[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! Waiting for it. Btw i cant see any recipes for magic crops seeds. Should i breed them. Or ar they just disabled?
Only Essence Crop Seeds drop from Tall Grass. All other seeds are only obtainable by purchasing them in the Corporate Shop.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get texture packs to work properly? I'm trying to use faithful, but whenever I do, all of the Ferret Shinies textures get messed up.

Jexsam

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get texture packs to work properly? I'm trying to use faithful, but whenever I do, all of the Ferret Shinies textures get messed up.
I've managed to get Jaded's mixpack to work. But when I disabled the resource pack I had the same problem with Ferret Shinies textures getting messed up. Not a big deal however. Only had to relog to fix the problem.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NOW ON THE LAUNCHER : 0.0.7 THE HUNT FOR RED LAGTOBER UPDATE
WARNING : BEFORE UPDATING, IF YOU ARE USING ANY BIBLIO-WOODS FURNITURE TO STORE THINGS, DO NOT UPDATE. GO IN AND EMPTY THOSE OUT, AS BIBLIOWOODS IS REMOVED!
Summarized Changelog!
  • 1 New Normal Quest (Toolbox) and 2 New Administrative Quests
    • The Administrative quests are on the last page. They enable you to quickly regain Shop and Trader reputation and can only be completed with admin-spawned items.
  • 15+ Updated quests
    • New Botania items added to quests and bags
    • Bibliocraft quests updated with new tools.
    • EnderIO turn-in quests altered slightly to offer choice of items back.
    • Initial starting quests rebalanced slightly in terms of tools rewarded.
    • Energy Production contracts now require you to Crate full Flux Capacitors
  • Five Mods Removed
    • Biblio Woods - With the new update of Bibliocraft comes the Furniture Paneler, which enables you to use ANY solid block texture. This makes Bibliowoods useless and take up pack resources.
    • Holo Inventory - Usually disabled, and when enabled it can cause performance issues. It is a mod that players are free to add themselves
    • In-Game Wiki Mod - Had a fairly heavy load up time on resources for what it did, its also something a player can add if they want it.
    • Mr Crayfish Furniture Mod - Lot of furniture in the pack as it is
    • WTP - Unecessary with one of the new mods.
  • 3 New Mods!
    • Custom Main Menu - New custom main menu!
    • Resource Loader - Enables me to add graphics without having to resort to editing a jar or adding a resource pack.
    • YAMPST - This enables me to track crash logs better, pack played statistics, and also send out messages prior to an update if I need to warn people about a change, like I would have had with Bibliowoods being removed.
  • A whole LOT of mod updates and tweaks to improve performance.

Jexsam

Jul 29, 2019
So quests will reset?
Mine surprisingly didn't this time around. Not sure how it will affect others though

@Caigan Though a problem I am having(this was before update and now reoccuring after) is at times something in my controls will mess up and when I click something in my inventory, with left or right click, it will throw the item out. I've been checking my controls and can't find the issue. Going to keep looking around though.

EDIT: and as soon as I post this, it fixes itself. Though I am getting a texture glitch with many Ferret Shinies items that I will screenshot in a moment here and post

EDIT 2:
b0ee918b06.png
First item is the Shop Voucher. Then Coins, Hide Sample, Unfilled Crates, Shimmering Scales, and Creepy Flesh. This seems to be occurring with all Ferret Shinies for me currently. Not sure what I broke XD Gonna try restarting my client though

Last edited:

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, unfortunately. What resets quests in one update doesn't reset quests in a different update, and even then it doesn't reset quests for everyone. =T
Well. I just hope my trade stats wont go. I sold too many iron for it. If it resets, can i re get them with a cheat or something like that?

Jexsam

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I just hope my trade stats wont go. I sold too many iron for it. If it resets, can i re get them with a cheat or something like that?
There is an Admin section of the quest book now. You can turn in 2 items that you can only get from creative/NEI in there. The quests are at the very bottom of the book. Each gives you 50 reputation in Trader and Shop Loyalty

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
) is at times something in my controls will mess up
Theres an inventory tweaks thing where if you hold...its either ctrl or alt when you click on an item, it'll drop it on the ground instead. It sounds like you might accidently be pressing one of those, or your game thinks you are.

Though I am getting a texture glitch with many Ferret Shinies items that I will screenshot in a moment here and post
That is...super weird. Does it go away when you restart the game?

I sold too many iron for it. If it resets, can i re get them with a cheat or something like that?
Yep, the new Adminstrative section in the last page of the book is for regaining larger amounts of Shop and Trader reputation.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Theres an inventory tweaks thing where if you hold...its either ctrl or alt when you click on an item, it'll drop it on the ground instead. It sounds like you might accidently be pressing one of those, or your game thinks you are.

That is...super weird. Does it go away when you restart the game?

Yep, the new Adminstrative section in the last page of the book is for regaining larger amounts of Shop and Trader reputation.
Huh thats was close. Nothing got reset. I guess Im on my lucky day.(which is a rare thing)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
At least its an easy fix though.
It is, but when we have time, my partner and I are going to have to delve into the code and look up some stuff on why the textures seem to be getting...shifted oddly, sometimes.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NEW KNOWN ISSUES
For...some odd reason, any microblocks made of VANILLA materials (stone, wood), will switch to another block between 0.0.6 and 0.0.7, possibly. I've had a report of all stone microblocks turning into osmium, but they are next to mod blocks that haven't changed at all.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I guess thats the mods problem cause same happened on infinity to me. Wood covers turned into leaf covers. I didnt even know leaf covers a thing

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Having a weird issue since the update. If I plant the biomes o' plenty apple saplings, when they grow, they are regular oak trees with persimmon's on them and not the biomes o' plenty apple trees.