[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

4oz_scoop

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say i just finished reading the changelog for .06 and it brought a tear to my eye...thank you thank you thank you for the most excellent changes :) and also very much enjoying myself either way. keep it coming!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've a slight problem, the world I started with gets stuck converting with the line on the console been
[atomicstryker.updatecheck.common.UpdateCheckMod$UpdateCheckThread:run:68]: Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8

Not a huge deal really, I'll start another world, hqm edit the quests I've done and make a RP story to cover the new world...an attempt to teleport myself back home went wrong ;D

flammehawk

Jul 29, 2019
If something goes wrong for Raetac he finds a way to make the better out of it.
that said I love this modpack and that you are doing it Raetac

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've a slight problem, the world I started with gets stuck converting with the line on the console been
[atomicstryker.updatecheck.common.UpdateCheckMod$UpdateCheckThread:run:68]: Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8

Not a huge deal really, I'll start another world, hqm edit the quests I've done and make a RP story to cover the new world...an attempt to teleport myself back home went wrong ;D
Did you try remove the update checker mod? It certainly seems like its just what is erroring out and isn't actually required for anything to work.

wagner

Jul 29, 2019
I also had my world hanging, with multiple errors occurring after some time, but MC did not crash. The update checker errors were among them, but removing it did not help.

Here is the garbage in the console: http://pastebin.com/hypQy3NH

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It certainly seems like its just what is erroring out and isn't actually required for anything to work.
I also had my world hanging, with multiple errors occurring after some time, but MC did not crash. The update checker errors were among them, but removing it did not help.

Oddly, the error the game is crashing on is NOT the update checker, but before the update checker. The HQM thinks its save data is corrupted, so its crashing.

Open up the folder for your world and delete the HardcoreQuesting folder. This will reset your questing progress, but you can use /hqm edit playername to bring yourself back to where you were.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll restart anyway, the new map has a very interesting location near spawn I would love to visit / exploit

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to work on a new main post for this thread shortly. Want to do a few other things I've been meaning to do, including moving Known Issues and Fixes into its own Google Doc, cleaning up some of the sections and laying them out nicer, etc.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a brand new world with 0.0.6, near spawn there is a witchery town with fake smeltrery and I decide to make my home here.

Found the tinker's house and made some tools.

After a while I've got a big lag spike (60 FPS to 1 FPS) and finaly the game crash to desktop.

Here is the crash log http://pastebin.com/gDAnwd4d.

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
I updated my world any when I load up my old world it gets stuck on this thread. [atomicstryker.updatecheck.common.UpdateCheckMod$UpdateCheckThread:run:68]: Now reading data segment for mismatching mcversion: Minecraft 1.8. any idea why this is happening

EDIT: never mind. I just had to wait 20 minutes and then it finished loading

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to get essence seeds now? I didn't see it added to any of the essence seed bags. Is it only by drops from tall grass?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
After a while I've got a big lag spike (60 FPS to 1 FPS) and finaly the game crash to desktop.
When it starts to lag, could you use /opis and have it scan and look over the tabs, specifically Entities and Timing?

I updated my world any when I load up my old world it gets stuck on this thread.
If it gets stuck on that for more than 10 minutes, check the logs before those and see if theres a java error for hardcore questing.

Is it possible to get essence seeds now? I didn't see it added to any of the essence seed bags. Is it only by drops from tall grass?
It both drops from tall grass and is in the Weak Essence Seed Bag, but I realized I forgot to update the quest text to match.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Another crash log http://pastebin.com/J0ihaN7z

On first launch I've 35-45 FPS and after few minuts of play I've 14 FPS.

Opis show me on Summary tab 496 entities for 386 ms.

Tracking tab show me 1145 entities with no type.

When I want to launch render on client timing tab MC freeze and I can do nothing, killed the client.

Zenfly

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, I updated my server which went pretty smoothly, though some of the tinkers items got unregistered, we put the item back in the crafting window and I think that may have fixed it...also we had a "party" the update removed us from the party...is there a file somewhere to more from the old server dir to fix that? By the way a "nice to have" would be a server update wiki specific to Ferret (if needed). I was a sysadmin for many years so the server side stuff is a piece of cake for MC, as long as I know what to move where or what script to run.

Great mod btw, its scary at night!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Oh now I'm torn, I left the game to load when I went to work to see if time could sort out my game, and in fact it had! So I could keep going on the world I have for the LP or go ahead to the new world and the nicer biomes, decisions decisions... whats a Raetac to do...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Tracking tab show me 1145 entities with no type.
Okay thats strange. I have a hunch on what that might be.

If you can open your EnderIO config file, theres a line for disabling Squid. Try enabling them again and see if this keeps happening.

Jexsam

Jul 29, 2019
So just tried to turn in a Leadstone Flux Capacitor that was fully charged and deactivated. Not accepting :C Went through the trouble of making an Energetic Infuser just for this too XD Any ideas what it may be though? Would I possibly need to craft a Quest Delivery System and send it through that?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
inkers items got unregistered, we put the item back in the crafting window and I think that may have fixed it
Yeah, this will happen when something with tinkers construct or its addons change. Since I put the harvest levels back to normal, tinker construct tools need to be 'recrafted' in any crafting table to update their stats properly.

the update removed us from the party...is there a file somewhere to more from the old server dir to fix that?
Unfortunately, thats another thing with the HQM quest reset that can happen. I'm hoping a lot of these issues are fixed with the new HQM...when it comes out, but no word on when that will be.

By the way a "nice to have" would be a server update wiki specific
I plan on adding something like this to the Known Issues and Troubleshooting document I'll be working on soon. Real Life has gotten in the way today unfortunately, so I'm behind on my modpack stuff.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So just tried to turn in a Leadstone Flux Capacitor that was fully charged and deactivated. Not accepting :C Went through the trouble of making an Energetic Infuser just for this too XD Any ideas what it may be though? Would I possibly need to craft a Quest Delivery System and send it through that?
Very strange, I made one by hand and tested it and it worked. Let me think....

Don't use a QDS, as it'll just eat the item if its not the proper item you need to turn in.

Jexsam

Jul 29, 2019
Very strange, I made one by hand and tested it and it worked. Let me think....

Don't use a QDS, as it'll just eat the item if its not the proper item you need to turn in.
Yeah just found that out. Cheated the Capacitor back in then the quest accepted it which I find strange o_O refilling it and trying again. No idea what went wrong. I'll edit this when I'm able to attempt turning in again.

EDIT: Yeah same as before. Won't accept it anymore :/