[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is going to sound strange, but "I Thank you from the bottom of my Heart" for making this pack, and working so hard on it. It has & still is a very enjoyable modpack, and has helped keep my mind off of troublesome things! Thanks again:)
Glad to hear that and thank you!
So I just started playing the pack and I love the concept, design, and map. But it seems I can only play for 15-30 minutes at a time until my fps takes a nose dive from great to stopped. I have 8gb ram and I have tested 3-6gb dedicated to the modpack at any given time. I have Fastcraft installed. I have a beefy processor that isn't getting maxed out. Only thing left is it try optifine but I've never seen that improve much or am I missing something?
Yeah, there are three things I provided info for, and some combination of them has helped nearly everyone. I personally use all three, fastcraft, optifine and the JVM arguments, the only time I have an issue is when I use f7 to check light levels for too long.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the recommended Java arguments?
The ones that you just check off in the launcher or are there ones I have to put in myself? I also thought java arguments were obselet since java 7 but I do have those checked off still. I will have to try optifine and hope for the best, got to work hard to have nice things :)

Reactions: GreatOrator

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
so hum ... i updated the server with the recent changes , and i get a " the state engine was in incorrect state errored and forced into state server_stopped. the state engine was in incorrect state errored and forced into state available. Press any key to continue... "

fresh clean install of the new server from ftb launcher. what's up?

Edit. K think i found the cause , the mod journey map was in the Mods folder on the server which shouldn't be there so it was giving me that error. like i said fresh clean installed downloaded from ftb launcher 2.3.1.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I forgot to remove that before submitting the server package, as you found just simply removing journeymap fixes it. I am waiting on a couple of mods to update to hopefully fix some issues and then will push another update, possibly thursday.

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
For better fps you could also try turning mipmap off in the minecraft options , by default it's always set to 4, turning it off improve my fps QUITE ALOT, heck i don't even know whats the purpose of that option beside lagging the client, better looking pixels ? no ty

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
hm.. when i try to connect to the server my client auto close minecraft , is there a way to safely keep all the stuff i had built / stored in chests and inventory ? i copied the data , hardcorequesting , playerdata , region folders in world folder thinking that all i needed to do , doing that gives the error above.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
The ones that you just check off in the launcher or are there ones I have to put in myself? I also thought java arguments were obselet since java 7 but I do have those checked off still. I will have to try optifine and hope for the best, got to work hard to have nice things :)

Look in your TolkiencraftII/minecraft folder for a file named FPS Solutions.txt. This file has the arguments to use with instructions on where to put them. :) Hope that helps!

hm.. when i try to connect to the server my client auto close minecraft , is there a way to safely keep all the stuff i had built / stored in chests and inventory ? i copied the data , hardcorequesting , playerdata , region folders in world folder thinking that all i needed to do , doing that gives the error above.

Did you follow the update procedure that @GreatOrator has on the OP of this thread? (The long list update process) There is quite a few more things to copy than what you listed. :)

DtZNimpo

Jul 29, 2019
K no more client exiting to desktop that's a good thing , my stuff in my inventory and bubbles seems to be intact that's another good thing. Now where the heck did my house go and all my chests x.x i built my stuff in the Overworld ? near the starter area by the lighthouse copied the region files like indicated in the update server info

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
K no more client exiting to desktop that's a good thing , my stuff in my inventory and bubbles seems to be intact that's another good thing. Now where the heck did my house go and all my chests x.x i built my stuff in the Overworld ? near the starter area by the lighthouse copied the region files like indicated in the update server info
In the OP I said avoid building in the starting regions at all costs as content updates will erase it. I even made the teleported guy send you out beyong the regions as well just for that reason. You can always restore the old regions you had, but you may bork up some of the customNPC stuff

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I usually put ignore NBT only because it would let you complete using the INN keys with fuzzy. But basically yeah, that is fixed on my test world and should be updated in the next update as well as a few crash fixes for mods. Plan is to have it out tomorrow night hopefully?

Glad you are enjoying the pack!

