[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

dimset

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else having issues with the warp book? I've set a player page location but I'm unable to teleport or set page names. Clicking the unknown page yields no results. I tried renaming it in an anvil which worked but it's still an unknown page in the sub-text, yet the color is purple indicating it's a player page.
got it, i was shift right clicking the page, not just right click.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought about adding Ancient Warfare 2 to the pack
I've considered it before, but figured it'd work better as a major mod in a second pack I have on the drawing board.

It is impossible to turn in the Natura bush quests (either of them). The bushes simply just aren't detected.
These ones are a pain to fix, as this is the second time I've tried fixing them. I think I know how to fix them this time, lets hope.

BOP Barley is impossible to find, as the Pasture biome no longer exists in 1.7.10 builds. There's no plans to readd the crop for 1.7.10
Oi, this I didn't know. I'll remove that task from the quest.

I've noticed recipes for Tainted Soil and Heat Sand were added. That's great because despite the quest's implication that they may be rare but exist, they actually don't spawn at all when Natura is configured not to override the Nether.
I've found them to spawn before, but perhaps thats changed? Oh well, its one reason I have the recipes there, cause while I did find them, it was after a looot of exploring.

You cannot craft crates with Red Power gem blocks. The gems themselves are ore dictionaried and work fine, but the blocks are not. It would be nice if recipes could be added for them.
Some of the blocks are, most aren't. I found this out myself too while playing. Will be fixed next version.

Also, the whole exploration quest set is a great idea in theory, but in practice it can be very difficult to find some of these items.
Agreed. I'm thinking over different ways to change the BoP questline for the next version.

tainted soil can also come from the division sigil sacrifice no?
I don't think Tainted Soil does, but Cursed Earth.

Another issue I've found: Ghostwood trees are *extremely* rare, due to a bug in the spawn code.
Yeah, a lot of this will get shifted, on the planning board for 0.0.8 is redoing the BoP quests.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the Natura bushes, harvesting them yields meta 0 to 3, NEI has meta 12 to 15. Hope that helps if you're still having issues with them.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the Natura bushes, harvesting them yields meta 0 to 3, NEI has meta 12 to 15. Hope that helps if you're still having issues with them.
Yep, I had them ignoring NBT only. Switching them to Fuzzy Detection (ignores NBT and Metadata) should fix them.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Great work on this Awesome pack:) The only issue I ever seem to have when starting a new world(Not just this pack,lol) is finding a nice place to call home. I travel for hours over mountains, across rivers, through thick forest's looking for a place that stands out, that's say build here! Then I get tired, turn my game off and give it another go a few mins later.

Tahg

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you want to ignore metadata, as all the overworld bushes share the same id, as do all the nether bushes. (low 2 bits are the type, and high 2 bits are the growth size)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Great work on this Awesome pack:) The only issue I ever seem to have when starting a new world(Not just this pack,lol) is finding a nice place to call home. I travel for hours over mountains, across rivers, through thick forest's looking for a place that stands out, that's say build here! Then I get tired, turn my game off and give it another go a few mins later.
I know exactly what you mean, I usually find somewhere to hole up for a few minecraft nights and the area grows on me and I see it's potential after a while

Reactions: RehabOholic

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly what you mean, I usually find somewhere to hole up for a few minecraft nights and the area grows on me and I see it's potential after a while
That's happened to me. I just holed up, and kept expanding my hole in the wall and now its slowly becoming a real base lol

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
That's happened to me. I just holed up, and kept expanding my hole in the wall and now its slowly becoming a real base lol
Imo the problem is when you get midgame and have al lot of items its nearly impossible to break all your setups and transport.So I'm still living in my hole but now it has cooler walls

Reactions: RehabOholic

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Imo the problem is when you get midgame and have al lot of items its nearly impossible to break all your setups and transport.So I'm still living in my hole but now it has cooler walls
Exactly! I no longer live in dirt walls...its now chiselled cobblestone, but hopefully be even better in the future lol.

I also start with a very small space to begin with in the thought of moving somewhere else better in the future, but once I give into the fact that I"m not moving I start to grow the space :) My theme for this world will be more hidden. Most of what I'm doing will be underground and only a small building will be visible from the surface. :)

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly! I no longer live in dirt walls...its now chiselled cobblestone, but hopefully be even better in the future lol.

