[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Mapwriter is built into Opis in this case, as it it uses Mapwriter to display lagging areas and high tickcount and whatnot spots for analysis.

If you aren't having problems, you can disable Opis without hurting anything.

Whoops no energy cubes, what was the thing I was thinking of...

I believed it is, yes. The redone lycanites configs might have switched some things up, I'll take another comb through them tomorrow.

I might add a larger research material quest for each one.

You're thinking Witchery is 'bad magic. It deals a lot with keeping a balance of nature. Yeah, it can be bad, but so can many of the other mods. Any quarry will be ripping up giant holes in the ground. etc etc =)

Don't forget there is also Blood Magic, Forbidden Magic, and a lot of Thaumcraft research can be pretty eldritch.

I haven't gotten around to making a sprite for the book. Not one I'm happy with at least.
Sorry, I had a grudge with witchery and never really learned it. I just remember all those nightmares about all those seeds filling up my inventory... Pretty stupid I know :/

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten around to making a sprite for the book. Not one I'm happy with at least.

Since we love your pack so much maybe instead of making one yourself have the community make some and see if you like any they make, best way to move forward is always the people who play the game opinion.

I believed it is, yes. The redone lycanites configs might have switched some things up, I'll take another comb through them tomorrow.

Blah i hate that if its dependent on the biome, though i wonder does the biome not affect it when its in the sky? i remember my blood magic well of suffering with curse of earth in the sky spawned alot of different mobs. Makes me gonna have to rework it in a different biome for tests i don't like skeleton mob farms since try to filter the bows are such a pain. Either that or i might just do a blaze + witch combo mob farm instead of curse earth to clear up some of my troubles.

Edit: ok so i did a little looking around and research and Curse Earth is biome dependent they say it spawns the mobs of that general biome that its placed in so i'm curious if the shielded village i got my curse earth spawner made in is somehow increase the skeleton spawn rate otherwise i think i don't know why its spawning like 7-8 skeletons per other mobs which its nuts.

Last edited:

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Blah i hate that if its dependent on the biome, though i wonder does the biome not affect it when its in the sky? i remember my blood magic well of suffering with curse of earth in the sky spawned alot of different mobs. Makes me gonna have to rework it in a different biome for tests i don't like skeleton mob farms since try to filter the bows are such a pain. Either that or i might just do a blaze + witch combo mob farm instead of curse earth to clear up some of my troubles.

Edit: ok so i did a little looking around and research and Curse Earth is biome dependent they say it spawns the mobs of that general biome that its placed in so i'm curious if the shielded village i got my curse earth spawner made in is somehow increase the skeleton spawn rate otherwise i think i don't know why its spawning like 7-8 skeletons per other mobs which its nuts.

Not that it solves your problem, but why is it a pain to filter bows? Wouldn't a simple item conduit with basic item filter set to ignore meta/nbt data, leading to a trash can, do the job just fine?

It's curious with mob spawning, in another pack I had a chunk where several creepers would hang out at night, and I mean maybe 15 of them. Every night. It's a bit conspirational, but maybe you've got one of those chunks but with skellies ;).

Caigan, great work with the pack, you seem to spend a lot of time and effort on it and it really shows!

Th3Ch053n0n3

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Mapwriter is built into Opis in this case, as it it uses Mapwriter to display lagging areas and high tickcount and whatnot spots for analysis.

If you aren't having problems, you can disable Opis without hurting anything.

Ah, so OPIS is the culprit.... Cool. If you want to keep it, I'd recommend disabling the mapwriter keys (if you can), because they were conflicting with my journeymap, which prompted my original post.

As for me? I'm just gonna chop out Opis entirely. No need for it, I never lag.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, had a crash trying to open a Chisel Blind Bag Series C1. Haven't gone through the thread to see if it's been reported already, but hope you can fix it anyway.

Attachments

• crash-2015-04-06_23.04.02-server.txt
    56.1 KB · Views: 60

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Since we love your pack so much maybe instead of making one yourself have the community make some and see if you like any they make
Possibly!

Hey, had a crash trying to open a Chisel Blind Bag Series C1
Oh, I see what the cause was. Chisel removed some items last update and I forgot to remove them from the Blind Bags. Noted and it'll be fixed next update. If we have time we'll also update the Blind Bag code with a check or something in case an item goes missing in an update, hm....

toaran

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
does anyone know what causes FPS drops when i use a certain resource pack? It is more than just lag my whole computer is is slowed... the CPU load however is only a little higher...

I tried to use sphax purebdcraft with various patches... i couldn't find out what patch caused the FPS Lag

any ideas?

T

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
does anyone know what causes FPS drops when i use a certain resource pack? It is more than just lag my whole computer is is slowed... the CPU load however is only a little higher...

I tried to use sphax purebdcraft with various patches... i couldn't find out what patch caused the FPS Lag

any ideas?

