[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I had been away with real life for a while and was super stoked to see the change log and try out the latest version of TFB :) I ran into an interesting and irksome bug on upgrading my pack - my quest progress was messed up, but that's no big deal since it is common with other packs and you mentioned how to fix it with /hqm edit, but it also reset my reputation and I cannot find a way to manually change my reputation numbers =/ As an amusing side note, the patch also somehow set me to 4095 deaths of each type XD http://puu.sh/gUL4y/66e77a2a58.jpg

Any ideas on how to manually reset my reputation numbers?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas on how to manually reset my reputation numbers?
No way unfortunately, other than admin spawning yourself stuff to repeat quests until you get back to where you were.

I really wish I could work out what does and does not reset quest progress. 0.0.5/0.0.4 I changed some existing quests and it didn't require a quest restart for most folks, but 0.0.6 it did. And 0.0.3 it only seemed to reset SOME peoples quests.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan might be a bug on the Flux Capacitor you get back from the quest for them, i made a lead Flux Capacitor than charged it in bank than did the quest than upgraded it to harden after i got my lead Flux Capacitor back, charged it but now it wont accept it, don't know it because i upgraded the 1 i got back or something eles.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan might be a bug on the Flux Capacitor you get back from the quest for them,
I might have a work around with using Crates and minetweaker checking for specific NBT tags when crating something. I'll have to test more later tonight, Sunday and Monday are usually heavily RL busy for me so I can only do minor research and poke my head into the thread now and then =)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
That's fine Caigan, you gave us a big update already so were not expecting you to rush to the next version in the next week. This will give us a chance to bust a move on the update and find any bugs that need to be fixed to report. :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NEW KNOWN ISSUE
Do not use Tinker Construct tools in a toolbox now...during initial testing I had 0 issues, but now it resets the tool to a wooden TiCo tool and I'm not sure what happened.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
hmm didn't even know you added the toolbox o.o cool but thanks for the update.

Caigan i don't know if its a bug or not but i find the 2 starting quests for the quest book a little switched around i mean the first 1 for 5 dirt , 5 sand and 1 gravel give a stone pick and shove than why in the next quest makes you make all the wooden tools? maybe instead of stone pick and shovel it gives a stack or half stack of cobble than you use that to make stone tools where instead of taking them it detects them?

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan i don't know if its a bug or not but i find the 2 starting quests for the quest book a little switched around i mean the first 1 for 5 dirt ,
Not really switched around, but I had reorganized them a few times and redid what it asked for and what rewards it gave, and it got to a jumbled mess and I never really fixed them. I probably should have when I changed up the rewards to give armor and a defense turret though.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
It's not to bad just figure if the quest where changed around and is the quest that requires you to make an iron pick and sword suppose to take them instead of detect?

Edit: anyone eles hosting a open server for this? I don't know if wolf still has his open.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm working on 0.0.7 update as we speak. I try to plan for an update every 2 weeks, but this one I'll push out a bit faster due to the odd bugs + the fact FastCraft has a new version out, and to have permission to include it, it must be kept up to date (I know within 3 weeks, but in two weeks life is about to get somewhat hectic for me, so I don't want to risk it).

I'm either going to remove Toolbox, replace it with the other tool switcher mod if the world corruption bug issue is fixed, or just add a tooltip disclaimer to the Toolbox to not use Tinker's Tools with it.

I have already cleared up some of the issues that popped up in 0.0.6, including the blank entities showing up in Opis that can't be killed, and only go away on a game/server restart. I"m unsure WHICH mod I updated to fix this, but Mekanism, Botania, EnderIO (using the Jenkins build, not the website build), Lycanites, and Project RED were the main ones updated on my first pass.

OPIS is being downgraded a version due to some suggestions that latest version has issues. ProfMobius is working on a new version to deal with these issues, but unsure if it'll release before I wrap up and submit 0.0.7.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
OPIS is being downgraded a version due to some suggestions that latest version has issues. ProfMobius is working on a new version to deal with these issues, but unsure if it'll release before I wrap up and submit 0.0.7.
Glad to see you're already working on a new version :)

I haven't test you suggestion for the blank entities problem but I've hear too about problem with OPIS.

I must say that version 0.0.6 use lot of RAM.

On my computer first start use 2,06 Go and after playing an hour it take 3,47 Go.

I've allocated 4 Go to minecraft and I've no problem with other modpacks.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I must say that version 0.0.6 use lot of RAM.
Yeah, I'm looking into reducing in various ways.

On that note, I'm feeling its time to prune some mods that may be a bit on the outlier. The following are being considered currently :

• PNEUMATICRAFT - There's plenty of tech mods so far, and as much as I love this one, its also fairly heavy.
  • BIBLIOWOODS - With Bibliocraft's newest version, the Bibliowoods additions aren't needed. You can use the Furniture Paneler to use ANY solid block texture for the furniture.
  • MR CRAYFISH FURNITURE MOD - With DecoCraft and Bibliocraft, might be a good idea to prune this one down as well.
  • HOLO INVENTORY - Usually either disabled or adds client side lag when used.
  • GROWTHCRAFT BAMBOO - Theres a whole lot to grow and build with already.
  • GROWTHCRAFT FISHTRAP - Normal fishing is fine.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering Caigan, have you considered Mariculture as a fishery alternative? I see you think normal fishing is fine, however after I've been dabbling around with it for quite some time I do rather enjoy it

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering Caigan, have you considered Mariculture as a fishery alternative? I see you think normal fishing is fine, however after I've been dabbling around with it for quite some time I do rather enjoy it
Unfortunately, I've found mariculture to be heavier on a modpack than Pneumaticraft, due to the changes in ocean biome generation and additional things. =(

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm looking into reducing in various ways.

On that note, I'm feeling its time to prune some mods that may be a bit on the outlier. The following are being considered currently :

• PNEUMATICRAFT - There's plenty of tech mods so far, and as much as I love this one, its also fairly heavy.
  • BIBLIOWOODS - With Bibliocraft's newest version, the Bibliowoods additions aren't needed. You can use the Furniture Paneler to use ANY solid block texture for the furniture.
  • MR CRAYFISH FURNITURE MOD - With DecoCraft and Bibliocraft, might be a good idea to prune this one down as well.
  • HOLO INVENTORY - Usually either disabled or adds client side lag when used.
  • GROWTHCRAFT FISHTRAP - Normal fishing is fine.

Please reconsider the Growthcraft fishtrap.... a lot of people really don't like just standing there fishing.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Please reconsider the Growthcraft fishtrap.... a lot of people really don't like just standing there fishing.
Looking into it, I thought it was more than just a single block, so probably not going to remove it.

Thats fair enough, was a thought
I know, and its one of those mods I'd love to have in the pack, and it was initially, but it added a lot of worldgen lag even with fastcraft (which might have been fixed since) and a few other little issues that I dropped it somewhat early.

---------------
Here's an updated list with a few more things :
  • HOLO INVENTORY - Usually either disabled or adds client side lag when used. Can be added by players themselves if they wish.
  • IN GAME WIKI MOD - For a small mod, the profiler is showing me this mod is fairly high in loading time. Its also something most folks can add themselves.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Well after a botched attempt at a world reset, it just did not feel right. So I have continued on with the world I started with and I feel much better about the results