Yup, just confirming I had the same thing happen on the server - killed the troll, spoke to the captain who told me about the ancient one, spoke to the ancient one a few times (through the 'let me think about that' option) and he gave me the key and the charm, which completed the NPC quest, but the key didn't register in the HQM book (the charm did register in the book though).

The key does still work in the keyhole to transport you though, I landed virtually on top of a cool-looking stone brick pyramid ruin I hadn't seen before, it has waterfalls and lava traps inside and heaps of silverfish eggs in the walls! Guess I found my new (temporary) home :)

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started playing the pack and I love the concept, design, and map. But it seems I can only play for 15-30 minutes at a time until my fps takes a nose dive from great to stopped. I have 8gb ram and I have tested 3-6gb dedicated to the modpack at any given time. I have Fastcraft installed. I have a beefy processor that isn't getting maxed out. Only thing left is it try optifine but I've never seen that improve much or am I missing something?

if you port in your instances to multi mc the lag is vertually gone, but mipmap is a good option to lessen it also

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, just confirming I had the same thing happen on the server - killed the troll, spoke to the captain who told me about the ancient one, spoke to the ancient one a few times (through the 'let me think about that' option) and he gave me the key and the charm, which completed the NPC quest, but the key didn't register in the HQM book (the charm did register in the book though).

The key does still work in the keyhole to transport you though, I landed virtually on top of a cool-looking stone brick pyramid ruin I hadn't seen before, it has waterfalls and lava traps inside and heaps of silverfish eggs in the walls! Guess I found my new (temporary) home :)
I fixed it in the HQM book...again...should be in the next update which I am planning to have out tomorrow afternoon. Many bugfixes from mods, a new mod and a couple tweaks to HQM quests

Reactions: eDilettante

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally got the lag fixed! I updated to java 8 and poof fps is great. I also did all the other fixes too so it might be a combination of that but the java update was the last straw that did it. Maybe include updating java to the fps corrections?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally got the lag fixed! I updated to java 8 and poof fps is great. I also did all the other fixes too so it might be a combination of that but the java update was the last straw that did it. Maybe include updating java to the fps corrections?
That's awesome! Only reason I don't mention java 8 is a lot of people actually crash using that version

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • v2.3.2 - Bugfixes and tweaks
    • Mods Updated
      • Artifice
      • Blood Magic
      • Botania
      • Carpenter's Blocks
      • Gendustry
      • Storage Drawers
      • Unique Artifacts
      • Traveller's Gear
      • NEI
    • New Mods
      • No More Recipe Conflicts
        • Using a VANILLA crafting table you can now cycle through the recipe outputs (now you can get the chisel!)
    • Few more config Tweaks
Important to note, this was only mod and config tweaks, updates should need no interference for players!

Should be available within a couple of hours.

Dove Krindia

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

Just a quick question updating from 2.3.0 to 2.3.2 and skipping 2.3.1 is there anything else I should do updating?

This is on a server online.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, 2.3.1 had minor map and customnpc changes, so you'll want to copy over the world folder from the server package as well as the mods and configs

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
So I am loving this pack! One complaint with the LotR mod is it's lack of cities and villages. I realize that is not the pack's fault, just something I don't like. With that in mind, I have started to build Brandywine Bridge. I Haven't made much, just stared it yesterday, but I thought I would share anyway. Just place the MiddleEarth folder into you save folder and it will be located around x5380 z-820 y66.
filedropper com/middleearth

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Dont sleep guys ! :)..
Excellent! More to watch today!
So I am loving this pack! One complaint with the LotR mod is it's lack of cities and villages. I realize that is not the pack's fault, just something I don't like. With that in mind, I have started to build Brandywine Bridge. I Haven't made much, just stared it yesterday, but I thought I would share anyway. Just place the MiddleEarth folder into you save folder and it will be located around x5380 z-820 y66.
filedropper com/middleearth
That's awesome! If you want to take it upon yourself to do more builds I will be more than happy to include it in a pack update!