an issue with a Botania item but... *shrug* who knows! Not me at any rate. :p It is also possible that NBTExplorer is itself causing a corruption when I saved the change.

So... yeah. Lots of possibilities for the origin of the issue. A) updated mods B) Me wanting to keep MorphData, C) NBTExplorer foobarring somethine else in the level.dat file when it saved it, D) any combination of the above, E) feline shennanigans.

I'm going to spend a bit of time messing about with my recovered (and backed up!) world tonight seeing if I can replicate the problem (which, by the way didn't cause any crashes, or at a quick glance anything obvious to me in the ftb log). If it happens again, I'll start with a fresh level.dat file and leave it unmolested and see if it reoccurs. And try go through the FTB log with a finer toothed comb to see if anything pops up that seems suspicious that might give a clue.

ETA: See my post below, narrowing in on what is happening. Based on my testing the answer appears to be A) Updated Mods - in particular Tinker's Construct and/or Botania interaction.

Last edited:

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
2.0.10 - Using Spax textures

All righty then. >.> This is beyond wierd. When I have (probably) any TC weapon or tool in my hotbar my Wand of the Forest (Botania) won't work. By "won't work" I mean that the WotF won't display info properly when you hover over a Botania item (flower, mana spreader, etc) - it doesn't show the mana level or any text.

I tested this issue with a fresh iron pick, my silky and my smelting picks, my axe, my lumber axe, my excavator, my hammer, ... at that point I stopped testing tools. All the ones I tested caused the WotF to cease functioning. As soon as you take the offending item out of the hotbar the WotF starts working again. This was a world with my MorphData of only a bat copied over, FYI.

Since I have no access to cheat mode now I can't give myself relevant items in a fresh world to test if this happens there. So the best I could do to confirm it wasn't my MorphData>bat recovery, was to go into my world with an untouched level.dat and return to the base and check. The broken behavior detailed above still occurs even with a fresh level.dat file.

I feel pretty comfortable at this point in saying it wasn't my level.dat file shennanigans that caused this issue. Can someone else confirm this error occurs for them in their world? Or perhaps @GreatOrator can try replicate it in a fresh world with his nifty god-like powers. ;)

ETA: I got to wondering if this is a texture issue. Going to go to vanilla textures and check.
ETA2: Same issue occurs with vanilla texture. Texture pack is also innocent.

Last edited:

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019

All righty then. >.> This is beyond wierd. When I have (probably) any TC weapon or tool in my hotbar my Wand of the Forest (Botania) won't work. By "won't work" I mean that the WotF won't display info properly when you hover over a Botania item (flower, mana spreader, etc) - it doesn't show the mana level or any text.

I tested this issue with a fresh iron pick, my silky and my smelting picks, my axe, my lumber axe, my excavator, my hammer, ... at that point I stopped testing tools. All the ones I tested caused the WotF to cease functioning. As soon as you take the offending item out of the hotbar the WotF starts working again. This was a world with my MorphData of only a bat copied over, FYI.

Since I have no access to cheat mode now I can't give myself relevant items in a fresh world to test if this happens there. So the best I could do to confirm it wasn't my MorphData>bat recovery, was to go into my world with an untouched level.dat and return to the base and check. The broken behavior detailed above still occurs even with a fresh level.dat file.

I feel pretty comfortable at this point in saying it wasn't my level.dat file shennanigans that caused this issue. Can someone else confirm this error occurs for them in their world? Or perhaps @GreatOrator can try replicate it in a fresh world with his nifty god-like powers. ;)

ETA: I got to wondering if this is a texture issue. Going to go to vanilla textures and check.

If you load LAN you can allow cheats.

kittana

Jul 29, 2019

wow nice troubleshooting :) Haven't done any of the magic line yet... still working my way through tech.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Very good looking and promising package. Great map, all very consistent. Unfortunately, it seems to need a high end PC gamers get it to play with a nice FPS rate, which is a shame. So my AMD Cuad Core 3GHz with 8GB RAM and a Radeon 6670 1024MB is not strong enough :(

I do not know if it is possible, but it would be great if you could lower the system requirements.

And please excuse my bad english, I never learned it. And use the Goggle Translator.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
--snippage--
Wow, excellent troubleshooting! I will test this in my creative world to see as well. If I can replicate I will report it. Though to be honest tinkers seems to be, ummm, not very responsive shall we say? But your account is very well done. I had wondered why you were offline last night, sorry about that!
But yeah, as @lbjodom said, if you go into LAN mode you can access cheats that way, just be careful as some of the mods will act weird in server mode (part of the reason why I don't have a server version yet).
Very good looking and promising package. Great map, all very consistent. Unfortunately, it seems to need a high end PC gamers get it to play with a nice FPS rate, which is a shame. So my AMD Cuad Core 3GHz with 8GB RAM and a Radeon 6670 1024MB is not strong enough :(

I do not know if it is possible, but it would be great if you could lower the system requirements.

And please excuse my bad english, I never learned it. And use the Goggle Translator.
Naw man, your english is fine! Actually many have been having success with the JVM arguments from (making sure I get this right this time) @SatanicSanta or @Qazplm601 since you have enough power (you are not too far off of my system actually)
Updated to v2.0.10. from 2.0.8 Suddenly a wild ARS Magica appears. Awesome one of my favorite mods!
Yup, one of the last major mods I had been waiting on! I almost had not released this pack because I was waiting on him, just glad he finally updated.

Generated a new world and got an error for missing blocks. IS this to be expected?
And yes, as Val mentioned, I had to throw out an emergency update and did not get the chance to reload the map after removing that mod. It works fine and the good news is ChickenBones seems to have fixed it so the next update will have an updated NEI (here's hoping the bugginess we've seen has been fixed) and wireless redstone will finally be in the pack as well.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, excellent troubleshooting! I will test this in my creative world to see as well. If I can replicate I will report it. Though to be honest tinkers seems to be, ummm, not very responsive shall we say? But your account is very well done. I had wondered why you were offline last night, sorry about that!
But yeah, as @lbjodom said, if you go into LAN mode you can access cheats that way, just be careful as some of the mods will act weird in server mode (part of the reason why I don't have a server version yet).

Naw man, your english is fine! Actually many have been having success with the JVM arguments from (making sure I get this right this time) @SatanicSanta or @Qazplm601 since you have enough power (you are not too far off of my system actually)

Yup, one of the last major mods I had been waiting on! I almost had not released this pack because I was waiting on him, just glad he finally updated.

And yes, as Val mentioned, I had to throw out an emergency update and did not get the chance to reload the map after removing that mod. It works fine and the good news is ChickenBones seems to have fixed it so the next update will have an updated NEI (here's hoping the bugginess we've seen has been fixed) and wireless redstone will finally be in the pack as well.

But I only manage a maximum of 2 FPS. :( And that eyeshot the DEFAULT texture, with one chunk and everything else out.

Reactions: GreatOrator