[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I just started playing this on a server. He was breaking a block in the shire when a hobbit got in the way and he killed it by accident. Then the Hobbit sheriff attacked him and was going to kill him, so I ended up killing the Sheriff. Now we have -2 rep with hobbits and they wont give us quests. How do we fix this?

Also...I'm confused on how to progress through the pack. I've never really played a HQM map. Do we just go about like a normal minecraft game, but do the quest book and go out looking for castles and loot or something?

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I just started playing this on a server. He was breaking a block in the shire when a hobbit got in the way and he killed it by accident. Then the Hobbit sheriff attacked him and was going to kill him, so I ended up killing the Sheriff. Now we have -2 rep with hobbits and they wont give us quests. How do we fix this?

Also...I'm confused on how to progress through the pack. I've never really played a HQM map. Do we just go about like a normal minecraft game, but do the quest book and go out looking for castles and loot or something?

I have first day videos for the pack which are linked in the OP which should answer your question of how to progress through the pack. Here is a link to the latest one:
I'll leave it to @GreatOrator or someone else who knows the answer to address your first question.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

You will have to kill mobs elsewhere to fix it...that is the penalty for not being careful

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
@Vals NoisyToys: thx ill watch it.

You will have to kill mobs elsewhere to fix it...that is the penalty for not being careful

Well its hard to be careful when they walk in front of you mid swing. Died to a lot of zombie pigmen that way. lol. What mobs do I have to kill to bring the rep back up?

*EDIT*
Nevermind. I found out how to bring my hobbit rep back up, thanks to you saying theres mobs we can kill.

I do have a quick performance question. While we are out in the middle of no where, our fps keeps dropping down every so often causing our screens to freeze. We both have 8gb of ram on our pcs, with 4gb dedicated to minecraft, using Java 8 25.. Only things we have running is skype, but i also have xsplit to record. But thats never caused fps issues before.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for the fps issues I know that LotR is a bit memory heavy due to it very custom coding, that said, The reports of the most success were players using the JVM arguments for java 7_65 instead of 8, and using either/or/and fastcraft/optifine. I myself have about 3.25 GB dedicated to the pack when I play using fastcraft and the JVM arguments and record occasionally and get decent FPS

YomiRizer

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for the fps issues I know that LotR is a bit memory heavy due to it very custom coding, that said, The reports of the most success were players using the JVM arguments for java 7_65 instead of 8, and using either/or/and fastcraft/optifine. I myself have about 3.25 GB dedicated to the pack when I play using fastcraft and the JVM arguments and record occasionally and get decent FPS
ok ill try that out. tyvm.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
woot just downloaded the update new world hype (i know i dont have to but i like to)
Oh that reminds me...the update I have in the OP about the download networks, just a slight change, but if one does not show the update, use the other mentioned.

The FTB team is aware and they are currently working to fix the issue!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Are we supposed to set our base of operations up in the same world as Draconis or in middle earth?
Up to you, if in the overworld, just make sure it is in new chunks (part of the quest progression gets access to a random teleporter that will place you safely out of the area)

wghout

Jul 29, 2019
About the 2.3.2 update. I had a problem updating because of the mod "BetterTitleScreen-1.7.10-1.1". It also says it is a client mod only. So after removing this one all seems fine.

Or is it something on my end I need to do because the mod is necesarry server side?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
About the 2.3.2 update. I had a problem updating because of the mod "BetterTitleScreen-1.7.10-1.1". It also says it is a client mod only. So after removing this one all seems fine.

Or is it something on my end I need to do because the mod is necesarry server side?
If it was in the server pack, it shouldn't have been. So removing it is fine as it is only client side.