[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies for not being responsive for a while, been fairly busy IRL.

Updating the mods and removing the ones I listed has helped the pack nicely, computer resource wise, but I need to redo the Production Contracts code and Bibliocraft Blind Bags due to the changes to Bibliocraft.

around what time does it take for a new update?
Usually I try to space out updates to every 2 weeks to give myself time to make new quests and test any updated mods.

This time, though, with the issues 0.0.6 are presenting, I'm hoping to submit 0.0.7 this weekend.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Looking into it, I thought it was more than just a single block, so probably not going to remove it.

I know, and its one of those mods I'd love to have in the pack, and it was initially, but it added a lot of worldgen lag even with fastcraft (which might have been fixed since) and a few other little issues that I dropped it somewhat early.

---------------
Here's an updated list with a few more things :
  • PNEUMATICRAFT - There's plenty of tech mods so far, and as much as I love this one, its also fairly heavy.
  • BIBLIOWOODS - With Bibliocraft's newest version, the Bibliowoods additions aren't needed. You can use the Furniture Paneler to use ANY solid block texture for the furniture.
  • MR CRAYFISH FURNITURE MOD - With DecoCraft and Bibliocraft, might be a good idea to prune this one down as well.
  • HOLO INVENTORY - Usually either disabled or adds client side lag when used. Can be added by players themselves if they wish.
  • GROWTHCRAFT BAMBOO - Theres a whole lot to grow and build with already.
  • IN GAME WIKI MOD - For a small mod, the profiler is showing me this mod is fairly high in loading time. Its also something most folks can add themselves.
I think you shouldnt cut the tech mods even its not used much. and pnumatic drones are uber cool!

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
just wondering did the new quest machine life get into stuff other than compact machines

Gametweeka

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say great work on the pack Caigan! It's been keeping me entertained for awhile now. Great, great, great.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I think you shouldnt cut the tech mods even its not used much. and pnumatic drones are uber cool!
They are, I know, but I have to consider the pack as a whole and performance unfortunately. Its a tough balance when...well, you tend to be like a ferret and collect every mod you can and stuff them into a game =P

Maybe with the improvements of 1.8 when modding scene hits that heavily, I can have way more mods. Ah, dreams :cool:

just wondering did the new quest machine life get into stuff other than compact machines
Just compact machines for now, and Automation Station only got Progressive Automation. Mekanism and Minefactory Reloaded will be added to those two pages at a later date.

It's been keeping me entertained for awhile now.
Glad to hear =)

Fifthcard

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan Really loving the pack and how you have really got all the mods to work together. I know you are trying to cut out some heavy packs but could I suggest
OpenPeripheral. You have all the other open mods but his mod allows better integration of computercraft to further automate some things a little easier.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that while some quests are there as fillers, the Lore based texts havnt been done as yet. Just curious, is there a timetable for the stories? I'm hanging out for em :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, by popular demand, I'm going to leave Pneumaticraft in.

OpenPeripheral.
Hmm, I'll consider it, its not a big mod.

Just curious, is there a timetable for the stories?
I try to keep each main questline following a sort of 'story' for the larger mods. (stuff like Progressive Automation and whatnot are small and don't deal too much with 'new technology', so its not like the big quest lines like EnderIO where the story progresses and everyone learns new things.)

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to add much in the way of quests for 0.0.7. I'm doing a bunch of Minetweaker cleanup, testing updated mods, tweaking configs, etc.

I will, however, be adding a page for Administrative use, which will have repeatable quests to increase your Shop and Trader ranks by 50 or 100 points a time, with admin-only spawnable tokens. This way, if HQM progress resets again, you can easily get back up your ranks.

Most Job Title rank, though, is through quests, so just auto completing and accepting the rewards again should rebuild that reputation.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Okies not a problem, I'll float around what's there. It'll push the creation of a few new character voices sooner than I would have liked but you gotta roll with what ya got

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan i was doing some exploring around the map and i came across some werid village i don't know what mod spawns shielded villages but i found like 3 of them not to far from each other curious if the spawn for them needs to be tuned down?

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan i was doing some exploring around the map and i came across some werid village i don't know what mod spawns shielded villages but i found like 3 of them not to far from each other curious if the spawn for them needs to be tuned down?

It is the new witchery version that makes cooler looking villages. I would suggest to enjoy them :)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
And, episode 3 has landed!
I think I might have to start doing in between episode building more..

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I am burning the midnight oil tonight, and I bring you great tidings!

Mekanism updated again, fixing a few more crash issues.

Toolbox updated, fixing the Tinker Construct tool compatibility.

I have added YAMPT. This will allow me to warn players in-game when a new update may require them to remove certain items (such as Bibliowoods in this update).

I have also...well, here, see for yourself :
UXZf0kx.png

I have also added 1 new quest (toolbox), added the new relics and new items from the Botania update to appropriate quests and blind bags (Note : I am not adding the relics themselves to the Blind Bags, I am only adding the Die of Fate).

I will NOT be uploading the pack before I go to bed. That is asking for trouble. I will be up bright and early (my body refuses to let me sleep in) to do some final testing before I submit it.

Yep those villages are Witchery, and you were mostly just lucky I think. Testing it took me a lot of creative boosted flying to find even one.

Maybe I was just unlucky, we'll have to see!

I think I might have to start doing in between episode building more..
Yeah, best idea is to do minor stuff between episodes. Heavy resource gathering and smaller builds and whatnot. =)

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing the pack for a few days. The problem is fps can go above 25 and there is a lot of lag spikes. And i have a decent pc. Any suggestions?(even fastcraft cant help)

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing the pack for a few days. The problem is fps can go above 25 and there is a lot of lag spikes. And i have a decent pc. Any suggestions?(even fastcraft cant help)
Me too but wait for the next upgrade as Caigan as made few optimization and suppress certain mods.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions?(even fastcraft cant help)
I'm almost done testing the 0.0.7 update and then will submit it to the FTB Third Party team. It has the new FastCraft and various other improvements that should help.

After I submit it, I'll be working on updating the Main Post and the new Known Issues document. There are currently a few things on the link there that you can try, but it is by no means the full list.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The update has been tested, packaged up, and sent to the FTB Third Party Team.

I have updated the main post with a little better layout. It will get more updates shortly. As will the Known Issues document.

You can check out the 0.0.7 Changelog HERE! There is not much in the way of quests, but there are lots of small improvements, some cleaning up of MineTweaker and other files, mod updates that fix lots of bugs.

Biggest to note is that the Power Supply quests can be repeated now, as you have to Crate the Flux capacitors before turning them in. I believe I got the right NBT data set up for crafted and admin spawned versions.

Reactions: Raetac and Mlukvai

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! Waiting for it. Btw i cant see any recipes for magic crops seeds. Should i breed them. Or ar they just disabled?