I also start with a very small space to begin with in the thought of moving somewhere else better in the future, but once I give into the fact that I"m not moving I start to grow the space :) My theme for this world will be more hidden. Most of what I'm doing will be underground and only a small building will be visible from the surface. :)
Personally i have a two story house o surface which is only aesthetic and i get down to my underground from a stair there. And for walls i use black red combination all the time. I love theme evil theme

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Personally i have a two story house o surface which is only aesthetic and i get down to my underground from a stair there. And for walls i use black red combination all the time. I love theme evil theme
What blocks do you use? That sounds like a pretty cool look. I"m trying to decide on what long term blocks I want to use for my base. I use marble a lot, but haven't found any yet so its a good chance to try something else.

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
What blocks do you use? That sounds like a pretty cool look. I"m trying to decide on what long term blocks I want to use for my base. I use marble a lot, but haven't found any yet so its a good chance to try something else.
Mfr large black bricks are pretty good for black look. And it is darker than basalt. Chisel tyrian goes pretty well with it. For now im using red bloodmagic blood stones but i need to find a better red.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Mfr large black bricks are pretty good for black look. And it is darker than basalt. Chisel tyrian goes pretty well with it. For now im using red bloodmagic blood stones but i need to find a better red.
I forgot about the MFR black bricks. I do like those! One of my favorite black blocks out there. Thanks for reminding me :)

On a side note, I think funky locomotion would be cool to add to the modpack, since we are all about building stuff for research for the "company" it would seem like it would fit well. Or am I missing another mod that does something similiar?

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot about the MFR black bricks. I do like those! One of my favorite black blocks out there. Thanks for reminding me :)

On a side note, I think funky locomotion would be cool to add to the modpack, since we are all about building stuff for research for the "company" it would seem like it would fit well. Or am I missing another mod that does something similiar?
If you have problems finding black dye chisel has dictionaried black cobble so you can turn vanilla cobble to mfr blackstone then cook it

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
If you have problems finding black dye chisel has dictionaried black cobble so you can turn vanilla cobble to mfr blackstone then cook it
I got lucky and found some squid plant seeds so I have relatively easy access to the dye, but that's definitely easy as well, so will have to keep that in mind :)

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a bug with the toolbox where it wont drop the item for certain blocks that you break. I tried to break a drum with a pick in my tool box it didn't drop the item. It worked on cobblestone though.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you want to ignore metadata, as all the overworld bushes share the same id, as do all the nether bushes. (low 2 bits are the type, and high 2 bits are the growth size)
Oh darn, I didn't pay attention to that. I know the other way I'll have to do it then : ore dictionary each bush separately and tell HQM to use ore dictionary.

There seems to be a bug with the toolbox where it wont drop the item for certain blocks that you break.
That's annoying. I'll check for a new version of toolbox or let the mod author know about the issue.

forlorn84

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to ask these questions. They are mod specific but happen to be mods in this pack. Can't seem to find answers anywhere else so I thought iId give it a shot. Tried so hard to not have to post here but I can't seem to find the information through Google. Two things I can't seem to figure out if anyone is nice enough to assist. I'm currently playing the modpack Ferret Business through FTB launcher on MC 1.7

First one being how to make a ocean world of liquids besides water. I've been trying to make a Yellorium fluid world for a couple days now. All I can manage to accomplish is Yellorium lakes. Those are nice but I don't really want to have to move pumps lake to lake each time one drains out.

Next issue I can't figure out is how to remove dimensions from the dialer. I have deleted them and reclaimed the dimension IDs with the in-game commands but the names in the dialer remain and when a new dimension is created with one of the IDs reclaimed the previous name of the dimension is what appears in the dialer still, even if I rename the new dimension.

Sorry if this are easy to answer questions but I just can't seem to find the answers on my own. Thanks for any help. Love the pack btw, keep up the great work Caigan.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
First one being how to make a ocean world of liquids besides water.
To what I understand, and I might be wrong cause I haven't messed with dimension building much yet, you'll what your dimlets in this order for Yellorium Oceans :
[Material - None] [Liquid - Yellorium] [Terrain - Normal] [Controller - Single] [Biome - Ocean]

As to the removing dimensions thing, I'm not quite sure, sorry =(