[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
So two things...

One, how's anyone/everyone's town builds coming?

Two, ChickenBones released chickenchunks finally for 1.7.10 so would everyone prefer that (high creation cost loaders) or keep the existing dimensional anchors (same usage, far smaller cost to create)

I vote for dimensional anchors. Not that I've used them yet, but I like the cheaper cost. After all, RP wise it doesn't make sense that stuff stops functioning (for example) at your farm just because you moved too far away. The sun is out, crops should keep growing! :p Deities, please nerf RL! The cats use the litter box when I'm not at home! Too OP! ;)

Also a question: Is Refined Relocation going to be updated in 2.0.9? 'Cause I found something odd. I don't think its a user error (which was the case with the hopper barrels - got that working :p). The oddity is that you can't set the module extraction above 127 ticks or it just stops sending stuff through the relocation tube. See screenshot for the max settings I could use (tick wise) and still have stuff go through the tube.

2014-09-30_200403_zps8de416b1.png

Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for dimensional anchors. Not that I've used them yet, but I like the cheaper cost. After all, RP wise it doesn't make sense that stuff stops functioning (for example) at your farm just because you moved too far away. The sun is out, crops should keep growing! :p Deities, please nerf RL! The cats use the litter box when I'm not at home! Too OP! ;)

Also a question: Is Refined Relocation going to be updated in 2.0.9? 'Cause I found something odd. I don't think its a user error (which was the case with the hopper barrels - got that working :p). The oddity is that you can't set the module extraction above 127 ticks or it just stops sending stuff through the relocation tube. See screenshot for the max settings I could use (tick wise) and still have stuff go through the tube.
So, yes, the next update also has an update relocation...so if you get the same issue I will report it to him. Matter of fact I managed to get all mods that were updated to today into the 2.0.9 update as well as some other new "features" which I will detail more once it is pushed out. Even wireless redstone is now in the pack![DOUBLEPOST=1412130167][/DOUBLEPOST]
So Toads are talking to me and my map is broken. Have I lost my mind?
LOL! Did not think anyone would actually talk to them, but yeah, it is a medieval fantasy world after all, why not?

Not sure what's up with your map though....see if it may have been put into underground mode accidentally.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Megmachunian

Jul 29, 2019
So, yes, the next update also has an update relocation...so if you get the same issue I will report it to him. Matter of fact I managed to get all mods that were updated to today into the 2.0.9 update as well as some other new "features" which I will detail more once it is pushed out. Even wireless redstone is now in the pack![DOUBLEPOST=1412130167][/DOUBLEPOST]
LOL! Did not think anyone would actually talk to them, but yeah, it is a medieval fantasy world after all, why not?

Not sure what's up with your map though....see if it may have been put into underground mode accidentally.
Checked that several times. Doesn't seem to be it

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
So, yes, the next update also has an update relocation...so if you get the same issue I will report it to him. Matter of fact I managed to get all mods that were updated to today into the 2.0.9 update as well as some other new "features" which I will detail more once it is pushed out. Even wireless redstone is now in the pack!

Awesome! Now let's hope it appears in the launcher in time for Wed and doesn't have any issues with the downloading. :p I'll make a note to check to see if I can set the time slower than 127 ticks after I update.
That would be your current level

Side note...last minute testing, newest versions of NEI and other cickenbones mods crashed the game on startup or on inventory open so those will not be updated.

Well dang it. Ah well. Hopefully they'll get sorted for the next one!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, been informed 2.0.9 is up on the launcher! Many small tweaks to the quest book and customnpc quests based on your feedback, and a couple new "easter eggs"

Most mods have been updated to their current versions as of 9pm pacific time last night but chickenbones mods were not because of multiple crash issues they caused.

A few more config tweaks as well.

Let me know what you find as this SHOULD hopefully be the final map update moving forward if we are lucky.

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
oh yay! Will backup everything and get right to it...

Going to move out the whole folder and do a redownload - see if anything changes with the paintings in the castle.. before i copy over my things

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
oh yay! Will backup everything and get right to it...

Going to move out the whole folder and do a redownload - see if anything changes with the paintings in the castle.. before i copy over my things
i have found that if you just make sure everything you hold dear is in new generation and only copy over the customnpc and hqm folders from your old save works best. You get to keep everything you own AND reduce risk of id issues from copying your level.dat (of course copy over the new regions too)

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
First load up - created new world... then boom crash only changes made were to the sound and video settings...

http://pastebin.com/hfbQidke[DOUBLEPOST=1412184236][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have found that if you just make sure everything you hold dear is in new generation and only copy over the customnpc and hqm folders from your old save works best. You get to keep everything you own AND reduce risk of id issues from copying your level.dat (of course copy over the new regions too)

What is in the level.dat anyway? Probably should have put all my stuff in chests?

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
So, been informed 2.0.9 is up on the launcher! Many small tweaks to the quest book and customnpc quests based on your feedback, and a couple new "easter eggs"

Most mods have been updated to their current versions as of 9pm pacific time last night but chickenbones mods were not because of multiple crash issues they caused.

A few more config tweaks as well.

Let me know what you find as this SHOULD hopefully be the final map update moving forward if we are lucky.

Whoot! I'll get started updating as soon as I have my lunch. Hm so yer saying empty out my character's stuff into a chest, and do everything we did last time to update /except/ don't copy over level.dat. Correct? I'd love to get rid of the sound blast when I start up... ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1412184389][/DOUBLEPOST]
First load up - created new world... then boom crash only changes made were to the sound and video settings...

http://pastebin.com/hfbQidke[DOUBLEPOST=1412184236][/DOUBLEPOST]

What is in the level.dat anyway? Probably should have put all my stuff in chests?

Ack! :( Good thing I'm having lunch first...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
sigh....if lockdown is not in the archive that means they may have download the wrong item...let me double check to make sure then report...every single time lately there are issues when they push the update.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys