[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
All right, I updated to 2.3.1 via FTB Launcher. Did the simple update instructions (copy customnpcs, region files). Had a look around and the first weird thing I noticed is that my journeymap waypoints were missing. I exited the world and investigated. It seems that this version of Journeymap created a new folder under minecraft/journeymap/data/sp that was the name of my world but with a tilda instead of the space in the name. I deleted the tilda version and renamed my old folder (with a space) to the new tilda name. After doing this then entering my world gave me my waypoints.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
did you create a way to get chisel i cant seem to find your work around.
Yeah, I have to add it in a small update...apparently the mods load differently now so the workaround i had no longer works...Just going to add a "quest" in the journal area to "buy" the chisel or spade
for now, you will have to cheat one in

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Everything running smoothly so far until I got to the Journey Onwards HQM quest, the key is still not being detected by the quest book.

i was able to get this by opening world to lan getting the npc wand going into creative and using wand check the ancients drops and copying the key that he would drop.

Reactions: GreatOrator

wrongcoder

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to send RF into the AE2 energy acceptor. I've tried pointing a clockwork engine into it, I've tried putting a survivalist generator next to it, and I've tried outputting a leadstone energy cell into it. Do I have to use an energy transfer node and energy transfer pipe? If it matters, the energy acceptor is sitting on top of a crystal growth accelerator and there's nothing else on that ME network.

I haven't tried it with a leadstone energy cell, but seems to work fine for me with a hardened cell going straight into it...

Thanks. That encouraged me to have a closer look. It turns out that you indeed cannot feed power from a Survivalist Generator or a Clockwork Engine directly into an Energy Acceptor -- at least, I couldn't get it to work. As for the Leadstone Energy Cell, well, let's just say that it helps to have the thing set to the correct redstone mode!

RichieTheGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say I am happy GO and Co are working so hard to kick ASS on this Modpack. I've been watching Val since before she was Streaming and I'm one of her longest running stream watchers. I am really happy she was able to contribute to this modpack as much as she has and I'm very proud to say that I REALLy love the intro she did for it! ~RTG the crazy one.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Crash related to a black chocobo when I try to shift-right click to access the saddlebags. This on @TheRangerX 's server. Note: I was able to access said bag until I put the chocobo into a golden lasso then took him out again. Its repeatable for me, happened twice.

URL of crash log
Reported! Nice find!
I have to say I am happy GO and Co are working so hard to kick ASS on this Modpack. I've been watching Val since before she was Streaming and I'm one of her longest running stream watchers. I am really happy she was able to contribute to this modpack as much as she has and I'm very proud to say that I REALLy love the intro she did for it! ~RTG the crazy one.
Thank you richie! glad you are liking the pack!

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
hey GreatOrator had to go into hqm edit mode cause even though i killed the troll before i spoke to the ancient and got the kep the "percise item" setting for the key it didnt register the key so i had to set it to "fuzzy" in order for it to pick it up, not sure what causes it to not register that key but i think in fuzzy mode it will register any key that is the :1 type, anyways just thought i would let you know, awesome pack am loving it

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
hey GreatOrator had to go into hqm edit mode cause even though i killed the troll before i spoke to the ancient and got the kep the "percise item" setting for the key it didnt register the key so i had to set it to "fuzzy" in order for it to pick it up, not sure what causes it to not register that key but i think in fuzzy mode it will register any key that is the :1 type, anyways just thought i would let you know, awesome pack am loving it
Yeah, I usually put ignore NBT only because it would let you complete using the INN keys with fuzzy. But basically yeah, that is fixed on my test world and should be updated in the next update as well as a few crash fixes for mods. Plan is to have it out tomorrow night hopefully?

