[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the honor system isn't a valid one to me. I use the resources a game hands to me.
The loot bags still remove a large portion of the content. If I get cobalt tools as my friend did, they can be used to mine ardite and more cobalt and suddenly after a couple quests, 10 minutes into the game, you can make manyullyn gear. I seem to get ridiculous rewards more often than not as well.That's just too broken for me. Not to mention there's not really any point doing harder quests when you can do 5 easier quests and get better rewards for it. Bags need tiers at least.

It's all about progression, and the bags really screw that up. Looting towns too, but that's an easier fix.

EDIT: I see well I hope someone mods the pack to fix a lot of the progression issues, or a server goes up with some fixes. That'd be great.
The bags do have tiers, but the actual award is a lottery, yes they are weighted to most likely give you the stuff for the expected tier, but hey, you can get lucky.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL!

Val has gotten enough flares to make a house out of them now...heck even on the server she already got a set! Myself personally did not get any of the good stuff from bags until after I had been mining and set up a base and quarry. I think even ranger is still waiting for his wyvern set or ring

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL!

Val has gotten enough flares to make a house out of them now...heck even on the server she already got a set! Myself personally did not get any of the good stuff from bags until after I had been mining and set up a base and quarry. I think even ranger is still waiting for his wyvern set or ring

Yeah, It wasn't until I opened my tenth bag I finely got a ring:) I have a small backpack full of flares.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
The more I watch people play, the more I want to add some actual trolly rewards...

NoNOOOOno!!! Now why would you want to do that:) lol Well just a few, as long as the good ones stay in. You know what will happen, you will have the same people not liking the troll ones either. I'm ok with it. I have not taken anything from the starting area, however I have already decided that when I start over I am going to be a ti rent, a raid everything.lol JKJK For some reason my moral compass bleeds over into games, and I still can't be evil.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
NoNOOOOno!!! Now why would you want to do that:) lol Well just a few, as long as the good ones stay in. You know what will happen, you will have the same people not liking the troll ones either. I'm ok with it. I have not taken anything from the starting area, however I have already decided that when I start over I am going to be a ti rent, a raid everything.lol JKJK For some reason my moral compass bleeds over into games, and I still can't be evil.
Naw, was joking, I am perfectly happy with the way I have everything setup. The overwhelming majority of players have been enjoying the pack and it's setup, besides, this is how I envisioned it.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
on my newest run i got angel ring from first basic bag you get from the fountain and then on the quest to explore the town i got the wyvern pick and then from the blacksmith i got wyvern armor it is insane.

Reactions: GreatOrator

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
on my newest run i got angel ring from first basic bag you get from the fountain and then on the quest to explore the town i got the wyvern pick and then from the blacksmith i got wyvern armor it is insane.

Wait, the Blacksmith gave you a Wyvern armor? or you got it in a bag? The only thing he ever gave me on my daily visit's was an iron sword.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL!

Yeah, in the very first bag I opened on the server, I got my nemesis... lol

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started playing the pack and I love the concept, design, and map. But it seems I can only play for 15-30 minutes at a time until my fps takes a nose dive from great to stopped. I have 8gb ram and I have tested 3-6gb dedicated to the modpack at any given time. I have Fastcraft installed. I have a beefy processor that isn't getting maxed out. Only thing left is it try optifine but I've never seen that improve much or am I missing something?

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started playing the pack and I love the concept, design, and map. But it seems I can only play for 15-30 minutes at a time until my fps takes a nose dive from great to stopped. I have 8gb ram and I have tested 3-6gb dedicated to the modpack at any given time. I have Fastcraft installed. I have a beefy processor that isn't getting maxed out. Only thing left is it try optifine but I've never seen that improve much or am I missing something?

Are you using the recommended Java arguments?