T
Sphax is a very heavy pack specially 64x and above and all the mods. So it requires a beefy computer to work. It can even shut down whole os.(happened to me when i tried 256x. I had to reset.

toaran

Jul 29, 2019
Sphax is a very heavy pack specially 64x and above and all the mods. So it requires a beefy computer to work. It can even shut down whole os.(happened to me when i tried 256x. I had to reset.

I use Shpax for all the modpacks i palyed and had only problems when i use more than 64x...

Catfather12

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is bug or feature, but in 0.0.7 when I try to make a TE pulverizer, but using forestry copper gears (to save on resources) the pulverizer cannot be crafted...only TE gears work. I can use a tin forestry gear for the machine frame, but cannot use forestry copper gears for the pulverizer itself.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is bug or feature, but in 0.0.7 when I try to make a TE pulverizer, but using forestry copper gears (to save on resources) the pulverizer cannot be crafted...only TE gears work. I can use a tin forestry gear for the machine frame, but cannot use forestry copper gears for the pulverizer itself.

Strange that has never happened to me before but maybe its how i make my gears instead of stone and wood i made a gear cast and use tinkers smeltery to make all my gears saves me wasting iron or that when i need to make invar and electum gears for a machine frame upgrade.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know what causes FPS drops when i use a certain resource pack?
Larger res texture packs (64x, 128x, etc) on large modpacks can cause heavy fps drops. Use 16x or 32x res resourcepacks unless you have a beefy computer. (Even then, you might still get fps drops)

Strange that only some of the Forestry gears are ore dictionaried and others aren't. I'll note it down to fix when I start working on the next update, probably tomorrow.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought about adding Ancient Warfare 2 to the pack? it would give players the ability to create their own corperations while they are in the minecraft world though the NPC creation. the power generation in it is very nice and the builders are fantastic.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Strange that has never happened to me before but maybe its how i make my gears instead of stone and wood i made a gear cast and use tinkers smeltery to make all my gears saves me wasting iron or that when i need to make invar and electum gears for a machine frame upgrade.
I have never done that for gears, going to have to give it a try
Edit to save Double Posting
Episode 4 is out, Raetac Grows a Tail...

Last edited:

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Having some issues preventing me from completing some quests. Sorry if there's a list somewhere, but I couldn't find one if there was.
  • It is impossible to turn in the Natura bush quests (either of them). The bushes simply just aren't detected.
  • BOP Barley is impossible to find, as the Pasture biome no longer exists in 1.7.10 builds. There's no plans to readd the crop for 1.7.10
  • I've noticed recipes for Tainted Soil and Heat Sand were added. That's great because despite the quest's implication that they may be rare but exist, they actually don't spawn at all when Natura is configured not to override the Nether.

And some annoyances, but understandable if intended.
  • You cannot craft crates with Red Power gem blocks. The gems themselves are ore dictionaried and work fine, but the blocks are not. It would be nice if recipes could be added for them.
  • Also, the whole exploration quest set is a great idea in theory, but in practice it can be very difficult to find some of these items. For example, mud is listed as "fairly common", but exists in quantities about 0.5 per million, (less than 2 per million non-air blocks) in my world. This of course varies greatly with world seed. As an another example, it took me 5-6 hours to find all 4 overworld berries, and another 3-4 hours each looking Nether berries and mud. I was perhaps unlucky, but these are definitely quests that are greatly dependent on RNG.

dimset

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else having issues with the warp book? I've set a player page location but I'm unable to teleport or set page names. Clicking the unknown page yields no results. I tried renaming it in an anvil which worked but it's still an unknown page in the sub-text, yet the color is purple indicating it's a player page.

dimset

Jul 29, 2019
@Tahg
  • I've noticed recipes for Tainted Soil and Heat Sand were added. That's great because despite the quest's implication that they may be rare but exist, they actually don't spawn at all when Natura is configured not to override the Nether.
tainted soil and heat sand are an output from the sludge boiler aren't they? tainted soil can also come from the division sigil sacrifice no?

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else having issues with the warp book? I've set a player page location but I'm unable to teleport or set page names. Clicking the unknown page yields no results. I tried renaming it in an anvil which worked but it's still an unknown page in the sub-text, yet the color is purple indicating it's a player page.
when you set the warp page you have to do a regular right click(not shift) it then comes up to name the page(cant already be bound) if you shift right click, the page doesn't work(bug maybe)

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
@dimset ya, that's another possibility. Not sure why I grouped it there, that comment was more just on the quest description

Another issue I've found: Ghostwood trees are *extremely* rare, due to a bug in the spawn code. I think some mod intereaction with BOP Overgrown Netherrack allows it to spawn at all. I found 1 tree (via an external tool I wrote) in the thousands of chunks I had explored in the nether.