Glad you are enjoying the pack!

omocho

Jul 29, 2019
Probably one of my favourite packs to date, but I do have some gripes with it.
The biggest one is that it's simply too easy. I think the pre-built towns should have protections so you can't just loot and pillage it for all the resources you could ever need. Not to mention the laughable quest and locked doors...just dig through the wall right beside it. Though this is a problem i'm sure is fixed by playing it on a server with proper protections in place.
But also the loot bags are ridiculous. I got full wyvern gear from one, and my friend got an item (a ring I think?) that granted him infinite flight. Perhaps for some giant, epic quests these rewards would be fine (though creative fly mode should -never- easily exist imo, ruins the game) but not for walking here and there.
The main appeal I see for this pack is definitely on a server with lots of people. But as it stands the pack is just too easy. The pack hands you endgame items from the getgo and it just left me with a "meh why actually do anything then." feeling, which is sad.

That said...are there any servers out there right now for this that have a decent population? I know there's the official pack server but with a capacity of 10 people I can't imagine it's too populated... this pack would be amazing on a huge server.

Reactions: GreatOrator

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest one is that it's simply too easy. I think the pre-built towns should have protections so you can't just loot and pillage it for all the resources you could ever need. Not to mention the laughable quest and locked doors...just dig through the wall right beside it. Though this is a problem i'm sure is fixed by playing it on a server with proper protections in place.
But also the loot bags are ridiculous. I got full wyvern gear from one, and my friend got an item (a ring I think?) that granted him infinite flight. Perhaps for some giant, epic quests these rewards would be fine (though creative fly mode should -never- easily exist imo, ruins the game) but not for walking here and there.
The main appeal I see for this pack is definitely on a server with lots of people. But as it stands the pack is just too easy. The pack hands you endgame items from the getgo and it just left me with a "meh why actually do anything then." feeling, which is sad.

That said...are there any servers out there right now for this that have a decent population? I know there's the official pack server but with a capacity of 10 people I can't imagine it's too populated... this pack would be amazing on a huge server.

The thing is that you need to remember that you are a hero so therefore robbing the town is a bad act so a "hero" wouldn't do that but you are allowed to play anyway you want if you want to steal from the town then go ahead if you want to be the hero then i wouldnt steal. Then as far as the bags go draconic evolution adds lots of end game equipment that is ALOT better than what you get in reward bags and REALLY hard to make. then with infernal mobs you can still die if your not careful even with the armor from reward bags. But the number one rule of this pack is play as you want to have fun!!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Well, if you want to play from that perspective, sure, it is going to ruin the experience for you. As has been stated multiple times, the game is the way it is on purpose so players can do what and where they want. Try playing the way a real hero would and you'll see it is quite fun. Myabe watch vals stream or her first day videos if you want some direction. SSP can be as fun as SMP (well, ok SMP is always more fun no matter what since you are playing with others)
The bags were that way on purpose, and since it is a lottery, sure, you could luck out and get the good stuff early, or like some you could repeatedly get flares...

omocho

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is that you need to remember that you are a hero so therefore robbing the town is a bad act so a "hero" wouldn't do that but you are allowed to play anyway you want if you want to steal from the town then go ahead if you want to be the hero then i wouldnt steal. Then as far as the bags go draconic evolution adds lots of end game equipment that is ALOT better than what you get in reward bags and REALLY hard to make. then with infernal mobs you can still die if your not careful even with the armor from reward bags. But the number one rule of this pack is play as you want to have fun!!

Yeah the honor system isn't a valid one to me. I use the resources a game hands to me.
The loot bags still remove a large portion of the content. If I get cobalt tools as my friend did, they can be used to mine ardite and more cobalt and suddenly after a couple quests, 10 minutes into the game, you can make manyullyn gear. I seem to get ridiculous rewards more often than not as well.That's just too broken for me. Not to mention there's not really any point doing harder quests when you can do 5 easier quests and get better rewards for it. Bags need tiers at least.

It's all about progression, and the bags really screw that up. Looting towns too, but that's an easier fix.

EDIT: I see well I hope someone mods the pack to fix a lot of the progression issues, or a server goes up with some fixes. That'd be great.

Reactions: loudwhitenoise