[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

bbiiggffoott

Jul 29, 2019
I am running tolkiencraft 2.8.3 on a mac, and the particles are all screwy. Anyone who can tell me which files from which mods would call the image file for particles?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That would be any and all mods that have particle effects and they all typically use the default particle code in minecraft. Are you using optifine? that is a side effect of that mod.

Adem Musaoglu

Jul 29, 2019
I have found out a bug in Tolkiencraft 2...

I made a pickaxe with autosmelt:
  • Mining with this pickaxe "Ars Magica Chimerite ore" is giving me "Sunstone"
  • Mining with this Pickaxe "Ars Magica Blue Topaz Ore" is giving me "Vitneum Dust"
I have more then Autosmelt on it. In case of interest i can post the whole modifiers on my pickaxe here.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
That will be something to report over at the github or minecraft forum for tinkers tweaks. Sounds like the autosmelt is not properly identifying the ore being mined

firemagius

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I can pass on some information to help those trying to run TolkienCraft II on a Mac (even an older one like mine).

I had reinstalled three times, and had almost given up on this very promising modpack. I tried adding Optifine, tweaking it. I tried adding the java cmd line arguments without any success. Strangely enough, the first day I ran it, I had decent performance. However, whenever I quit and loaded it the following day, it was painfully slow (5-9 fps). (Which is why I blew it away and tried three separate times.)

What I eventually did was to leave Optifine out, not add the cmd line arguments, and REMOVED FastCraft. Now, I am getting 25-30 fps. I don't know why the "optimizing" mods don't play nicely with OS X (I'm running the latest - 10.11.2) or Java 8, but they don't. So, if you are having lag issues, try removing FastCraft.

Now, back to Middle Earth!

Reactions: GreatOrator

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
The work you guys put in to this modpack is really impressive. I wish someone would put this much care and detail into a fallout modpack.

Lovin' this pack. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: GreatOrator
D

Darthbabe

Errr. I have the issue of not being able to kill any of the bosses. I had to cheat by throwing aton of instant damage potions to kill the troll. Same with the blood magic demon and toad.
I cant seem to find a way to kill the lead witch. I tried talking to the elm guy and nothing happens. I reloaded hoping for it just being lag.... I went into creative and used anything and everything.. thing is I cant even hit her :/
I noticed she takes damage by her fire so i tried fire balls and fire spells and nada.. it takes one damage off but her regen is off the rocket :<
What do i need to do to kill this annouying witch?
(i end up using the quest book code >.>)
NOW I have the issue of chald giving me the summons quest but not the summon paper.. I cant complete the quest without it. Is there a way to fix the quest or cheat the paper in?

Err ok so i used an npc wand to looking into the quest and everything is how it should be so im confused on why he never gave me the paper :( I tried changing the paper and replacing in the item thing but he still wont give it so my quest says i have it. :C
idk what to do and im worried changing things here and there might mess it up D:

I have done the reinforced, witchery, and botany quests. I have completed the investigation ones too. So I believe I'm at the point that he should throw that paper >.>

Last edited:
D

Darthbabe

I tried to look into but considering when i died in teh archeage blood place and couldnt get my stuff back... my husband had to use that to get my items back into my inventory. So i dont think its that :/

btw you are amazing :3

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
The mobs not being aggro during the appropriate quest is exactly command blocks, stuff not able to retrieve is due to the protections in place to prevent players from destroying or looting certain areas.

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
@GreatOrator It was mentioned once somewhere around page 200, but I saw no response to it scanning the pages. So here's a bug with ChocoCraft. (Using FTB Recommended version v2.8.5, unsure if there is a newer fixed version.)

ChocoCraft may have changed some item IDs. The Chocobo Breeder (Logman) rewards you with an invalid spawn egg (Image below, tooltip of it) for the 64 hay bale quest. The eggs he sells also seem reordered, for example the invalid egg first (16c) and a gold chocobo (96c) is cheaper than a white one (128c).

u7xJxAT.png

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I will double check as that was something I took care of in the 2.8 update, did you start fresh or simply update?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to play this modpack, but it keeps crashing. I load the world with the "back to the game" menu opened, and once i click the button to go back to the game my game crashes.
From what little I understand and tried to find information online, is a problem with my graphics card, but i could be completly wrong. I dont have this problem with other modpacks.
Edit: I have 4gb of ram alocated to minecraft
Edit: I tried starting the game with 3gb and the game didnt crashed as fast, and then with 2gb it went on for a little bit more, I got to see the floor and other blocks. Lower than 2 gb the game takes so much time to load and it freezes... Not sure what is going on...
If I need to post anything else, just tell what and how.
I really wanna play this...

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000002b24ad95, pid=5184, tid=11324
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_25-b18) (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.25-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [ig7icd64.dll+0x6ad95]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\Carolina\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\TolkienCraft II\hs_err_pid5184.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Attachments

• hs_err_pid5184.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it looks like an issue with java. Afraid can't be much help in that realm. This pack is a bit heartier than most, so enough memory is another issue possibly

L

letherrider

Hello, I've just created this account to ask a question about the modpack. I installed it on FTB launcher.
After this, I downloaded the map from the button on the game.
I'm using Java 1.8 and 5gb RAM. The screen gets black and then the game goes to "shutting down server".
After shutting down it goes to the multiplayer screen. I'm trying to play the singleplayer.
Why this is happening? I wrote all logs i have on pastebin and post it below. Please, help me.

This is the latest log from TolkienCraft II folder: pastebin . com/J3NV2Nqx
This is the FTBLauncherLog from TolkienCraft II folder: pastebin . com/V9wTahgC

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, looking at the log, looks like one or more files are corrupted from the downloads, either a mod or file from the map was corrupted during download.

L

letherrider

Hum, how can i get a clean download, without FTB? Because i made the download twice.
@edit
Well, I can play the game now, but some NPC's (like those from the first quest from the King) are not opening the shop. So i cant buy the items for the King. Maybe the files are corrupted?

Last edited: