[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty

My post update update:

The good:
I copied over level.dat and customnpcs folder from the world directory (rc4 map). The mods all did the moddy things that the mods were supposed to do, yay.

The bad:
  • Despite copying over the customnpc folder we lost all progress from the "l"og book, the HQM book is fine and all progress there was unaffected, but when looking at the quests from NPCs in the log we were reset. We still hadn't killed the troll or the ancient so we figured no biggie, we would just catch ourselves up in the next week or so to gear up a little better for the troll fight and just re-tackle the town quests. All went fine until it was time to clear out the bandits, Carnow's medallion is no longer dropping, probably because we picked up a flag somewhere when we did it the 1st time. Is there a way to clear said flag so we can get our hands on the medallion again?
  • As someone else experienced above, the forestry recipes are not showing up in the nei, I read that the fix is the same customnpc folder.
So is RC4 the right map to be pulling from or did I mess up by grabbing the wrong map?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Look in the quest book, I moved most of the key drops to rewards in the quest book to make it easier for parties to all get the reward when killing the NPC's

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
The quest book shows it completed as we did it before the upgrade, but we can't advance the king's dialogue now without the medallion. Without forestry giving up recipes, should I attempt the customnpc folder from /world/ again or will this compound the issue?

Our questbook also shows troll done, and coven outstanding which is where we left off at the time of upgrade.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how what you described happened, player data for CustomNPC is saved by player, are you sure you simply copied it over rather than delete it? you can always use the hqm edit command to un-complete the appropriate hqm quest

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how what you described happened, player data for CustomNPC is saved by player, are you sure you simply copied it over rather than delete it? you can always use the hqm edit command to un-complete the appropriate hqm quest

Basically the steps I took to do the upgrade was as prescribed: mods, configs and copying the customnpc folder from /world into /world. No player data files where harmed in the making of this upgrade as layed out by the Geneva Conventions. I'll see about undoing the quest with the edit, I just need to look in to HQM to figure out how.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
literally th command is /hqm edit and gives you an admin book to manage quests, this is not the same edit for building hqm

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
yes, and was asked actually at least three times in the last 5 pages, forestry (the new version) added it's own nei handler so it was removed from the nei add-ons

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Appologies, even now looking up forestry, other than a page back or so i see no mention of this and a page back or so the fix was customnpc

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I've got a bit of a problem. I died in the graveyard, and whenever I try to break/place a block in order to get my items back, nothing happens, or the block goes back to the way it was. I noticed some red particle effects flying out wherever I place blocks. Don't really want to restart, and already tried creative mode, and even then I can't break/place blocks in the graveyard.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, anti builders, you either just creative your stuff back or use the open blocks restore inventory command. but fully intended to discourage looting and/or frontal assault (think strategy)

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Me again sadly,

This time it's not really a TC2 issue as much as it's an MCA issue. I've run into the dark mage ticking entity issue that has been addressed since 5.0 of MCA. As soon as someone logs in, the server reboots.

My question is, if I upgrade do I run the risk of breaking anything in TC2?

This is all providing the upgrade actually retroactively fixes the issue, I've asked over in the MCA forum about that particular point.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// This doesn't make any sense!

Time: 12/2/15 11:53 PM
Description: Ticking entity

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking entity
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityLookHelper.func_75651_a(SourceFile:18)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIAttackOnCollide.func_75246_d(EntityAIAttackOnCollide.java:93)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:103)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:540)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1774)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:367)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:25)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1611)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:206)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:30)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityLookHelper.func_75651_a(SourceFile:18)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAIAttackOnCollide.func_75246_d(EntityAIAttackOnCollide.java:93)
at net.minecraft.entity.ai.EntityAITasks.func_75774_a(SourceFile:103)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70619_bc(EntityLiving.java:540)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70636_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1774)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70636_d(EntityLiving.java:367)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70636_d(SourceFile:25)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70071_h_(EntityLivingBase.java:1611)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLiving.func_70071_h_(EntityLiving.java:206)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:30)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)

