[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Never mind, this wont work as the forge needs also needs to be a higher version, just got home and tried it out on a local install

Solved the problem using these steps:
  • Renamed my TC2 folder and allowed a fresh install to come down from the server as I didnt want to mess up my current Single player draconis saves
  • logged in to make sure all was good in my new world
  • copied the region file affected into a fresh local install of TC2 so that I would appear in draconis rather than the affected region file.
  • still had a crash so I also deleted the player data files created when I first went into TC2 to make sure all was fully reset before trying to come back in as the crash log didnt really have any info to go on when it crashed this time around.
  • logged in just fine
  • teleported myself to the location noted in my server crash log and killed the offending dark mage before the local game crashed.
  • saved on exit
  • sent the file back up to the server and all is fine again.
Your mileage may vary should you end up with the dark mage error but this worked for me.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Update 2.8.4 - The GUI Update
  • Core Mods Updated
    • Forge
    • BrandonsCore
  • Mods Updated
    • AgrciCraft
    • Blood Magic
    • Custom Main Menu
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Gravestones
    • Hard Core Questing
    • JourneyMap
    • Lord of the Rings
    • MystCraft
    • Storage Drawers
  • Configs Changed
    • Journeymap (for the new theme)
    • Damage Indicators (new theme and performance tweaks)
    • BrewCraft (mob drops should now be extraordinarily rare)
    • Few tweaks to the HQM book to fix some minor inconsistencies after recent updates)
The level.dat for the default map was also updated, so if you see anything weird block wise, replace the one in your save with the one in the new download on curseforge.

Should be available on the launcher in about an hour for both FTB and Curse (once curse speeds up their upload)

aliatic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to see the map location of the quest board quests once it's said you've completed it?
I wandered around the town, but I didn't talk to the quest givers - so now my book thinks I've 'been there' and I can't see where 'there' is supposed to be any more. Some of it is fine - because I can find the professions, but not all of them are described that way.

Anyone got a tip?

Last edited:

aliatic

Jul 29, 2019
And many many *many* (many many many) apologies if this has been asked before...

Is it possible to update the mod pack without updating the map?

I have a feeling that I built my base too close to town (I *kinda* counted the blocks, but not really even though I read all the things that told me what the min distance was... and I was being a n00b with the quests so didn't get to the ancient before starting... yeah... I know - my bad) so I'm wondering what happens regarding town-reset vs modpack update vs maps.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
First, you can use the /hqm edit command to give yourself an admin book to "un-complete" the quests to see the coords.

Second, if you updae the map and are too close, then anything built in the pregenned chunks will be wiped as well.

aliatic

Jul 29, 2019
First, you can use the /hqm edit command to give yourself an admin book to "un-complete" the quests to see the coords.

Second, if you updae the map and are too close, then anything built in the pregenned chunks will be wiped as well.

Thanks for the response!

Yes - I understand if I update the map and I'm too close my stuff will disappear. I'm asking because I'm confused as to whether updating the modpack is different or the same as updating the map? Is it the same thing, or are they two different things? So would I update the modpack and the map will stay the same unless I do something about it? WOULD I even want to update the modpack without updating the map or will that also break a bunch of stuff?

Apologies if I've misunderstood something along the way.

Also - does anyone have a screenshot of the world map with a circumference drawn around the non-safe building area? That would be super useful for visual people like myself... If not - I'll maybe try and make one. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
For the distance, the FAQ is your friend:

Q: How far away or where should I build my base?

A: The safest place to start your own base is 1024 blocks from the starting spawn point in any direction. The quest where it randomly teleports you takes this into account. The reason for this is in the even of map fixes/content updates/ anything really that involves the starting save template, will make it so it does not overwrite anything you place or build. This applies to the overworld and Middle-Earth.

For the update, yes you can update the pack and not the map, in the case of this map update (I typically say what would need to be updated on the mop change log on curse) the level.dat was the only thing that may need to be updated and only if you see block weirdness (blocks that seem to be out of place or do not make sense)

M

Masterdesade

To the GreatOrator,

I really could use some help here please. My grandchildren want to play this with me but hey keep dying and we have to restart the map everytime, Is there a way to get extra lives in this pack or a way to play the pack with no death penalty. I hope you can help me and my grandchildren out here. I did try reading the forum but did not find anything, if I missed it, please accept my apologies.

Sincerely,
GaminGrandpa

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a hardcore map, so there should not be any lives, when you start, just simply type /hqm quest to play

M

Masterdesade

This is not a hardcore map, so there should not be any lives, when you start, just simply type /hqm quest to play[/QUOk, That's

Ok, In another forum I ws told to type /hqm enable. which said that we only had 3 lives each. I will try the ?hqm quest. Thank you for your assistance.

AlucaBR

Jul 29, 2019
talking about the last update, I already have the rc4 map, I just copy the level.dat the rc5 and replace the rc4?

Jason Walsh

Jul 29, 2019
Hey GO, just spotted nasty bug or mistake maybe, the ambient audio isn't playing near the marketplace/docks nor the concerning hobbits.oog when near the bard guy, also the draconic sword/bow in the captains quarters are sticking out of their bounding box - 2.85

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Sound wise, not a bug per se, but pc specific. Minecraft uses a very old method of playing sounds and some pcs just skip it. The boxes are due to the changes from 2d images to 3d models, not much I can do about it unfortunately as they "display" size is large than most items

T

the_boo

Sound wise, not a bug per se, but pc specific. Minecraft uses a very old method of playing sounds and some pcs just skip it. The boxes are due to the changes from 2d images to 3d models, not much I can do about it unfortunately as they "display" size is large than most items

you can also revert the DE textures back to the old versions in the configs if it bothers u that much... personally, i liked the original textures better anyway

T

the_boo

so I get to isengard, talk to sarumon, walking around his area, see the node, take my nice draconic helm off that's all enchanted etc and put my goggles on to see the node, suddenly a thief shows up and steals items. I chase him down, kill him and... nothing. my helm is gone as well as my well leveled up pick. wth? How do I turn this off, cause that's incredibly unfair if you can't even get your stuff back! :(

edit: ok, guess there were more than the one bandit and in the darkness chased the wrong one. killed a different one and got my stuff back. *woooooo* Ok, rage mode off. :)

its a bit late, but the draconic helm can see nodes, you didnt need to switch to the goggles

Z

Zeronis

Hello, I had a question about Tyltran. My friend and I are playing on a server I run and we were unable to damage Tyltran. We both have the quest Troll in da hood so I'm not really sure what to do. Is there something we're missing?