-- Entity being ticked --
Details:
Entity Type: arsmagica2.MobDarkMage (am2.entities.EntityDarkMage)
Entity ID: 1329
Entity Name: Dark Mage
Entity's Exact location: -4065.50, 75.00, 146.50
Entity's Block location: World: (-4066,75,146), Chunk: (at 14,4,2 in -255,9; contains blocks -4080,0,144 to -4065,255,159), Region: (-8,0; contains chunks -256,0 to -225,31, blocks -4096,0,0 to -3585,255,511)
Entity's Momentum: 0.00, -0.08, 0.00
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: world
All players: 1 total; [EntityPlayerMP['TheDeanoRama'/1056, l='world', x=-4105.01, y=53.00, z=231.80]]
Chunk stats: ServerChunkCache: 1145 Drop: 0
Level seed: 1829978130134724185
Level generator: ID 05 - BIOMESOP, ver 0. Features enabled: true
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (-328,65,957), Chunk: (at 8,4,13 in -21,59; contains blocks -336,0,944 to -321,255,959), Region: (-1,1; contains chunks -32,32 to -1,63, blocks -512,0,512 to -1,255,1023)
Level time: 116859961 game time, 2246129 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x04ABD - Anvil
Level weather: Rain time: 10714 (now: true), thunder time: 27848 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: true
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Evendel

Jul 29, 2019
Copy/Pasting this from another part of the forums to try and drum up an answer :)

This is probably not a bug and more of a "How could you screw this up, it's simple!" kind of thing...I stumbled on AtomicStryker's mod Minions and thought it sounded like fun for some easy, low-level toying with. What's more fun than whipping those little guys to dig you a mineshaft straight to where are the good stuff is AND THEN GIVE YOU THE LOOT! So I poked around a little and tried adding it manually to my FTB Infinity Evolved mods and it works...in creative mode....sort of...

I noticed that the third-party pack for TolkienCraft II contains minions and it works perfectly there so somehow it is possible to make Minions work using FTB modpacks. I just don't know how. The only thing that wasn't working for me I suppose is the Minion menu which should default to the 'M' key I believe. In a creative game I can give myself the Master Staff and produce minions, and as reliably as they do, I can right click on a tree to have them start cutting down trees and right click on a chest to have them drop of their loot. I can right click on the ground to have them move to a location. I can hold the right mouse button and have them come to me, but 'M' does nothing. No confirmation of doing evil and no option to make my minions dig a mineshaft or strip mine or anything.

By manually installing it all I did was download the 1.7.10 version of his mod, then I opened the 'Mods' folder and copied the files into my Infinity 'Mods' folder, and repeated the procedure for the 'Config' folder. His site says to use Forge, but if Minions works with TCII I assumed I wouldn't need Forge. But I'm still relatively new to any modding regarding Minecraft. My son just said "Use FTB. It's good, it works, you'll have access to more mods than you'll probably need."

Any ideas? Something I did wrong? Some sorcery the makers of the TCII pack have used that I can steal?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
well, first of all, i do use forge :D

Second, you may have to rebind the key for minions if it is not coming up in the pack you are trying to add it to.

Other than that, no magic on my part, it just works :D

TheDeanoRama

Jul 29, 2019
Very likely, why I have not updated. They rewrote the code so any existing MCA stuff will disappear
What would happen if I upgraded to 5.x.x loaded up the server losing all the custom MCA but fixing the dark mage issue, then popped 4.x.x back in to then restore everything needed for TC2 to operate properly. I'm guessing I'd lose the quest log, anything else?

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, anti builders, you either just creative your stuff back or use the open blocks restore inventory command. but fully intended to discourage looting and/or frontal assault (think strategy)
Problem is I had all my stuff on me, including all my money and gear, and I haven't unlocked the lotr realm yet, so I really don't have a choice but to cheat and use the open blocks command.
Just as a suggestion, you might want to note that in the quest book, because I literally spent over an hour trying to figure out how to get my stuff back, with no idea what was actually going on. Just saying, that's a pretty good thing to know for someone who's never played the pack before, and would most likely give up on the pack after trying to get their stuff back for a while.

oliverrook

Jul 29, 2019
Also, may you please disable autosmelt as an automatic level up option. I just leveled up my pick while mining netherrack, and now all of a sudden I can no longer mine netherrack with my best pick. Same should go for silk touch. While they can be useful, most people prefer to have a specific tool that has those on them, rather than their regular tool. I also had a decent ore doubling system setup, and now I can only get 1 ingot per ore, rather than the two I was getting.
I'd much rather apply these two effects myself, rather than having them automatically, and making it so I have to create an entirely new pick to continue mining netherrack/cobblestone/ect. and getting to use my ore doubling.